What are you currently listening to? 2023

1 Like

Was revisiting Metallicaā€™s Turn The Page cover and this old gem popped up. Thank you Utube
!

https://youtu.be/F3WIHtOmkBg

3 Likes

The new Steve Lukather album has been getting a fair bit of play here lately.

Hear it all: :point_right: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpXkps1_QBCJtAIFgD94_XN4ek8yUeoSk

And speaking of YouTube dropping gems into oneā€™s homepage. . .

2 Likes

For the past week, every time I have a spare minute, Iā€™ve been checking out Reina del Cid. They have a huge youtube catalog including covers as well as their own original music. Part of what has me so captivated by their videos, is that they are usually shot with a single stationery camera so you can watch how they are playing their guitars. I find it to be a great learning opportunity to watch these talented players play in such a smooth and relaxed manner. Hereā€™s one of my favorites:

2 Likes

Classical music by Michael Lucarelli is pretty amazing! His locations & filmography are fun too!

Tod

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, Richard, that was a cool performance! :sunglasses: Kate Bushā€™s voice is so unique and gorgeous, despite how many times Iā€™ve heard this song, but to also have Gilmore playing guitar on it too was a real bonus, hadnā€™t seen that clip before. I must also say that the bass player has excellent taste in hair styles :rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharingšŸ™‚. What a beautiful version of a marvellous song.

My motto song today at work. For whomever working in the summer vacation season has been inventedā€¦ surely not for me. When at work, I want to work, not to refresh my emails over and over, hoping for something, anything to happen :grin:

This day will never end. So meanwhile I will just do thatā€¦ Scream :laughing:

2 Likes

Proof that you donā€™t always need lyrics.

The 80s had all kinds of big hair, metal, punk, and mullets, but the flock of seagulls will always rule them all!

If you can rock this, no one will ever question your tone!

1 Like

Impressed by the depth of blues knowledge and skills that Josh Smith demonstrates here:

Blood Ceremony recently released a new album, The Old Ways Remain, and Iā€™m listening to that. A couple samples:

Eugenie

The Bonfires at Belloc Coombe

Saturday evening beer and some good old SR.

Been trawling my Skynyrd catalogue and also diversifying towards some Rossington Collins for some songs that would supports a simple one man show approach. Added this to the list, as it has some absolute crackers that I could dumb down playing wise. After replying to a couple of posts on my after OM Footnote post, I wondered if the full albums was on YouTube.

Seek and ye shall find. Musical bliss. Heads up to @stitch enjoy my friend ! :wink:

1 Like

The Van Zant family has/had some great southern rock talent.
I must be getting old. I totally forgot Donny and 38 Special was one of my go to bands back in the day. If you havenā€™t check them out

Thanks for posting Toby. Iā€™m off the a jam so will listen the album later. To bad Ronnie could join his brothers on an album.

1 Like

You what !!!
Enjoy the jam Rick :sunglasses:

Vol 1 & 2 of Danny Kirwan and Peter Green playing alongside some of the legends of the Chicago blues scene.

Woke up this morning feeling like listening to something kitschy. Nice song nonetheless :slightly_smiling_face:

I came across her channel on youtube a few months ago and really like her videos. She recently changed her name into Elle Cordova, which is obviously her birth name, there is a video on YT about the reasons, but can still be found as Reina del Cid. Some beautiful covers and originals.

Hm, reminds me of a certain NZ metal head :partying_face:. Did you scalp him :see_no_evil:?

1 Like