What are you currently listening to? 2024

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Iā€™m glad it snuck into your feed! I will make everyone into a Hives fan eventually :wink: :laughing:

The Hives are one of my absolute favorite bands and they are a huge musical influence for me. Plus, I really admire their stage presence/live show. If you thought of me and Dan, thatā€™s a good sign :wink:

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner full marks for Bill Bailey shares!!

A little shakey this morning, I mean Shakey, though recovering from a wicked respiratory infection thatā€™s been lurking 10 days now and counting)

2 Likes

Enjoying a musical morning. After enjoying a Deep Purple cover of the classic Peter Greenā€™s Fleetwood Mac tune Oh Well! I decided to listen to the entire album on which it was released.

Turning to Crime is Purpleā€™s 22nd studio album released in 2021. For the more youthful here, unlike the other two members of The Unholy Trinity Purpleā€™s membership has changed regularly since they first formed in the late 60s. But what has been generally consistent from the beginning is the quality of the musicianā€™s that became members. As this is a guitar site, Blackmore, Bolin, Satriani (briefly), Morse and now McBride.

This album is good old fashioned rock n roll, a little bluesy, some swing. No orginal songs on this one but listening to a band that rocks, grooves and swings like Purple is totally worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQfEQixi55OUQmQ-CE2x-hNN29Oo8-Irp

2 Likes

Agree with him or not, Roger Waters can definitely put on a show:

1 Like

The new Pearl Jam album, pretty decent!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve finally listened to Grace, Jeff Buckleyā€™s only studio album. And Iā€™d love to tell you my thoughts, but Iā€™m speechless and donā€™t know the words to describe it. So if you havenā€™t listened to it, take an hour and do so.
Iā€™m just wondering how many fantastic records werenā€™t recorded, sadly.

1 Like

And The Warning released new video!

2 Likes

The new album is good. There are a few songs I would love to play

1 Like

Listened to the entire album of Peter Gabrielā€™s masterpiece I/O in the wee hours. One of my favorite tracks (although every one is amazing):

3 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s great!

1 Like
1 Like

The hubby and I are really enjoying this concert tonight.

ETA: This one was recorded quite professionally, a lot of the you tubes Iā€™ve seen of her before arenā€™t always that great in the sound department.

4 Likes
1 Like

Deep Purple, the greatest hard rock band ever, released the first single from their upcoming album and itā€™s great.
Instrumentally itā€™s flawless, Simon McBride fits the band really well. And Mr. Gillan sounds really good here too, while not being the same singer he was in his early days, he has found the style that suits him well.

A bit of fun from my favourite band, itā€™s a bit of a dark satire in the typical style of the Mexican TV soaps.

The wink and the Pepsi are to do with their association with Pepsi Mexico, theyā€™re part of their advertising campaign.

1 Like

Getting into some Dirty Honey rn very classic 70s rock but new

I thought it would be a great song to play. Just had a look on JustinTabs and it is already on it.

They are a great band Rob, on my Follow list on Spotify for a while, Discovered some great new rock band recently, Blues Rock, Southern Rock and Country Rock mainly. Must drop some YT vids to share the luv !
:sunglasses:

1 Like