Wish You Were Here Cover - first acoustic/vocal AVOYP

Loved it, way to go Shane. Recording over yourself with the solo worked really well.

I’ve spent a bunch of time playing the riff and the chords to WYWH, but I’ve never attempted the solo. Watching this has me fired up to give it a go.

1 Like

Loved it. Awesome effort. Keep it up Shane. :+1::smiley::guitar:

Great job Shane, I love that song… of course with Pink Floyd what is there not to like? You did a tremendous job with that guitar, fingerpicking AND strumming. Really well done! It has been several months since your recording so perhaps you have done others. I will look for them… One day I hope to play that song as well as you do. That was very entertaining and inspiring after only 2 years… Thank you.

1 Like

Amazing :raised_hands:

1 Like

That was incredible Shane! Great playing and strong vocals. I wasn’t part of the community when you posted this so I am glad it has been resurrected! :+1:

1 Like

Don’t think I was active here either when you first posted this. It’s terrific Shane - well done!

1 Like

Very nicely done. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Thanks for kind comments everyone. Looks like my older post was resurrected by a recent comment.
Great song to play, and was a great teaching tool for me.

Cheers Shane

Yeah, I watched it again for that reason, and got even more out of it this time.

I’ve been straining to sing the vocals as high David Gilmore did in the original. The way you sang it inspired me to try the lower register, and it seems to work much better for my voice. Thanks!

(It’s funny…when I listen to the original, it sounds like Gilmore is straining too! But he makes it work, of course. One of the greatest singers as well as greatest guitarists, IMO)

Superb job all round. You did a classic, justice. It’s actually a hard song to sing well. It’s a harder song to sing and play well to. Very easy to listen to.

That was really great, Shane! This was the first song I learned on steel acoustic. I really enjoyed singing and playing it (to myself :wink:). I haven’t picked up that guitar or sung in the last couple of years, because I meandered my way into classical. However, hearing you perform this piece so well makes me want to pick it up again, because I do kind of miss singing!

1 Like

Sounded great fella, nailed the intro :v:

1 Like

Wow! And the solo you had mixed in. That is really cool stuff. Awesome performance, well played and singing very nice also. :+1: :sunglasses: :muscle:

1 Like

The intro was so cool! Wow! Loved it all brother!….Rod

1 Like

super playing there, really well done​:+1::+1::+1:

Great job, Shane. Especially playing the intro solo over the chords. I’m trying to do this at the moment and hope to have something to post soon.

1 Like