What are you currently listening to? 2024

So first video is not available in some regions but a great collage of old films, here is the audio version for those that can’t seen it above.

For good measure another from the Canadian rockers

Gobsmacked. This may have ruined Dumb and Dumber for me.
:exploding_head:

3 Likes

Another nice singing spot by good ol’ Jeff

1 Like

A ‘new’ release from Ayreon is always welcome. This is a recording from what was obviously a spectacular series of live shows last year. Full album on Bandcamp (my preference anyway!).

I’ve been listening to a podcast, ‘A history of Rock Music in 500 songs’, an attempt to describe the evolution of the genre, what earlier styles it incorporated, where the backbeat and shuffle came from, the key performers and producers etc. Quite fascinating really! And a good way to spend my commute time doing something (vaguely) JG related.

(Moved from prior post to the wrong thread)

1 Like

Well…

Being a newbie on here I feel I should post something esoteric and meaningful with immaculate guitar work and technical excellence, but the truth is, at the moment, I have been listening to The Hives :astonished: :laughing:

I saw them at Reading festival in 2014, they’re a great live band, I read an article about them in the news recently so dug out a few YouTube clips of them.

Apologies to anyone with sensitive ears or good musical taste, this is gonna get messy :joy:

The lead guitarist personifies the saying ‘do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life!’ And yes, anyone can play that riff!

Happy weekend everyone!

3 Likes

Don’t worry Steve, we have a resident Hives fan here on the forum, @Jenndye429 will be delighted with your post !
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Just found this guy!!! Pretty darn good!!!

Tod

Then I don’t have one. But with such music I shouldn’t even care about it.

1 Like

I’v seen his name mentioned a couple of times on this forum, but never listened to any of his music (shame on me, I know). Thought it was time to check him out since it was announced he will be supporting act for Springsteen in July. Looks like I’m in for some serious fun :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Something just breaking in the news made me think of this.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I’m loving me some old 10CC.

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes

@Jamolay :smiley:

2 Likes
2 Likes

An updated version might be due soon

1 Like
3 Likes