What are you currently listening to? 2024

One of the most beautiful, appealing and emotive voices. Really good accompaniment: Nanci’s fingerpicking is great as are all the band members,

Brian

1 Like
1 Like

Oh, good old Jack Bruce. He always had a stellar band playing with him.

If you don’t follow this guy, he’s well worth checking out. His re-imagining of famous tunes into different genres or played by different bands is very cool. Quite a talented fellow! Thought some folk here might find this one a particularly amusing listen :wink::slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: sorry, had to add this cos it totally reminded me of our resident ZZ Top impersonator himself @jkahn :joy:

4 Likes

Just picked this up from Wacken Open Air 2024 - https://youtu.be/Fy1AugcPZsQ?si=LHjXbUkp3o2j-2Ww

Well ok… Black Pumas, not traditionally my thing but astounding vocals and a great groove, I think I’ll have to find some more to listen too

1 Like

New single from Myles’ upcoming album, amazing as always.

And an incredible live performance by Myles and Mammoth WVH.

2 Likes

This one always makes me smile. The album version has a different energy, still it’s good to see that it can be played with a single guitar. Definitely high on the list of my dreamer songs … :joy:

Friday deep dive but the YT algorithm threw this up. Works so well.
Brit bikes n chops and old familiar scenery. Hardtails and cattle grids ouch !!
Lemmy and Metallica. RIP Mr Kilmister 28/12/2015 seems like yesterday !
Get them damn necks up peeps
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Its BLIM tastic !

1 Like

Two great singer / songwriters combine beautifuuly.

Brian

I just rewatched Crossroads and you post Blues Brothers. It’s impossible to resist now.

Saul working off a few of those custom shop jobs he has lying around.

1 Like

Best gig I’ve ever seen them do, their performance was pretty good at Wacken but the sound wasn’t the best; Poland got it spot on and the fans were absolutely wild!

1 Like

“Video unavailable
This video contains content from Video Brothers Music, who has blocked it on copyright grounds”
And I just waited for some spare time with the video opened in another tab already.

1 Like

But! There’s an amazing new song from BAND-MAID with The Warning.
And it’s so badass!

2 Likes
1 Like

I have been following guitarist Dave Simpson for some time now on Youtube, but he has recently launched new band Red Giant and this is their brand new debut single.

1 Like

Nice little tune from JJ, had some fun working out how to play it just from the video and the basics are not that hard

2 Likes