What are you currently listening to? 2023

3 Likes
5 Likes

wow that takes me back, nice duet

1 Like

The Beautiful South were ace :smiley:
Quite a Bacharach-y feel to this arrangement too

1 Like

Have not heard this for ever! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

It’s a good one! Funny enough, the main reason that I know this song is Windows 95. I was a young kid, and computer nerd, when Windows 95 came out, and this music video was included on the CD to demonstrate the video and audio capabilities of this revolutionary new operating system. Being as into computers as I was, of course I found all of the hidden features on the disc, including this video. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Win 95 and the blue screen is a long time ago, on Win 11 now! I had forgotten where the song was from, but that must be where I know it from. Cool vid.

3 Likes

I love The Beautiful South. Their version of Harry Nilsson’s Everybody’s talking is one of my all time favourites :green_heart:

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m not sure what it is about Fridays and prog rock but this is a classic that everyone should know.
I can’t imagine what Greg Lake’s fingers felt like playing an octave bass in winter in Montreal.

Thoughts of prog rock and bass, for me, always end here. Always.
Les Claypool is the final word.

3 Likes

I was looking for a good example of Les playing his Whamola but they are all grainy live shows or poor audio quality, but, if you’ve never heard a whamola before, spare two minutes for this. One string btw.

Not Les Claypool

2 Likes

Now that’s a cracking bass tone, love it!
Never heard of a Whamola, must investigate :joy:

1 Like

Tatiana at her best, she just gets better and better!

Diana Ankudinova, she’s a Contralto, the deepest female voice. I think she’s amazing!

Ted Poley!:heart::heart::heart:

Here’s “Stars”!

It’s a cover night here in Victoria.

How do you make a cover even better? Make it a medley!

1 Like

Okay, one more that is just too good to leave out.

…I prefer some of her other songs, but wow this video. :open_mouth: And there’s a sax solo!

“Love Gone Wild” Chez Kane

One of my favourites by her is “Rocket On The Radio”:

“Untamed” BlackRain

ok so what the hek is this. Is there a new kind of human generic experiment gone guitar?

4 Likes

A classic!

1 Like