World record! Video is uploaded! So excited being part of it 🤩

Details will follow - but I’m right here at the Donauinselfest in Vienna, participating in the so called Rocktogether. We try to build the largest rock band in the world and are going to perform Enter Sandman by Metallica :star_struck:. To break the current record, we need more than 1004 musicians.
I’ll keep you informed.

34 Likes

Oh wow :smiley::smiley::smiley:.

Curious for more news. Hope you’ll manage to break the record!!!

1 Like

Have loads of fun :star_struck: :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

1 Like

Enjoy the experience Nicole !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Have fun, I hope you get there :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Awesome, rock it! Take a video!

1 Like

Wow, that is a lot of cats to herd. Good luck! Sounds like a lot of fun!

1 Like

How are you fetching the musicians, instruments as a catch on the rod and fishing by a lake? :grin: good luck in beating the record, let us know how it went (with videos pls)! :grinning:

1 Like

Sounds like a lotof fun. Good luck in breaking the record

1 Like

That sound amazing, Nicole! :star_struck:Hope you made it! fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

Have loads of fun with you Big Band. :smiley:

@JokuMuu @Malz @TheMadman_tobyjenner @DarrellW @jkahn @Jamolay @adi_mrok @stitch

WE MADE IT :star_struck: !!! WE CRACKED THE WORLD RECORD :grin:!!!

Rocktogether 2023 with 1081 musicians/singers is now the largest rock band in the world :smiley:!

Being part of it was a fantastic experience, and I’m so happy that this was possible :blush:.

When I signed up for it about 3 months ago, I haven’t had an electric guitar and absolutely no clue about power chords or palm muting. I couldn’t even play with a pick (normally, I only play fingerstyle). With other words, perfect preconditions for participating in this project :sweat_smile:.

But sometimes it’s good not to think too much. I put in lots of time and effort to learn to play Enter Sandman. I’m still not perfect, but when playing with so many others, it really doesn’t matter. I had my amp on low volume and everything was fine :joy:. I learned sooo much along the way. I’m so glad, I was crazy enough to go for it :crazy_face:.

I would guess, there were about 600 singers, 400 guitarists (also bass guitar), and circa 80 drummers. It was an amazing atmosphere. It was hot, it was very, very loud, and there was a kind of excitement and anticipation in the air, I’m simply not able to describe - at least not in English.

We played the whole song about 10 times to get a perfect recording. To hold the pace, everbody wore headphones with click sounds like a metronome. It must have been an incredible organisational and logistical effort to make this huge event happen.

We got filmed by several cameras - even a drone camera was flying around. So, there will be a video available on YouTube within the next days. I’ll post the link, as soon as it’s uploaded. Can’t wait to watch it :smiley:.

So, and now I’ll come back to my neglected acoustic and continue practicing my songs for the next OM :innocent:. (No, I’m not going to perform Enter Sandman :sweat_smile:.)

19 Likes

Fantastisch!!! GroĂźartig!!! Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations :smiley:

You should get an extra, additional, out of the ordinary “Enter Sandman”-slot for this achievement :bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:

Looking forward to the video :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Fabulous stuff. Ich gratuliere euch!

1 Like

@JokuMuu @6stringrazor
Thank you :hugs:!!

Congratulations on being paft of a world record

1 Like

Amazing, I can’t wait to see the video! What a technical feat, to power all those amps and provide you all with click tracks.

1 Like

Meanwhile, there has also been a short TV report in the news. On the screenshot you can see me. I’m the tiny red spot next to the orange spot :joy:.

8 Likes

Thank you, Rick :hugs:. Now I have a story to tell my (not yet existing) grand children :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right, Matt. It was so well organised. The crew has really done their job :+1:. Everything was very professional.

Fantastic news Nicole, you should be very proud of yourself.
Well done.

Yourock

2 Likes