What are you currently listening to? 2023

Love this group. I follow their Sunday morning song of the week. :grin:
https://youtube.com/@ReinaDelCid

1 Like

Once last turn of the wheel and one more for the road.

Endangered Species - Full Album and a little more

2 Likes

@TheMadman_tobyjenner
Gimme back my Bullets is the ring tone on my phone.

1 Like

Cool. Love Endangered great paired down versions of some of their classics. Man its a sad day. Tried to play the Need You solo a few times and just choked on the lyrics that hit me but substitute mamma for Man :cry:

I woke up early this mornin’
And sun came shining down
And it found me wishin’ and a-hoping
Man, you could be around

Not anymore but the memories live on.

1 Like

The criminally underrated Albert King - Travelin’ Man.

Not only it is a great song, but also the solo that starts around 1:28 is one of the most beautiful blues solos I’ve heard.

4 Likes

Somehow I missed this one. Another great song from her.

Can’t beat a little AK and that’s a classic. Not underrated at all, you just have to be a certain age. :rofl:

1 Like

I meant that particular song rather than Albert King himself.

1 Like

Only dropped at then end of last week but good to see her releasing new material. :+1:

1 Like

It was well known back in the day you just had to be there :rofl:

1 Like

Ah fair enough, only started my blues journey last year or so.

1 Like

That was great. To me it had a little bit of an Albert Collins vibe to it. Though the Collins would be influenced by the King not the other way around.

1 Like

A really nice cover of Radiohead’s Creep, one of my favourites!

1 Like

I love random play, you just never know what is coming up next.
:grin:

This is awesome. Reminds me of a song I love from Disney movie ‘Onwards’. When Barley launches Guinevere into the mountain. :metal:

It’s quiet.
Too quiet. . .

Two more from Pat Metheny’s - What’s It All About

1 Like

Wow, just wow!
Not my usual thing but you can’t ignore talent like this!

2 Likes

great cover !

1 Like

This isn’t a song I’d really be listening to, but I was thinking about getting a Tommy Emmanuel CD after hearing him play Smells Like Teen Spirit with Mike Dawes so I was listening to him playing a few things on YouTube. I clicked on this one since I played it on piano many years ago. I was completely blown away by the emotion he put into a simple little melody line.

I know there’s a few TE fans in the Community, if anyone has a favorite CD to suggest let me know!

4 Likes
1 Like