What are you currently listening to? 2023

:rofl: I love a bit of extreme '80s cheese myself, but I get why others donā€™t. :joy_cat::rofl:

(ETA: how I missed the reply button to you @TheMadman_tobyjenner I do not know. :sweat:)

Milk 'n Blues - great sounding band from Brazil. Mostly play arrangements of mainstream music, very cool too, but have released an album or two. Worth a listen.
Hereā€™s one of the first I saw some time ago that got me interested. Cover of ā€œForget Youā€. Not a song Iā€™d usually gravitate to, but these guys swing it.

Cheers, Shane

2 Likes

ā€œWe Are The Othersā€ by Delain

Different from the album version, but nice!

Album version:

RIP Sophieā€

ā€œChanging Lanesā€ ā€“ Dangerous Curves

:sunglasses:

I havenā€™t listened to this album for years so it was time to revisit. Glad I found it.

I just finished binge-watching three seasons of Dark, a German sci-fi series on Netflix. I really enjoyed it, (although they dragged it out too long). Lots of questions about physics, free will, predestination etc. :smiley:
They obviously put a lot of thought into their soundtrack selection, which worked well.
This track from season 3 stuck in my ear and I had to seek it out
Once you get over the surprise of this voice come from a man, thereā€™s some tasty evocative picking and I love the content: The slaying of the Minotaur, being lost in the labyrinth etc.
Maybe Iā€™m just getting softā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

ā€œGive Me Loveā€ ā€“ Midnite City.

Well, the whole ā€˜There Goes The Neighbourhoodā€™ album, but yeah. :blush: Feels good to be listening to these guys again.

ETA: Adding this one coz itā€™s one of my favourites of theirs and just came on!:heartpulse:

ā€œLife Ainā€™t Like This On The Radioā€

bit of live PJ.

I dont know anyone who sounds like what she puts together, it shouldnā€™t work yet its so powerful

3 Likes

a special talent and always evolving, love her :heart_eyes:

1 Like

There is a Hungarian band called KispĆ”l Ć©s a Borz who were one of the most important ā€œalternativeā€ rock bands here in the 1990s and 2000s. They broke up in 2010 and the members worked on other projects afterwards, but theyā€™ve recently become active again and released a new album yesterday. This is the title track:

Iā€™ll go to their concert next Friday and I hope theyā€™ll play a few new tunes as well.

Full of cold and struggling to focus on playing. My Shure SRH44 headphones dropped off the desk and are now in the bin. Yep today has been a bit meh !! Then this OGWT set from 78 dropped into my YT feed. Nearly 10 minutes of The Vibrators. If that donā€™t get your blood pumping and your foot tapping, call the coroner.

Iā€™ve been listening to the Roger Waters solo album, Is This The Life We Really Want? quite a bit, lately. In my opinion, itā€™s his best solo album. I really enjoy his composition and his vocals. His voice is ageing, but heā€™s still ā€œgot it.ā€ As a lyricist I find him kind of half and half. Sometimes his lyrics are poignant and poetic, but sometimes they come across like political ranting, and I already hear too much of that, these days. Agree or disagree, it just gets tiresome.

Anyway, if you enjoy Roger Waters (or classic Pink Floyd, for that matter) definitely check this album out.

3 Likes

Nili Brosh // Song for Hope

Just released and not her usual high energy, tearing up the fretboad but quite exquisite. Looking forward of a video of her playing this. Late evening chill, all is cool. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

And as always with YouTubb one thing leads to another.

Thinking of @adi_mrok

3 Likes

Shoot on a roll, need to grab another nippy sweety. Love these girls.

1 Like

One for the madman

5 Likes

James got da Blooz !

1 Like

And for something a little different.

2 Likes

Love some Blackberry Smoke will come back to this.

Just revisiting my ā€œfrustratingā€ Skynyrd acoustic selection YT playlist. Thereā€™s 23 on this list and I only get to see 18. Keep swapping VPN location to hope to see what the missing 5 are. One day Iā€™ll find out, anyway good to see a Skynyrd First leading the list.

Oh and my OM XVI track is on this play list but beyond that no spoilers :rofl:

1 Like
3 Likes