What are you currently listening to? 2024

My exploration outside of Justinā€™s BLIM playlists have been quite enlightening. Shared a couple of McCall Brothers Band playlists with my #BBP Blim buddies but thought Iā€™d share the latest gems with the wider JGC audience.

Beer Blues and chillin ! As some old songster said, lifeā€™s been good to me so far.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

James Taylor: brilliant song and acoustic guitar.

Brian

@TheMadman_tobyjenner

1 Like

A touch of Nick Cave, Amigo the Devil and Ghost makes for an interesting song with a great soloā€¦

A great song enhanced by some fine guitar playing.

Brian

2 Likes

@beejay56 Wow! I am writing HER name down. . .makes me want throw over Joni Mitchell as the ā€œwould be dream-lover-of-my-lifetimeā€. . . almost. . .great taste in a studio choice as well. . .fantastic!! Thanks Brian!!

@stitch @TheMadman_tobyjenner one of the best adaptations of the odyssey ever!!

Has to be in my top10 movies of all time!! And quite apropo given all the BLIMMING going on these days. . . :rofl: :rofl:

Top choice and all for the price of somethin you just ainā€™t usin. . . :laughing:

Hereā€™s something to kick start your moment. . .

Bettye Lavette ā€“ JOY

Enjoy!!

This came up in my Tidal feed, so I put a Spotify link here. Ms Foley is a blues guitarist and this album is just her and her guitar. Thereā€™s a mix of styles including blues, country/bluegrass, Spanish/classical with a hint of jazz here.

The record is covers of tracks by female guitar players such as Maybelle Carter, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Elizabeth Cotton, and Minnie Lawlers.

Worth checking out but donā€™t neglect her other albums if youā€™re more into electric blues similar to Samantha Fish or Joanne Shaw Taylor.

A new song from Mindy Smith. Hearfelt lyrics and a lovely melody: a singer and her guitar. Simple yet beautiful.

Brian

Dave Marks Bass Solo

Tonight in the Masterclass in Blimā€¦ probably not on bass ā€¦man what can he play that thing :sunglasses:but on guitar

2 Likes

Found a couple of unreleased Springsteen songs that were written for the Nebraska album but never made the cut. Bruce has a way of taking you into a songā€¦

Jimi Hendrix, Voodoo Child - different league!!

Brian

Swiss metal does not have to be bad :sunglasses:

Last week I spent a few days in Paris and walked by the apartment building where Jim Morrison used to live. The past week Iā€™ve been on a Doors binge sort-of rediscovering their songs. These two are more underrated but Iā€™ve always liked them:

1 Like

Another brilliant song: Joan Baez wote this recounting her experience of Bob Dylan. Fantastic lyrics, beautiful accompaniment.

Brian

3 Likes

I canā€™t hear one without wanting to hear the other.

JP had a knack for covers in the 70ā€™s

Studio version is already great, but this live version is just outstanding:

I can post some essential Theo Katzman listening if anyoneā€™s interested :smiley:.

2 Likes