What are you currently listening to? 2024

:astonished:

1 Like

After a lackluster May Iā€™m trying to find some music to raise my spirits

2 Likes

Feels like the new album will be great, because so far Iā€™m loving it a lot.

2 Likes

I was looking for something less sophisticated but with a good amount of fuzz and upfront bass, so I gave Grand Funk Railroad shot. Why havenā€™t I done this earlier?

1 Like

Well

Iā€™ve recently ordered Rainbow Live in MĆ¼nich, Mr Big Back to Budokan and Black Country Communion Live over Europe.

I also started to listen to Folk Metal while coding (always liked strong stuff writing code, I suppose it isolates me from th world).

I youtubed Hellfest 2023 and discovered nice bands !

Iā€™m feeling aging and not getting any softer !

1 Like

Bit of a nostalgia trip for me, my favourite guitarist ever (RIP) and my favourite Bassist on the same song and concert!

Not the best Myles Kennedy song there is (far from it to be honest), but honestly, I havenā€™t seen such a funny music video in a long long time!

6 Likes

Just came here to post it as well. Yes, the video is great, but the song is really good too. Itā€™s a simple rock&roll and some songs have to be like that. Not every single one can be a masterpiece like The Ides of March and itā€™s for the better in my opinion.

Thatā€™s fair, thanks for the reminder.

I think I got spoiled with most of Myles/Alter Bridge output over the years where 75% of their music was just a bunch of masterpieces. Setting the bar higher and higher with each album and then one of them releases ā€œjustā€ a good song and I get all annoyed!

1 Like
2 Likes

This deserves a listen! ah wow no more my hands are too big lines in here.

2 Likes

Something more peaceful and some really neat guitar aaccompaniment.

Brian

2 Likes

The Girl from Ipanema is largely regarded as the most recorded song in history; I really love this version, Martina DeSilva has an enchanting voice.

2 Likes

YouTube just threw this at me. Thereā€™s a nice jam at the end, but the discussion is pretty fascinating. If all advertisements were so cleverā€¦

Perhaps the best song about all of us: players, listeners, hopers, dreamers

Brian

Definitely worth a listen and also some Licks to check out ā€¦ :sunglasses: and so I also play along a little in my way with thisā€¦

Oh I would give my right foot to be able to play this well :roll_eyes: :smile:ā€¦ (it has already been posted before this song but that was in another year :blush:)ā€¦

4 Likes