What are you currently listening to? 2023

The new Rolling Stones album over and over and over and then Now and then one in a while. But mostly The Stoned

1 Like

Proof that music keeps you young. Tommy is 70!

Here is the full episode: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLINSQGXREtvcPFDvw_vLiZo5YXDscmflu

I love Daryl’s House loads a great music and musicians

1 Like

Thank you! I recently rewatched one of my favorite movies About Time for the 4th time, I guess, finally searched for the song played in one of the scenes and it was performed by Jon Boden with two other musicians. So I noted his name to give aisten layer and here’s your post. I have to say that I’m a fan now and this song as well as performance is absolutely amazing!

1 Like

Wow! He’s also playing the violin. I must listen to him more now.

1 Like

Make mine a Single Malt…

1 Like

Kicked back to that earlier. Looks all based around E blues? Will have to have ago at some of the licks later.

1 Like

One thing leads to another :wink:

1 Like

I’ve been having a listen to the new stones album along with Chris Stapletons new album.
Enjoying both of them.
I’m a fairly new fan of Neil young but gutted that I can’t listen to him anymore on Spotify as I’ve usually got a Bluetooth speaker connected to my phone to listen.

PJ sounding great, and some interesting playing

4 Likes

When legends come together

Doing my homework (“listen to Blues as much as you can”)

3 Likes

Thanks for that would have missed it, PJ is such a talent

2 Likes

Reliving some fond ( and not so fond) memories with a revival of the great Lou Reed.

Cheers, Shane

3 Likes

I went to Berlin in early November and picked up his album Berlin at a record store (new vinyl pressing, remastering overseen by Lou). It sounds fabulous and the whole package with the booklet is quite nice.

I’ve just been getting familiar with his solo work and his first 3 solo albums all come up regularly on my playlist. Satellite of Love is pretty fun to play along with and I got the hook for Berlin (from his debut) after two attempts.

I’ve been getting into The Velvet Underground as well, although I find their 3rd and 4th albums somewhat patchy. These are the VU songs that I tend to listen to a lot:

2 Likes
1 Like

1977 Vintage Acker Dacker

1 Like

I bought Jim Moray’s new album yesterday and I’m obsessing on this fabulous track. Thought I’d share it in case anyone else is of a folky nature… :slightly_smiling_face:

also found a cool little tab run through for this here, so I’ll have aplay with this mebe with a looper later.

New music to me, courtesy of the YT algorithm.
Do not look directly at the shorts! :grin: