What are you currently listening to? 2022

Present circumstances excepted but this break me down every time I hear it !

2 Likes

This is a great track and story, have had a go a (badly) playing this but love the vocals. One of my fav classicsšŸ‘

1 Like

This is probably where my interest in guitar started as a young kid and hearing a student that stayed with us play this. He taught me the basic chords and to this day I still listen and happily sing along to this.
We had the pleasure of seeing Ralph perform this live in Fremantle years ago and I still wear the signed t-shirt. A song close to my roots.:+1::+1::+1:
[https://youtu.be/urtnT72dVnw]

1 Like

This kid made me sit up and pay attention. What a unique, outsider voice. Iā€™m hooked.

4 Likes

Well what would normal folk be doing on Christmas Eve ? Now peeps know I am into The Who The Hu but I dropped on some interesting vocal lessons and who knows could feature a future AOVYP :wink:

So its Christmas (screamed Noddy) maybe checking out Mongolian Throat Singing lessons will raise the festive spirit.

Now copying the ā€œman on the mountainā€ piqued my interests and I found this recording that swung me back The Hu.

Mountain Guy Chingis Khaan

The Hu Chingis Khaan

Who is not up for a little diversity at this time of year ?

:sunglasses:

1 Like

He used to play with a busking band in Brighton called The Big Push - lots on YouTube, all very talented musicians, with a very eclectic playlist.

1 Like

Brother sent me this as he digs back into his CD collection. Another new name for me. Iā€™m not usually a lover of instrumental music, but the tone and atmosphere of this is exceptional.

Well itā€™s that time of year :christmas_tree:

I hardly ever listen to any specifically Christmas-themed music, so at this time of the year I try to put on something more laid-back and soothing.

David Crosbyā€™s If I Could Only Remember My Name is one of my favourite albums and this is one of my favourite songs off of it:

And hereā€™s an interesting demo from the same sessions. This song reminds me of While My Guitar Gently Weeps for some reason:

Long time fan of Tiny ruins but just found this gem of a recording of Bird in the Thyme.

Basic chords are, you can strum or pick, worth aplay
Am, Fmaj7 , C -Em - G

1 Like

That is awesome! Love the look of those guitars as well. Who is this?

Itā€™s Justin Johnson he has hundreds if not thousands of videos on his Youtube channel

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/@justinjohnsonlive

1 Like

Thank you. I will check them out.

Steve

Link in my reply above.

:+1:

He has sheet music to everything also plus some lessons, all good stuff

He was signed by Sony and then developed a horrific case of Lyme Disease. Thatā€™s why heā€™s dressed in hospital gear. He struggles every day, has already had stem cell treatment, which helped enough for him to make this music, but he didnā€™t ask to travel this road. My heart breaks for him.

2 Likes

Latest first time hearing moment, as always courtesy of my brother

Late night, dregs of the wine box but tripped up on the live version of Zombie circa 99 , with Dolores at her best (RIP). Nice to see her let the 335 rip !

4 Likes

No guitars here just Goosebumps ! :sunglasses:

4 Likes