What are you currently listening to? 2023

Canā€™t beat some down and dirty JJ ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

An excellent performance of two of their best songs live from the MTV WMA awards from The Warning, they were the only band to perform live that were not receiving an award and the only band that did the performance in one take!

And

Enjoy @TheMadman_tobyjenner :metal:t2:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Popped up on my YT feed last night, I was mesmerised! 5 minute Slash blues solo :boom:

3 Likes

Over the past 10-15 years, Iā€™ve built my personal collection of Slashā€™s live improvisations and this one is definitely one of the greatest ones from the Guns Nā€™ Roses reunion tour.

Hereā€™s another recent one (not the best solo from the 2022 tour, but currently not at my home computer to find the bookmar):

A fun fact (that I always share with anyone who mentions Slash and his improvisations):
Duff McKagan said in an interview that Slash goes into ā€œa different planeā€ during his solos and that he watches his foot to see when ā€œhe is backā€. Supposedly thereā€™s a minor movement change or something.

5 Likes

I canā€™t watch his hands and foot at the same time!! :wink:

2 Likes

Wow, that was indeed mesmerizing!

Okay. I apologize in advance for replying to an almost 2-year old comment. But Iā€™ve been enjoying listening to some resonator guitar lately, and then this comes up on the first page of this thread!

Come Together is one of my favorite Beatles songs. Itā€™s the second Beatles song I learned the bass line to.

This video does not help the joke I asked a friend today. Which was, ā€œDo I need to quit learning acoustic guitar and start on resonator instead?ā€ :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

JJ is such an incredible player, Im enjoying learning some of his arrangements and tunesā€¦

2 Likes

Lately, Iā€™ve been coming back to a lot of Roy Clark on guitar. Like this piece. He was some kind of amazing.

3 Likes

And whilst I am in here, its been a triphop kind of week

Massive Attack - Mezzanine

Morcheeba - Big Calm

Portishead - Roseland NYC live

Not the most guitary stuff but its all incredible music

4 Likes

Love Portishead :heart_eyes: Remember seeing their concert in Christchurch late 90ā€™s and Beth apologising for being so hungover after the Auckland gig the night before :joy: She was still amazing though :star_struck:

P.S. what a fantastic way to spend my lunch break going through the past 10 days of shares above, some awesome tracks, stories and new discoveries for me, keep emā€™ coming peeps! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yeah its a great thread for that.

Saw Beth in Liverpool many years ago along with BRMC, what a gig! Small uni venue

1 Like

Portishead!
:sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

Crikey Rob, some blinders from my university days, all fabulous tunes!

1 Like
1 Like

@Notter Thanks for the Slash share, Mark.

@glpguitar Great follow up Luka, Myles Kennedy is so good.

2 Likes

Apparently, one of the last electric Hot Tuna shows:

This was just served up to me by the YT algorithm. I am sufficiently impressed.

1 Like

Anyone listened to the new Stones album Hackney Diamonds? I would highly recommend doing so, itā€™s a great album without any fillers and the proof their signature sound is still relevant in 2023. The album features some interesting appearances, with Elton John, Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder and Bill Wyman being the most prominent ones.

1 Like