What are you currently listening to? 2023

2 Likes

Iā€™ve tickets to see Molly with Tommy Emmanuel in January :smiley:
I wonder is a no-toking venue? :thinking: :rofl:

Youtube pushed this at me today, Paul Simon, live on a talk show showing a master class in playing and singing, so many cute touches including fixing the capo early on

2 Likes

One of my favorite bands, MxPx, put out a new album a couple months ago. So, Iā€™ve listened to it quite a few times. This is my favorite song on the album. :star_struck:

1 Like

Interesting insight into Everlong, how it was created and where Dave was mentally.

Also him being ā€˜not a trained guitaristā€™ not knowing what the chords are, and treating the guitar like a drum kit

1 Like

This has been on rotation for some time now in this house. Itā€™s currently hitting the speakers again having failed to get tickets for their recent show in Nottingham.

Perfect guitar tone for me and a solo that I really must try to figure outā€¦

I love the guitarist on Plants solo stuff. I believe his name is Robbie Blunt.

Iā€™ve been listening to a lot of Neosoul this year. Iā€™m just discovering this band and they are coming back this year.

New Tori Amos by way of Trevor Horn.

The Friday before this concert, I was watching and listening to them live at Manchester. Then on the Saturday I saw Samantha Fish & Jesse Dayton touring their new album!

4 Likes

man this is a hard watch :confused:

4 Likes

Taking a well earned break for Festive Open Mic rehearsals and needed a distraction.
JJ will do nicely :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Following this up with

2 Likes

Bit heavier than his normal!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been revisiting the Alice in Chains MTV Unplugged album to see if I can wrap my head around the strumming of Nutshell which is my work in progress song:

1 Like

Nice Toby, thanks for sharing that. Never heard him before, thatā€™s some seriously funky rockinā€™ blues there :heart_eyes:

1 Like

ooh there goes another one. its a deep twangy hole youā€™ll fall into there!

2 Likes

Probably better known for his acoustic blues but it was good to see him taking a heavier direction on this. Looking forward to what else is on the new album.

Iā€™ll open up the :rabbit2: :hole: for you, have fun.

https://www.youtube.com/@justinjohnsonlive

1 Like

What better way to celebrate Shane McGowanā€™s passing than by listening to another dead Irishman pay tribute to his dead idol? :pray: (Some tasty fretwork by Mark Knopfler to boot)
Iā€™m off to buy a bottle of wine and a bottle of ginā€¦ :wink:

4 Likes

Why didnā€™t anyone tell that Madness was still recording?