What are you currently listening to? 2023

New music from Pat Metheny, the album drops in June.

Linkin Park. Thoughts are bothering me, help me let them out.

“One Step Closer”

“Crawling”

1 Like

Take a certain Mr Pearce and a touch of The Allman Brothers and you get magic !

Someone posted recently what should they play on their acoustic. Well I’d just say, see the man !

Adam Pearce Music

Simples.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Watched and listened to Justin’s Mike Dawes video last night a couple of times. Wow.
Then I came across this little piece today. - These people are just on a total different level. It is so awesome to watch and listen. Also I get inspired by people like this. It’s just, wow, is that also possible on a guitar. Like Mike Dawes stated, that a guitar can do so much more than the static piano. More and more happy I went for a guitar and not a piano.

1 Like

Poor right-hand position. Needs to get the thumb out in front of the fingers.

2 Likes

Masters of Reality , Masters of Reality album but currently Kill the King track.

A really important band for music history (*stoner rock) but not very well known.

2 Likes

Grateful Dead - Estimated Prophet (Live at Barton Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 5/8/77)
Was introduced to this wonderful piece by a very good friend, some 35 years ago. Have been one of those songs I consider among the 500 of my all time favourites.

1 Like

Between Pavement and Stars by Five Iron Frenzy

Nothing like some good old foot stomping rock, first thing in the morning. Daughter just shared this with me, so it would be rude not to pass it on to these hallowed pages. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I seriously did not know that they did a second Pompei concert. Also, Gilmore’s voice hasn’t changed or if changed, then in a good way.

2 Likes

I came across Colin Benders and Kyteman Orchestra few years ago. Very interesting person and musicians. It’s really cool! :+1: Here is a short introduction to the jam session they had:

This video was shot during our rehearsals for The Jam Sessions. The idea was to do an entire tour with nothing but a sign language and trust in each others musical capabilities. chords, melodies and interactions are all decided upon on the spot.

2 Likes

Well after my daughter dropped me the John Wayne link, thought I’d do some more digging.
Always been partial to the odd whiskey. looks like I found a new blend :sunglasses:

1 Like

When the old blues brothers meet and have a little jam - Ben Harper and Charlie Musselwhite :+1: :sunglasses:

Geek out for an hour with Uncle Doug…

2 Likes

Damn. . .
Good stuff! Thanks for posting that!
:+1:

I’ve been revisiting Zappa’s Hot Rat Sessions

4 Likes

“Untamed” by BlackRain

I should have requested this on the main site the other day because I’ve been meaning to for months now, but I put another song in instead. I regret that. (;v;)

ETA: What am I talking about, I would have requested that song at some point anyway. Just means I screwed up my queue.

“Good And The Bad” – Dangerous Curves

(And for once a youtube ad is worth listening to? Black Smoke Trigger’s “Undertow”)

“Summertime Highs” by Dangerous Curves as well!:heart:

1 Like

Sorry to post three times in a row, but I HAD NO IDEA THIS HAD HAPPENED!

BlackRain covered “True Survivor”!

The original by David Hasselhoff:

xD I love it!

1 Like

It was all going swimmingly, then you posted the DH original. :scream: :scream_cat: :rofl: