What are you currently listening to? 2023

The band I’ve been following for a long while have finally decided to release a single prior to their European tour debut! It’s a bit different from them but obviously done to appeal to a wider audience!

2 Likes

This crossed my IG feed today and I swear I’ve listened to it at least a dozen times so far.
It’s a shame that Kevin Eubanks doesn’t get a lot more credit for his chops on the guitar.

The Dead South.

Some late night sanity. 20 minutes into this concert and seemed like a good share. Love YouTube analytics, it threw me this after traumatising me with “Amyl and the Sniffers”. I’ll offer no link but punks in Melbourne might want to Google. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Just before you hit the sack @TheMadman_tobyjenner

1 Like

After three cycles of my OM song practice my vox are shot, so some much needed lubrication courtesy of Pelforth and some good music. Quick scan through YT feeds threw this up

BBC: The Who - Complete

Now as this from 10 years ago, not quite “complete” as just Roger n Pete but still a great energy filled set. Not bad as back then they were around the age that I am now. Like I say.
Never Too Old To Rock n Roll. :metal:

@AndyEMaul re your whammy thread, just watch Townsend. Simples.

3 Likes

Windmills.
That’s what my practice routine is missing, windmills!

2 Likes

I’ve got this on repeat right now because it’s just…so good.

“Valhalla Calling” ft. thatbassvoice trio and iamserenabelle

This song was stuck in my head for days because of this post! :laughing: It looks like such an intriguing game! And it’s a lovely song to boot. :grinning:

’Lumi’ by Snail’s House

I’ve been on a Gong spree lately and bought Shamal and Gong est mort, vive Gong on vinyl about a week ago.

This is from Daevid Allen’s first solo album (not much different from Gong), the drumming is pretty good on this one:

This is a good listen, with some excellent bass and lead.

1 Like

Eloy’s 1977 album, Ocean.

Nothing new, something tried and trusted … and blue! Clapton Unplugged, and this one.

This katakana title says Stratocaster Seaside (Sutoratokyasutaa Shiisaido).

OK just run through the new Foo’s album ‘but here we are’ and… its not bad.

Need to give it another go or two, it all sounds classic late foos rocky but not hard out, nothing oddball going on. Some nice guitar and tones in there.

https://tidal.com/browse/album/297435781

I found out about Kevin Ayers by way of Soft Machine and Gong, and have been getting into his music recently. So far, I think Whatevershebrinswesing is his most consistent album, and the title track is a great choice to chill out to. Plus it has a quite soulful guitar solo by pre-Tubular Bells Mike Oldfield (he also played the bass):

This. Less than four weeks and I will see them live. Finally :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Iron Maiden concert last night, and they played «Hell on earth» from the Senjutsu album. A song i have not heard before. But it is so cool and went straight on my mind. Play it all the time now :rofl:

2 Likes

Nice :slightly_smiling_face: Hope you had so much fun :grinning: I’m heading to Hyvinkää Rockfest in a few hours, and I have sworn to myself that I am not going to take any videos. Pictures though… hmm, let’s see… :innocent:

Man, I would love to see them in person!

1 Like