What are you currently listening to? 2023

Love this song and still pertinent, unfortunately.

Mal @Malz
Totally agree.
Saw him perform this in the early 70’s in Guildford.
I think just about the time the single version came out.

Furch! :drooling_face: :+1:

Joanne Shaw Taylor - UK born blues guitarist/singer, worth a listen

3 Likes

“It’s A Great Day To Be Alive” Travis Tritt

Might watch one of Will Darling’s videos after this… (music production stuff):musical_note:

When it’s February 14th I’ve always been thinking about this song for many many years :laughing:, and I’ve laughed hard about this together with my wife in the past when i bought the CD and I announced this song with “special for valentine”…it is a day I’ve never celebrated in my life …simply because I have no secret/(unanswered ?) love.

The only annoying thing is that my door is blocked with all those bags full of letters now :roll_eyes:

Greetings…

1 Like

Cobra Spell, one of my pen friends plays the red Tele shape guitar, Noelle is a sweetheart!
Sonia the lead guitarist used to play with Burning Witches.
They’ve just signed to Napalm records, which is great news for them!

2 Likes

All the way back to the 1980s tonight, the home of big hair and even bigger guitar tone.

Imatation yada yada yada. . .

2 Likes

Been listening to alot of Syd Barret and early Pink Floyd stuff lately

3 Likes

Graaah laptop trackpad, why do you keep causing me issues? That wasn’t supposed to be deleted. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Vid again:

(“I Really Wanna Stay At Your House” from the Cyberpunk 2077 video game and Cyberpunk Edgerunners Netflix series.)

1 Like

Billy, before Billy was Billy.

Molly’s picking hand is absolutely mesmerizing. Even if you’re not a Bluegrass listener, Molly is worth watching.

3 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

That was rad, Darrell! They’ve definitely got that old school NWOBHM vibe, love it! :metal:

1 Like

Enjoying this Rob. Some great piano on the track you shared!

2 Likes

When one of your favourite bands that you thought had disbanded unexpectedly drops a new album :smiley:

Rob was so right, just enjoyed this playlist off Joanne Shaw Taylor’s YT channel:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsTpECUDa_fYbGCRe3x8yg5nMX-eDaefe

1 Like

I honestly dont remember this happening…

4 Likes

A lazy Sunday here in Victoria was spent listening to the hauntingly John-like voice of Sean Lennon and wondering what a new Beatles album might sound like.

Full playlist here :point_right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZOHWyfgZdY&list=OLAK5uy_lN_DnD19gOuG1u455vxAnjcN7P8UXDUqc

“Toxic” by Britney Spears, covered on a mandolin and double bass by Jacky Bastek and Julia Hofer, respectively.

1 Like