What is the first song you learned to play?

Thatā€™s not easy for the first song to play. Thumb up.

1 Like

Come As You Are by Nirvana. I wasnā€™t sober and I was playing a cheap, righthanded guitar.
Yet, here I am. not so much has changed :wink:

1 Like

Is there a Community badge for ā€œUnderstatementā€ Lieven :grin:

Whatā€™s up by 4 Non Blondes.

1 Like

Three little birds as per JGā€™s classic beginners course. My original submission to AVOYP and still on my soundcloud.

Dylanā€™s Knockinā€™ on Heavenā€™s Door was my first submission on AVoYP. So Iā€™ll count that as my first real song learned and played.

I tried to play along to Three Little Birds, anyone hearing my attempt would not have been able to guess what I was trying to play, or even that it was supposed to be musicā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Neither did I at first, it just takes time and patience, itā€™s not a race.
Stick with the course and you will get there if you really want to.

1 Like

Self-penned original, 6 weeks in, using the first 3 chords I learned D, E & A
Seasoned members are probably sick and tired of me mentioning it, but I still think itā€™s my best work- and might encourage others to take the plunge :wink:
DEAD

1 Like

Someone didnā€™t take a morning pill helping with memory :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Give the old codger a break heā€™s getting on a bit :rofl:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s so funny @adi_mrok :rofl:
Iā€™m not even going to delete it.
Iā€™m agonna leave it right here as a documentation of my ever-declining mental function.

ā€¦ Did I ever tell you 'bout the first song I shared? :laughing:

1 Like

I donā€™t remember that, glad to have my memory refreshed :wink:

Jokes aside, hope folks go check it out and are inspired and encouraged to ā€˜just do itā€™ without being overly self-critical or self-conscious.

I had my doubts though as second part of your post was saying you love to repeat it over and over again, but I knew you forgot about the first reply :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Joking aside, there are not many folk (any I can remember - dodgy ground there) who made an entry with an original, no matter how short. It was Dead On !! And I am sure I had previously subbed Brianā€™s channel but have happily done so just now.

Are the seasoned members the salt and pepper variety ? Lets David off the hook. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yeah, I think I am more herby than spicy, basil and origano variety.

Definitely better for your cholesterol Dave! :smiley:

1 Like

Like Herby Flowers rather than Spice girls :woozy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::joy:

First song I remember playing properly was Carey by Joni Mitchell. Itā€™s a real fun song and only three chords but I felt so proud of myself singing along to it!

1 Like

Thatā€™s difficult to remember now - Back in the mists of time (well over 20 years ago anyway) when I first started to learn right handed, I think it was either Scarborough Fair, Wonderwall, or Streets of London, but I could be wrong on all counts, and the actual song was twing twang plonk twink - well thatā€™s how it came out, anyway :rofl:

This time round, left handed, using Justinā€™s app it was Three Little Birds.

1 Like