What are you currently listening to? 2023

Pretty cool version with a lot of talented artists from around the world involved.

5 Likes

I canā€™t get over him. He gives me hope, which not much music these days, even the stuff I love, does. Watched a few reaction videos. People just drop the act and feel it too.

Not a DMB fan at all, but my GF was obsessed and made me to to the shows. If nothing else, introduced me to Tim Reynolds - watching and listening to him play guitar, you swear he had 3 hands doing what he was doing. AMAZING.

OH yeahā€¦and what a story that goes with this manā€¦Good Post!

Tonight itā€™s Blues with a twist.
Ry Cooder & V. M. Bhatt - Ganges Delta Blues

4 Likes

One of my favorite albums ever. I canā€™t even begin to imagine how I would play that song solo, but maybe some day I will.

The way that the lyrics are intertwined with the music in that song are simply amazing.

Iā€™d add the following as some of my
favorites:

ā€œBut ripples on the sweet pink water reveal some company unthought ofā€

ā€œMuted melodies fill the echoing hall,
But there is no sign of warning in the Sirens callā€

and at the endā€¦

ā€œLooking behind me, the water turns icy blue,
The lights are dimmed and once again the stage is set for youā€

Thanks for reminding me about this album. I guess I know what Iā€™m doing with the rest of my evening.

1 Like

Never too oldā€¦

3 Likes

An early 70s classic.

I think safe to say, Gram Parsons contributed to the writing of this song with the Stones when he was part of the inner circle. Some speculate that actually he wrote it and gave it to the Stones because he wasnā€™t fussed about song-writing credits etc. Either way, a stellar version ā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m in a bit of a prog mood tonight I think, it started with Jethro Tull and is wrapping up with some Tool.

Lining up future songs and just seen a couple of lessons of one of my favourite running playlist songs. Been a while since I watched the official video and had forgotten Lemmyā€™s role as the truck driver. Worth a listen just for that. Good old fashioned down and dirty Aussie rock. :metal:

3 Likes

Iā€™m listening to an assortment right nowā€¦makes it hard to choose which to post! Maybe theseā€™ll give a feel for what Iā€™m listening to:

ā€œGive Me Loveā€ Midnite City

ā€œI Need Lovinā€™ā€ Dangerous Curves

ā€œHellfireā€ BlackRain

ā€¦wow, my browser froze twice during this. Iā€™m tempted to post more, but that would be waaay more by this point. (>.<;)

1 Like

2 great Floyd albums in a row. The sound of this bootleg is quite awesome, makes me wish I was there in person.

1 Like

Todayā€™s music is brought to you by the Letter ā€œC,ā€ and the fact that I sorted my playlist alphabetically. The two Charlies, Jazz Charlie & Folk Charlie. . .

Charlie Hunter

Charlie Parr

BlackRain right now! Hereā€™s ā€œKiss The Skyā€. :sunglasses:

1 Like

How was this released only last december? Janis Joplin & Jorma Kaukonen (of Jefferson Airplane fame) in a home recorded acoustic blues session

7 Likes

Good find there Rob, Iā€™ve followed them for a few months now and thought they had got something, guess what? Wet Leg got two Grammy awards, one for Chaise longue and one for the album!

yeah I heard about that well deserved tbh they know how to write fun earworms

1 Like

I think the other thing is the contrast between the two girls, one who is quite obviously very outgoing and the other who is quite shy and quiet, itā€™s such an interesting mix!

1 Like

ā€œOutlaws And Outsiders feat. Ivan Moody, Travis Tritt, Mick Marsā€ Cory Marks

ā€œItā€™s A Great Day To Be Aliveā€ Travis Tritt

Was one of my favourites as a kid. :blush:

Wishing I could post some Garth Brooks Iā€™ve been listening to, but heā€™s not got anything official on YouTube I can share here, apparently. ā€œThe Riverā€ and ā€œIn Lonesome Doveā€ always give me shivers when I listen to them.

loving this.