What is the first song you learned to play?

This is just a question I enjoy asking.
I think I learnes RHCP - Otherside and Papa Eoach - Scars first

2 Likes

Hmm I believe it was very easy version of Doesn’t Remind me by Audioslave :slight_smile:

1 Like

I learned 3 little birds - Bob Marley, and gradually progressed to playing it with a proper Reggae rhythm.

1 Like

Love that song. Good choice

House of the Rising Sun

2 Likes

It was on piano. A very simple little tune named Up We Go.

I struggle to recall the first song I learned on guitar. Probably a blues song. Maybe Key To The Highway?

1 Like

First song I could play so it sounded something like the original, when I first picked up the guitar was Jane S Piddy by Rodriguez.

First song recorded decades later after discovering JustinGuitar five years ago, was Walk the Line by Johnny Cash.

1 Like

Three blind mice. 3/4 time, I-V7.

1 Like

Three Little Birds and I still love playing it! :notes:

1 Like

A self-penned original called DEAD.
I had just learned those three chords, so played them in sequence, sang some nonsense over them and announced my arrival at the forum :smiley:

2 Likes

Free Falling by Tom Petty of course.

I mean, I played along to Justin’s Three Little Birds and Dance the Night Away, but Free Falling was the first I memorized and played.

1 Like

Mad World, Tears for Fears

2 Likes

House of the Rising Sun
Wish you were here

Did both at the same time but i was more interested in wish you were here

1 Like

I walk the line by good old Cash.
What else :wink:

1 Like

Back in 96 first time around I played lot of what I call “bitsa” songs, bits of this and bits of that and no real complete songs. But the first “full” rhythm piece I played was the Intro, verse and chorus lines of Bruce Dickinson’s Tears of the Dragon. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I really don’t know for sure but it was probably Johnny Be Good or Rockin’ Robin.
I started playing Bass in a band in 1975 had never played before but the band need a bass
player. That lasted about a month and we found a real bass player so I got switch to rhythm
guitar which I also had never played before.
Luckily the Lead Guitarist’s Dad owned the Music store in town so switching from bass to
rhythm didn’t cost me anything.

2 Likes

I think I am still working on it…:man_facepalming:t3:

I suppose it would be “wish you where here” and “Jenny Don’t Be Hasty” ( which was MUCH easier on the older song app…) still working on the new version.

1 Like

For me it was Blowin in the wind from Justin’s first songbook using his simplified A E and D chords with an anchor finger. Sadly that version was removed from later versions of the songbook because of complaints by Dylan’s attorneys. I remember Justin’s post about it saying that apparently Dylan doesn’t believe in his own song: The times they are a changing. Or words to that effect.

1 Like

Mine was What’s up by 4 non blondes. I’ve not played it in a while, so I think I might give it another go later and see how well the brain has retained.

3 Likes

“Shake Me” by Cinderella on bass.

1 Like