What are you currently listening to? 2022

3 Likes

How’d I miss that one- duh?

I don’t so much have favorite artists and groups as I do individual songs.

If U want something to go to sleep to, I recommend The Moody Blues - “Days of Future Past” album. I love the soliloquy at the beginning of the album: "Cold hearted orb that rules the night.
Removes the colors from our sight
Red is gray and yellow white
But we choose which is right and which is an illusion. "

When I was in Alaska I put the album on tape and would fall asleep listening to it thru headphones while reading ‘The Lord of the Rings’.

Ah… To be young again… Ha,ha

Trivia question: What was the name of his band?

1 Like

You kidding me ? The Mothers of - please fill in the rest. :wink:

The Mothers of Invention.

When I was in alaska there wasn’t much to do for entertainment except mess around with the guitars, drink and play trivia - A lot of it was music trivia. Like: Who did Ringo replace as the Beatles drummer?
What is Ringo’s real name?
What are all of the characters represented by The Village People?

1 Like

Wow Alaska sounds like fun :rofl:

1 Like

DavidP: “I declare if faced with a choice…”

I prefer the song more than any individual artist or group.

having said that. here are some more of my favorites.

Wicked Game - Chris Isac

Lynard Skynard
That Smell
Free Bird

ELO
Telephone Line
Turn to Stone
Evil Woman
Strange Magic
Livin’ Thing
Sweet Talkin’ Woman

Stairway to Heven - Led Zepplin
Wonder - Natalie Merchant
Because The Night - 10,000 Maniacs
Stay - Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs

A lot of 60s Do Wop songs

Obsessed. Only just discovered them. https://youtu.be/4Hi_kzzSXhY

1 Like

2022 version with an actual orchestra :open_mouth:! Surreal mix!

1 Like

Humble Pie could be hit and miss despite Steve Marriott’s obvious talent, but here they nailed the voodoo vibe of the Doctor’s original:

3 Likes

One of my all-time favorite songs, both musically and lyrically, “Spokesman” by Goldfinger. It’s all about wanting to hear music from authentic artists, not just cultivated figureheads.

They released a series of these “quarantine recordings” early on during the pandemic, where they recorded at their various homes/recording spaces around the country and edited them together into music videos. These were comforting to a whole lot of people, getting new performances of familiar songs during some rough times. :heart:

Coming down from planet Waits, i discovered only yesterday this little gem…

Indeed, the revolution will not be televised. :wink:

1 Like

Lot of great names on that record, e.g. Ron Carter and Bernard Purdie. The more “jazzy” songs are just as good as the stompers.

1 Like

Pretty good guitar action on this one by (most likely) Larry Coryell and Sonny Sharrock

It’s still far above me, but this song by Halifax Pier has me trying to sus out the notes. It’s beautiful, at least to me.

Here’s a blast from the past, one of my favourite songs, reminds me of my student days in the early 70’s and saw them on the university circuit when they were high in the charts.
Doubt Justin will get around to it so found the chords on UG, don’t look too onerous, only one barre chord, so going to give it a go.

2 Likes

Came across this a few days ago, very moving.

3 Likes

Spent an hour or so tinkering with some Fingerstlye Blues, so decided to chill out on the dark side for a few hours this afternoon, while it lashes it down and the wind howls
. :sunglasses:

3 Likes