What are you currently listening to? 2023

No guitar sounds to be found anywhere, I know, I know. Still… These guys are simply amazing :star_struck:

1 Like
1 Like

‘Change’

Sent to me by a good friend who is newly single. Beautiful song, hadn’t heard of the group before but going to check them out.

Some of the cool stuff
Tobias Hoffmann

I’ve been on a Santana kick recently, trying to play along to some of his songs and research these “token” Latin rhythms and melodies. I think these (the riffs, at least) will be the next ones to transcribe:

Hi Jozsef,
You might like to see this :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Some time ago when fumbling around I managed to play the first 8 notes of that song, without planning to do so :smiley: bit I didn’t go further than that.

I’ll check out Adi’s version later on. It’s a good song, but somehow the keyboard backing makes it a bit syrupy for my taste. But at least it’s not as cloying as Samba Pa Ti. (Yeah, I prefer Santana’s more tribal and jazzy side.)

Maybe we can use this as a tutorial? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Dropped on this crew yesterday and checked out a few more of their track. Dark, dirty and Blusey.

Daughter’s ears pricked in an “I likey” fashion and we spent the next 2 hours with the monitors cranked and her throwing some great new bands my way. I’ll share when I catch up as they are parked for now. Too much going on and playing me geetar ain’t one of them right now. But as I say family first. Look after you and yours. :sunglasses:

1 Like
1 Like

Here’s a couple of my favorites from totally different genres:

https://www.google.com/search?q=malaguena+michael+lucarelli&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&sca_esv=556076959&hl=en-us&sxsrf=AB5stBgHWh_Sg4TnQeFyKV4L5rt7nfb98Q:1691793027122&q=looking+in+the+eyes+of+love&tbm=vid&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiPz6iT1NWAAxWPOEQIHXmvDZAQ0pQJegQICBAB&biw=390&bih=617&dpr=3#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:600d446b,vid:X4bzzITY2o8

Both of these really appeal to different aspects of my musical soul… I love malagueña & aspire to play it well… Alison Krause has a voice that is amazing… this is my favorite song of many that I love by her. I recently discovered the duets she & Robert Plant do together… pretty cool stuff!

Tod

At this very moment I’m about 8 mins into Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd. But Overall this week I’ve been listening to a lot of Fleetwood Mac, 3 Doors Down, and Deftones.

Hope you enjoyed the last minute or so Ashari, assuming its the original “pronounced” album version. Great choice especially along with some early Fleetwood Mac.

Some good old bands there, so welcome to the Community. if you want to say hello and share a little more about you and your guitar, drop in here. In the meantime keep listening and rocking.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

My daughter recently introduced me to Pink Martini…
China Forbes has a wonderful vocal style…
https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&sca_esv=557478435&hl=en-us&sxsrf=AB5stBg-Pt0ll9XYpuv7IhaAcNs6aXjRvA:1692198687635&q=pink+martini+una+notte+a+napoli&tbm=vid&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj4nqmtu-GAAxWhPEQIHe4JA8YQ0pQJegQIChAB&biw=390&bih=661&dpr=3#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:5ca24aa1,vid:7qMYif4PeHI
They say that she’s fluent in English & French but sing in about 25 languages! What a talent!
I wonder if @SILVIA could critique her Italian for us… I always wonder when hearing someone singing in a language that’s not their native tongue, whether it is “genuine”! :joy:

Tod

1 Like

Ciao Tod :wave: in this song her italian is actually quite accurate, only…una notte a Napoli, a night in Naples, that is not that advisable given the crime rate there :speak_no_evil:… Capri, Portofino might be both romantic and safe as well :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

HaHaHa!
Thank you Silvia! I appreciate your assistance in find this out!

Although I think that in this American’s mind, a night in Naples sounds very romantic!!! I grew up listening to Dean Martin singing about it, as I recall there’s an old movie with Sophia Loren (aaaaahhhh) and now Pink Martini’s lovely version… my hopes have been dashed…… :smiling_face_with_tear:

Tod

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: … and so expensive, that any romantic feeling would disappear immediately!

1 Like

Andrea I suggest you stop at Santa Margherita Ligure with a backpack and buy some delicious Ligurian street food there, like Focaccia, and walk to Portofino from there; the promenade is wonderful and there are little beaches along the way for a very romantic pic-nic :joy::wink: Well, this is what honey and I can afford when we go there :grin::money_mouth_face::grin:

Sorry about that Todd! I guess the risk is in general with big cities, but there’s an objective corruption radicated from ages in the south of the country that :zipper_mouth_face: … Iike… :zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

Back to Music…a very accomplished artist from Naples that had a huge success in the past decades, if you like the genre…

1 Like

Some nice Solo bass vibes from my mentor!

3 Likes

Sylvia, I really love Liguria. We visited the „other“ side a few years ago, Genova to Sanremo. A lot of race biking along the coast. It was amazing. I would love to visit the other part of Liguria. Won‘t forget my backpack then…… :heart_eyes:

2 Likes