What are you currently listening to? 2023

For the maximum cowbell version of Oh Well see this post. For added points, they do it in a live studio setting and are a duet, just guitar, and drums.
https://community.justinguitar.com/t/what-are-you-currently-listening-to/3935/932?u=richard_n

Just got a slide. omg.

Really need a guitar setup for it to make any progress, thick strings, high action.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure I have 2 slides lying about somewhere, but I donā€™t recall ever trying them out. I was thinking an inexpensive guitar with naturally higher action might be good for slide, but before I decide on anything Iā€™m going to try a couple beginner lessons and see how long it might take me to learn the basics.

@Mari63 What a sweet rendition, Mari. And in the version on Let It Bleed, titled Country Honk, Mick Taylor plays steel slide guitar. Do love the sound of the resonator. Mine stares longily at me from its wall-hanger ā€¦ one day ā€¦

1 Like

Purpleā€™s cover of the Cream classic, also from the Turning to Crime album

4 Likes

Hi Brian
Wow,nice start of the morning :sunglasses:ā€¦ What a video, just watched it together and we can already imagine that after 20 times you still see new things in the video again and againā€¦great
Greetingsā€¦

@DavidP after selling 3 guitars last fall I shouldnā€™t be surprised that GAS is creeping back in - a resonator would be perfect for learning this version!

1 Like

Latest from Samantha Fish just dropped and just after I ordered the pink stilettoes. :high_heel:

Parental Guidance (a little at the end maybe, so just in case peeps)

3 Likes

Open Mic T - 21 Hours.

Inspiration playlist :sunglasses:

Parental Guidance

2 Likes
2 Likes

Love the way Justin Johnson plays. Heā€™s got a nice little video on finger picking techniques.

1 Like

Itā€™s a whiskey night. Hubby introduced me to this song tonight, never knew it even existed.

Operatic Metal at its finest!

1 Like

Several things got thinking and I remembered this nice song by Stratovarius from about 20 years ago. I like the solo a lot, I might have a go at it soon.

Haiduk - Sea of Fire

1 Like

David Draiman has one of the best male voices in current music, in any genre.

Anyone who spent any time in a club in the late 90s should know this one. The Crystal Methodā€™s Canā€™t you Trip Like I do by Filter.

I always have these two songs on the same playlist.

And because itā€™s John Fruscianteā€™s birthday today.

I am currently listening to the latest song from Band-Maid. Itā€™s a thank you to all the fans that made their US tour at the end of last year so memorable for them.

They are also the main reason I picked the guitar up after nearly 20 years of giving up on it.

Memorable - Band-Maid

Last of a Dyinā€™ Breed - Full album

RIP Gary. The bands back together again :cry:

1 Like

After listening to The Last Rebel album this morning in the car, just had to dig out the live version of the title track. Gary giving the LP some well earned abuse and Ed producing one of my favourite slide solos. Glad the music will live on. :sunglasses:

1 Like