What are you currently listening to? 2023

Nice Roger, thanks for sharing. I would not open when I first tried.

Very similar to TJ. I know they did songs together. I wonder if thatā€™s Tommy singing? Also sounds like Geno Vinelli!

Iā€™m having a bit of a Zappa night tonight. The audience must have had a great time at this concert.

2 Likes

He is notā€¦
But the list of added musicians is interesting and never occurred to me (or interested, because I just thought this IS Dire Straits :upside_down_face:) until one of the first musicians and a teacher and player of triads (a big name jazz player I think ) pointed this out to me (you-tube) when I started playing guitar 3 years agoā€¦

Additional musicians

Oh, you also luv Frank Zappa :sunglasses:
I have been looking for a concert for some years now, unable to find it.
As I remember, the son arranged a concert for his fathers (Frank Zappa) 50 years birthday. At least thatā€™s what I remember my friends told me. Also think we watched it live on TV, not 100% sure though.
Do you happen to know about this concert, is it still available?!
I have no doubt it was the son that arranged it and it was a gift to his father. Maybe after Frank Zappaā€™s passing. No sure about that though.
It was amazing live concert and I so much would like to hear it again. If any one knows, pleaseā€¦ that surely would make my day! :heart: :pray:

Hi Kim, search for Dweezel Zappa on YouTube and you will find loads of stuff. Saw him and band playing Hot Rats, the whole album, they were excellent!

1 Like

Thnx a lot Mal. :heart: :pray:

I did find something from your search words:

It does come very close, but donā€™t remember it as such. (Could be wrong, itā€™s 30 years or something ago). As I understand, this is the band of Dweezil Zappa giving a ā€œnormalā€ concert.?!

As I recall, many different musicians who had played with Frank Zappa, was on stage and gave their tribute to Frank Zappa. I could be totally wrong, but I am pretty sure Frank was still alive and he was not performing and now and then the camera shifted there!!! . Oh that memoryā€¦ and friends I lost contact with many years ago. oh well. This is still fantastic.!! :heart: :pray:

Those musicians who played with Frank Zappa, was some of the best of the best. He certainly didnā€™t just pick any to play with him. Yeah, what a Legend! :heart: :pray:

After Diggerā€™s latest two AOVYP posts I just had to pop over to the TCS youtube channel and revist their album All That Never Was. Just what you need for a Sunday evening.

Digger is a long time community member both here and on the old forum. He has provided some fantastic audible relief of the years, neatly stitched together with Katja beautiful vocals.
I hope by posting the full album, newer and unfamiliar members will be inspired to follow in Digger and Kathaā€™s footsteps.

https://www.youtube.com/@thecomfortablystrange

@Digger72 & Katja - thank you for sharing your journey with us !

:sunglasses:

6 Likes

Roger,
Thatā€™s quite an impressive list. Sir George Martin, nice!

I too researched the song after your post and did not see TJ White on the recording. I notice Vince Gill on your list. He is an artist I am going to listen to more closely. I did not realize he was with the Eagles now. There was a very good interview with him in Guitar Player magazine recently which has peaked my interest.

I am also going to listen to more of Mark Knopflers solo stuff. To be honest I appreciated his guitar playing but was never a big fan. The beauty of learning guitar and taking Justinā€™s courses is I am now rediscovering lots of old music and I now view it in a completely different light.

I went on Markā€™s web site and he does list TK White under the Affiliate sections. Thereā€™s a very nice write up about him on the site.

2 Likes

Listening to and watching the amazing footage of Pink Floyd June 28 1975 Hamilton Ontario Canada at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSXZMFq_Msk How incredible to get this nearly 48 years later, although the audio has been around for quite some time.

2 Likes

Been listening to early Genesis (when they were prog). Good stuff.

2 Likes

I canā€™t be alone with this. Itā€™s unworldly beautiful. At first I thought the thumbnail was Hozier. Subway acoustics are to die for.

2 Likes

ā€œLike A Stoneā€ by Audioslave

Havenā€™t listened to this in ages. Forgot how much I loved it. RIP Chris Cornell

5 Likes

One of those I have listened to a lot some years back. Not sure how known she really is among others, but for me itā€™s excellent music and the voice of Fiona Apple is just :kissing_heart: ā€¦ have a listen:

1 Like

We love The Hu Band here. Discovered them last year when we finally became able to stream music!

1 Like

Wow, cool. :sunglasses: Surprise for me to be honest, but a very good one indeed. I was doing a lot of exploration on music from that area and especially about throat-singing. Just luved the music from the very first beat when I discovered the Hu band. Also their videos are just so cool! The first I heard from them, was this: Come on peps, time to wake upā€¦ itā€™s just so awesome and intro is amazing. Really a cool band! :+1: :muscle: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Kim,
Keep posting , itā€™s very good music :sunglasses: and
it canā€™t come up too often for meā€¦but itā€™s been posted a few times before somewhere in this thread, ā€¦most were already awake :wink:
Greetingsā€¦

1 Like

Sorry, my bad. Havenā€™t looked through the whole thread. :blush:

Was referring to the intro of the video :wink:
Yes I noticed, people here are very bright and open-minded and very awake and also very skilled in many ways. Itā€™s an honour to be part of such wonderful community :heartbeat: :pray:

1 Like

laziness is a bad thingā€¦just spend the next month fulltime on this topic and youā€™ll be up to speedā€¦ :roll_eyes:
Even Toby doesnā€™t remember what he posted in his ā€œownā€ topic, or should I say ā€œof course Tobyā€ (Of course because of the amount of music he post and not the age of the Madman :innocent:)

Double posting is not a problem here in this thread and unavoidable :smile:
Greetingsā€¦

2 Likes

I admit. I am a very lazy bugger :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

Think I will use 3, my memory is not so good anymoreā€¦ :rofl: :joy: :rofl:
I will try to behave, else please remind me againā€¦the memory, you knowā€¦ :blush: :innocent: :rofl: :joy:

Thnx Roger, You are a cool bro! :sunglasses: :heart: :pray:

1 Like