What are you currently listening to? 2023

One for @DarrellW :wink:

2 Likes

You know every time you edit your post you interrupt my gothic Christmas carol?

1 Like

I’m done…for now, albums out on the 10th :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you YT bots !

1 Like

Just got a load of verbal from me daughter sending xmas toons in November :rofl:

They are so much fun

1 Like

So I quess I don’t hzve to them.

1 Like

They were mentioned on this forum a few times already, but it won’t hurt anyone if I do it again. So, here’s Larkin Poe. I finished listening to their last album yesterday and oh my, they’re absolutely incredible. All their original stuff is great and they also make fantastic covers on their YT channel.

3 Likes

I’ve a full live concert queued up in YT for when I have a spare 90 minutes,

Sadly video is unavailable.

Sorted !

1 Like

After a session prepping for the OM, I am enjoy the Poe’s live gig. Great Jessica cover at 15:28.
Short but sweet. :sunglasses:

1 Like
1 Like

More Jon Boden - this time with Bellowhead :slightly_smiling_face:. I’ll stop now…

1 Like

I still owe this post a reply (with a massive delay):
The entire Alter Bridge universe family tree has some of the greatest musicianship of modern rock/metal genre. You have 7 Alter Bridge albums, 5 Tremonti and 2 Myles Kennedy solo records, 4 (+2 songs from the first album) Slash feat. Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators albums and most recently 2 Mark Tremonti Sings Frank Sinatra albums. If you want to go even further back, there’s two Mayfield Four albums (Myles’s old band) and you might be able to find some Citizen Swing recordings online as well.

And to continue my track record of anecdotes:
Myles Kennedy was “hired” just as an Alter Bridge singer and when they were recording the first album, he was staying at Mark’s house. So one day Mark heard some hardcore jazz coming from Myles’s room and stopped by to see what music he’s listening to and found out it was actually Myles playing. That’s the moment when Myles became the guitarist in the band as well.

Both Slash and Mark commented on multiple occasions that Myles is way better guitarist than them.

I won’t post the link to the most recent Tremonti sings Sinatra release because it’s too early for Christmas songs, but here’s the video describing his relationship with Sinatra band:

2 Likes

Justin (the other one) and a maton, always a cracking pair

2 Likes

Oooh… I like the subtle drum beat he throws in there. That’s something to work on.

1 Like