What are you currently listening to? 2024

Through the magic of reddit I stumbled on this, ok it has 140 million views but its new to me

2 Likes

Saw a clip of this guy on reddit myself just today, surprising a busker in Brissy by happening to be there while she was singing his song. He joined her for a bit, and he sounds fantastic live and forgetting the lyrics. Great voice!

1 Like

Yeah , not sure if that was genuine or not but it worked if it was marketing!

1 Like
6 Likes

Kingfish is a genius…

:slight_smile:
Listening to a Supro ad

brings tears to my eyes.

Some straight up great guitar playing and some beautiful singing.

Sorry, appears ya gotta rewind it to the beginning.

1 Like

One of my favourite singer / songwriters, Courtney Marie Andrews: another wonderful example of the power of guitar and voice.

Brian

2 Likes

Today marks the 80th anniversary of the failure of Operation Valkyrie and there is quite a bit of attention for that here, I always think of the music of Apocalypse Now ‘Walkyurenritt (Ride of the Valkyries)’ and listening to this performance seemed more appropriate to me/ applicable to a guitar forum :sunglasses:

1 Like

ohhh this was so beautiful!!

This was gorgeous too. Love getting new music to be a fan of!

Deep Purple released =1, their latest album andI had to turn off blues playlist to listen to it. So what can I say, it’s great! Not the same DP from the 70s, but they’re a different band for a long time already. And do they sound amazing, everything, every instrument is absolutely brilliant.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_maus3Up1ggrDWywHZqcFubQrGJt11xqFg&si=nw_YLpk4yCwonyzu

1 Like

Saved for tomorrow, Thx ! :sunglasses:

More of Tal, you can always tell when she’s having fun, her head bobs and we see her guitar faces in full flight :laughing:. She’s got a great trio of musicians here to play with, her Bass solo is DOPE!

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes

Note to myself…go buy a slide…!!!

The new Jack White album. He was giving this away for free on release day, if you bought anything in one of his stores you got a free copy on vinyl.

The blues thing started early this morning, the first tunes are played now and now we have a break with this one, not perfect in terms of playing and sound, but that’s the charm for me today :smiley:

1 Like

After hearing @rorystrat working on Autumn Leaves I was reminded of Ike Isaacs and found this on YouTube, the very record used to play when I was a kid, before Night at the Opea and Made in Japan came into the house :joy:

1 Like