What are you currently listening to? 2024

Please do. Never heard of Theo before you shared the video. But… What a voice. What a musician.

I have started listening to the Heartbreakhits album now and some of the songs are really great, some just a tiny bit too “poppy”. So if you have recommendations, I’d be delighted :slightly_smiling_face:

@Eccleshall played this at Saturday’s open mic (just over 10 minutes in)
One of my favourite songs ever.
Superb storytelling and lyrics, matched with sumptuous melody and strings.
Sigh… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Lady of a certain age by The Divine Comedy

and while you’re there, you should also check out the excellent Keb’ Mo’ - Put a Woman in Charge performed by @TheCluelessLuthier
In fact, just watch the whole show! :rofl:

Fabuolus song, by far the most difficult thing I’ve ever attempted too. It dwells somewhere outside the orbit of my technical abilities, but is something to aim for, for sure.
If anyone else is having a bash at learning it, I can share the picking pattern and all those pesky thumb over spidery chords
This is for me the definitive version

1 Like

One of my current favorite bands. Great music and a history lesson with every song.

For some reason got addicted to this… Could be fun to learn this song in one version or other at some point down the line :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wow… I’m speechless. This is just incredible!

3 Likes

The stag in the thumbnail gave it away @TheMadman_tobyjenner Clearly Metal :metal:

Nice one. Hadn’t been aware of Tremonti before, but will check them out :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Like the song not 100% sold on the singer but not bad!

Tom Paxton and Pete Seeger: two of the folk greats with a wonderful guitar song.

Brian

1 Like