What are you currently listening to? 2023

Wanted to share this rendition of Muse - Uprising. The MOST played piece of music on my phone.

R.

One day and then Iā€™ll finally get to see them live :smiley: I love the collaboration with LP in this version of the song; somehow I doubt however they would bring LP with them to Helsinki tomorrowā€¦

2 Likes

My favourite commercial of all times. Just cant stop watching it.

And who would know Brad Paisley could play like that? Clearly able to play more than Ā«cowboy chordsĀ» :rofl:

And Nuno Bettencourt, could he be one of the most underated guitar heroes?

3 Likes

A great unsigned band (by choice), with a gorgeous singer who has a fantastic voice!

1 Like

@JokuMuu, just to get you warmed up: I wasnā€™t there, but they played at Rock Werchter yesterday and apparently they set the house on fire. Youā€™ll have a great time :slight_smile:

Great news :smiley::smiley::smiley: I am so ready for tomorrow :smiley: And I donā€™t even care a bit that Iā€™ll have to be at work on Monday at 7:30ā€¦

Nuno is probably a modern version of Jeff Beck being your guitar heroā€™s guitar hero :smiley:.

Hereā€™s some Duff McKagan playing cowboy chords!

Ahā€¦ awsome song from Duff! Never heard it before. Thanks!

Feels like Nuno is never mentioned when there is a discussion about great guitarists. Maybe its just in my neck of the woods. But he is all the way up there among the other guitar heroesā€¦ liked the Jeff Beck comparrison :grin:

1 Like

I also only lately discovered him because heā€™s got under my radar too.
While learning guitar and thinking about what acoustic songs I want to try to learn I remembered ā€œMore than Wordsā€ but didnā€™t know the name or artist at the time. Then a few days later I saw an interview of Nuno with Rick Beato and I thought to myself, I guess he is my new ā€œguitar heroā€. Also seems like such a cool dude in the interviews.

I really enjoyed and listened a lot to this performance the last days:

1 Like

I listen to e v e r y t h i n g. . .
If you get to see them live, do it!

Listening to a band I was introduced to today called Slik Toxic! Guy at the record shop recommended them when he pulled out their CD to show me.

ā€œHelluvatimeā€

Back to the basics.
Is this the best Queen song ever?

Absolutely cream crackered after a busy day of laying carpets, cutting grass and getting the brakes sorted on the car and some early morning OM practice. So settled down to hit some muzik late evening and got an Adam Pearce click bait link on my YouTube feed. It was one Iā€™d seen before but always like AP so trolled/trawled (?) through his videos, as I normally go for his Southern Rock covers, Dropped on a couple of songs Iā€™ve done in the past, so cracked a beer or two, rocked back and hit play !

Then found a recent @jkahn Everlong cover

But yep had to go back down south and revisit an old favoutite.

1 Like

For some reason I got addicted to this oneā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My daughter who is up to her neck in the :poop: that passes as managing the day to day emergency response and resources of the UK health service in her region just pushed this my way. Wow.

And now with cans and V + 15 :wink:

:sunglasses:

Itā€™s a whiskey night after having our friend to dinner. We listen to stuff like this.

2 Likes

I love the title and the cover, Iā€™ll have to check it out once our little whiskey party is over. :smiley:

Good song!

1 Like

The video is funny as well, and the song is a bit of a party songšŸ˜ƒ Royal Republic are a Swedish band, I discovered them by accident when I was checking a festival lineup. I was surprised how good and versatile they are. So, hopefully your evening ended nicely and not on the notion that ā€œThis means warā€ (Royal Republic as well, and one of my dreamer songs ā€¦)

So now that itā€™s been made public I can post this, itā€™s the full private performance that The Warning came to the UK for during their performances opening for Muse at Plymouth, Milton Keynes, Huddersfield, Glasgow and at the Download festival. This was the concert that was crowdfunded by their UK supporters who tripled the requirements to come over here! They were so upset when Covid prevented them from coming over here but remained positive that they were going to come to see us. It was an amazing performance and we have a professional quality video and DVD to remember the occasion!
If you decide to watch it you may understand why so many of us from very diverse age groups and backgrounds like them so much, theyā€™re just so full of energy and passion for what they do!

3 Likes