What are you currently listening to? 2024

A great guitar song by The Las, Timeless Melody

Brian

Iā€™ve recently decided to check out Peter Gabrielā€™s solo work and have tackled his first 4 albums. I wonder why I have put it off for so longā€¦ These albums might not ā€œhitā€ immediately, but they are sure to grow on you and reveal their intricacies on multiple listens. So far, his 2nd and 4th albums feel the closest to me, with the 3rd one not far behind, but the debut isnā€™t bad, either. Some of the songs I like the most (so far):

1 Like

Discovered Frank Vignola when I learnt
ā€œWatermelon Manā€ a little while back. What a great talent; mostly jazz.

Been having a great time this week listening to all the cool duets he plays with all sorts of musos. Hereā€™s a taste;

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=RDEMeCIXxrfkVouWbJlOpR_xoA&playnext=1&si=5vIDYn7Xc4BJuqE8

Cheers, Shane

Been a follower of his for years and love this, but actually prefer the acoustic arrangement he posted the other day.

A great song from early Roxy Music with Phil Manzanera - who co-wrote the song - on guitar

Brian

1 Like

A profound, touching and powerful video. Loving the tone on the lead as well.

On a lighter note, just stumbled across these guys.

1 Like

Pete

Two top notch guitar songs.

Brian

1 Like

Justin Sir was in a Biker Gang :star_struck::smiley:.
Best song from Sons Of Anarchy.

1 Like

Apart from Peter Gabriel, the other current mainstay of my playlist is Brian Eno, especially his ambient works from the 1970s and 1980s. It took some time to warm to those pieces, but Iā€™m glad I gave them enough chances. But he made some more guitar-centric music as well, like these songs (one wacky and one more melodic) featuring Robert Fripp:

1 Like

Good call. Some great songs in the SOA series and this one is up there ! :+1:

Thank you. Are you in a MC Club? :star_struck::star_struck:. Whatā€™s your favourite song from SOA? :kissing_heart::guitar:

Truly astonishing acoustic guitar wizardry, using so much technology so well: John Martyn

Tis is freom 1978 and still sounds cutting edge.

Brian

1 Like

Having a BLIM break this evening. Short but sweet and enhanced video. :metal:

2 Likes

Toby

One of the best additions to this thread. Brilliant rendition of a great song.

Brian

1 Like

New Bryan Adams

The Dog is like nope Iā€™m outta here!

Thatā€™s cool :sunglasses: Iā€™m 30 years younger now :rofl: