Where does your username come from?

But KKH is sooooooooo coooool ! :metal:

2 Likes

Hi Tod,
Sounds like youā€™re a muscle car fan like me. 68 Firebirds are my favourite Pontiac and Iā€™m lucky enough to have a ā€˜68 convertible (400 with TH400) that Iā€™ve been restoring over the last 25 (!) years as a Ram Air 2 cloneā€¦ā€¦our Oz exchange rate can be terrible and all parts have to be imported. Iā€™m doing a full rotisserie nut & bolt restoration on it. Itā€™s currently in ainā€™t with the engine in (I built myself). Iā€™ve done most of the work except Paint and most panel. I also have a 75 Trans Am (Stellar Blue 400 4 speed) that I bought in 2013, after a close call with my health. I just wanted to be able to actually drive something!! I live in Oz so we didnā€™t have any of the awesome muscle cars that you guys did (other than some Holden(GM) and Ford stuff). Sounds like your wife and you have owned some amazing stuff. I have two Pontiacs but it just worked out that way. I actually love all brands. If I could only own one car it would be a ā€˜67 Corvette roadster with all the go-fast options in Marina Blue (Same colour as my convertible (Pontiac Tyrol Blue) although not a factory option for 68, but I just love it).
Thanks for your reply Tod.
Cheers,
Dale

1 Like

Hi again Dale,
Thatā€™s really something that youā€™re able to do so much of your rebuild yourself!!! I grew up with a family that really frowned on any grease or oil getting spilled in our garage & never learned how to do any of that stuff myselfā€¦ I mean simple tune-ups were goodā€¦ plugs, points, condenser etc, but changing my own oil was a severe no-no!!! :grimacing: My wife had a similar experience so we basically have to pay to get anything doneā€¦ trust me, things arenā€™t very cheap here either! The vintage parts market is very much a ā€œLetā€™s take advantage of these SUCKERS!!!ā€ kind of thing! :crazy_face:

Good to hear that your ā€œclose callā€ came out okā€¦ & that you are enjoying your life-long restoration project! It would be nice to see some pics of your cars!!! (I know this is a guitar forum but we do have other interests outside of the guitar world!!!)

Tod

Hi Tod, Yes, youā€™re so right about the classic car parts sellers. They know they have a captive market and make the most of it. I grew up in a family where my brothers and I worked on cars but had a place up the back of the house block where oil on the ground wasnā€™t a big deal but we still tried to avoid it given we spent a lot of our time laying on the ground under a car. :slightly_smiling_face: I used to have a whole website of my resto project but took it down some time ago. Iā€™ll see what I can do about posting some pics somewhere and put a link up for you so as not to clutter this forum. Cheers, Dale.

1 Like