What are you currently listening to? 2024

Looking forward to this one. The few releases I have heard are great.

I am trying to listen to more jazz, since I am finding it fun to try (I use the word purposefully) to play. Love John Scofield and Vince Gauraldi so far in my listening.

2 Likes

New album dropped Yesterday, the community who supports them has gone wild! Reviews are coming in from all over the world thick and fast - itā€™s mega encouraging!

4 Likes

Pat Metheny is one of my all-time favorite guitar players since hearing this way back in the 80s when I was a long-haired, head-banging teenager.

Listening to it right now. And thereā€™s not much to say, itā€™s simply great, great record. The only sad thing is that now we have to wait a couple of years for the next album. And I wish there was at least a couple of proper solos.

1 Like

They donā€™t really do ā€˜proper solosā€™, itā€™s not because Dany canā€™t shred itā€™s more to do with their songwriting style, they donā€™t see it fit for any of them to outshine the other two. I think as far a Rock bands are concerned theyā€™re a bit of a Unicorn, I donā€™t really think you can box them in any current genre and I think thatā€™s the greatest attraction about them.
If you want to hear Dany at her best their final cover was of Atlas rise - Metallica in 2019 at the Whiskey a gogo, itā€™s :fire:

1 Like

This weekend is my (not so) guilty pleasure ā€¦ listening to as much footage of Glastonbury as I can. This year in particular itā€™s giving me a break from 2 or 3 weeks of nothing but Blues (not a bad thing, but itā€™s good to refresh the palate so to speak).

Every year I find a bunch of new music, thereā€™s such an eclectic mix. Yesterday it varied from contemporary Irish folk band The Mary Wallopers to Afro Beats singer Ayra Starr with a bit of Cindi Lauper thrown in (Cindi had a bit of a nightmare with her IEMs I think!)

1 Like

I know, but I still hope to hear more lead playing from Dany one day. On Error there was a couple of short solos. And yes, that performance of Atlas, Rise! is amazing.

1 Like

Finally got around to adding this to Spotify, as been neck deep in the Blues for the last month ! If Six Feet Deep is anything to go by, Iā€™ll be pushing through album in the coming days. Always impressed by this crew !

Oh Sick has just started, oh yeah gonna luv this for sure. :+1:

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Oh well nowt on TV and up to date with forum posts, so I just let it roll.

Cracking album, solos or not, their usual high octane output. Sunday evenings with a cool beer of three was made for this. Canā€™t wait for the live tour to see the album in the flesh. Always put on a good show.
Thanks for the share Daz,

:sunglasses:

1 Like

So are you gonna see them live? If so you will definitely not be disappointed, Iā€™ve seen them live twice now, and going to see them again next month! Canā€™t wait, itā€™s gonna be the new album stuff this time - on Automatic Sun Dany is playing a Baritone tuned down to drop A and AlĆ©ā€™s bass has the low B dropped down to A; that song is :fire:

Sadly no Iā€™ll have to wait for the YouTube sessions but always good to watch !

1 Like

Thereā€™s a couple of live sessions on their YouTube channel, at the Jimmy Kimel show where they had the album release party!

Enjoy!

1 Like

Stop that !! You are dragging me away from my Blimming !! :scream:

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::grinning::smiley::smile::grin::laughing::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Iceland Rocks! The drummer here, is also the drummer Amiina use. He is really good!!!. :star_struck:

Here it is ADHD - Merkilegt (Live on KEXP) - Notice the guitarist making some cool stuff with the tuner!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Mindy Smith - a superb song with a lovely accompaniment. Voice and guitar does it all.

3 Likes

ā€¦ and Playing at the same time

Groot Hart Chords by De Dijk

Iā€™ve only found out about this guy a few days ago. His sound and looks give me a heavy Bootsy Collins / somewhat Zappaesque vibe. Heā€™ll have a concert here in Budapest in December which I might attend.

1 Like

Thanks to the Andertons YT channel video, The Captain Meets Zach Person, Iā€™m currently listening to this.