Zitronenfalter - Original by Lisa_S

Hi Lisa,
First … :

What the heck??? I spend hours, weeks, months living a fake life issues :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :joy:

Second :

WOW :sunglasses: :scream: :scream: :scream: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bouquet:
We were just listening to it with and both liked it a lot , and what a catchy melody :man_bowing:…it now also goes on and on in my head in a nice way…and my wife said without me asking that you have a pleasant clear voice (I agree) :bowing_woman: , and she is not so complimentary normally for/to women’s voices.
And I like the the German song/words very much … no really very much :smile:

Thank you thank you

:sparkling_heart: BIS BIS BIS :clap: :clap: :clap:

Greetings

1 Like

@SILVIA

Grazie mille, Silvia! :smiley: I really appreciate your kind words and supportive vibes. I’m glad you liked it and what really makes me happy:

This is such a huge compliment! :two_hearts: Thanks a lot for this as this is what I always hope to create: connections to the listener, connections to their memories and emotions. I like to read about this little coincidence. Hope your father will be better soon, though.

Wish you and yours all the best for 2024! :four_leaf_clover:

@roger_holland
First:

Gosh, I knew I was doing it all wrong!! :joy: :joy:

Thank you so much, for you kind words, Rogier. :smiley: I highly appreciate you and your wife took the time to listen and am glad both of you liked it. :smiley: Specials thanks also for the nice words about my voice, was neglecting the vocal training a little, but impact is not yet too high it seems. :sweat_smile:

Will you sing us something Dutch someday? I really love your language, too. :slight_smile: There are some similarities, but yet so many differences.

Happy new year to you and your wife, wish you all the best! :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Hi ,
I forgot to tell you that I also really like the lyrics ,It made me very happy this morning
and now again after coming back now after a somewhat unpleasant day`s here and the worst is yet to come with all those fireworks here…Freeking stupid people here, but of course the big fault lies with the government …

Yes, nice idea I will think about it …maybe when hell freezes over :laughing:

Learning to sing is something I would like to do, but not enough to invest the time in it at the moment, and believe me when I tell you that it will take a lot of time :grimacing:

And also agree with the language thing :smiley:

Greetings and I wish you a peaceful and very quiet New Year’s Eve night :zzz: and lots of music without fireworks if you go partying somewhere :partying_face:

Keep the smile :sunglasses:

Hi James @Socio

I live in Nijkerk, and it still took me 10 minutes to realize where we live next door after your message :see_no_evil: :joy:

My, my, my I could have threatened this more often and used it in jokes pffff, I will I will in the coming years :joy:

2 Likes

2 Likes

@roger_holland

Rogier, you see in @Socio James’ pic, hell is frozen… you know what to do… :sweat_smile: :joy:

No, no pressure. When it comes to singing, I know it’s a struggle for many people and will take time to learn. If you want to follow that path one day, we will bear with you, but really no pressure. :slight_smile:

I would also be happy of you read us a Dutch poem or things like that, I really love to listen to this language. :slight_smile:

Edit: I forgot, unfortunately it will also be quite loud here tonight it seems. :frowning: I always feel with the poor animals outside and inside that are scared to their bones this time of the year. Hope it won’t get too much for you and all of us who dislike it. Watching a nice firework is fine, but those things that just explode in horrible noise with nothing to see are a pain. :frowning:

Cheers - Lisa

1 Like

Wow! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Lisa, that was awesome! :bouquet: :clap: :astonished:
Loved the flow and melody, it was gorgeous to listen to, I just laid back, closed my eyes and was transported to a magical place! :blush: The lyrics sung in German was a special treat, spellbinding!
Really impressive playing too!
Super cool! Well done! :clap: :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for checking in here, Jeff! I highly appreciate you kind words and support. :slight_smile:

Glad you liked it and got caught by the tune. That it took you to a magical place really means a lot to me! :smiling_face:

Hope you had a smooth transition to 2024, all the best for you and your loved ones! :four_leaf_clover: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh so pretty, Lisa! Lovely tone on your vocals. Impressive Fingerstyle. Your guitar sounds great too. Oh! And of course, great songwriting skills.

1 Like

Hi Lisa, I’m so late on commenting, sorry for that! We have a few days off and my community time is limited these days.
“Zitronenfalter”, what a beautiful and perfect symbol for the lighthearted summers of our youth back in the years. I remember all those beautiful butterflies everywhere during summer periods. Nowadays we hardly meet them anymore. When have I seen my last “Pfauenauge”?
I read this one word of your title and found myself immediately on a time travel.
Almost everything already has been said, but like others, I liked the catchy melody, the lyrics, your beautiful singing and excellent fingerpicking and the whole semi melancholic vibe from a view into the past. Very well composed!
You definitely should keep on your songwriting!
Concerning the lyrics, I also felt, that a few less words would have supported fluidity of lyrics, but I see, that German isn’t an easy languague to use for songs as we need a lot of words to tell something.
Wie auch immer, das war fantastisch, du hast echt Talent!
CONGRATS! :100: :hibiscus: :butterfly:

1 Like

@pkboo3

Thanks so much for your kind words, Pam! I appreciate your positive and supportive vibes a lot! :smiley:

Aaaw, thanks. My old Cort kind of gets better with each year, but maybe it’s only my sentiment. :slight_smile:

@Helen0609

First of all: No need to be sorry at all, Andrea! You may drop in here whenever you want. Especially these days inbetween years are good for calming down and spend time outside the world wide web. :smiley:

Thanks a lot for your kind word, I highly appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Aaaw, that’s a lovely compliment as this was kind of a happy accident. :sweat_smile: Nevertheless, it’s great to hear that it took you back to those lovely summerdays! :smiley:

At least in our area, we still have some butterflies left, but faaaaar less then 20-30 years ago. But maybe a little more than 5 years ago. Hopefully, nature recovers a little…

Yes, I agree. At least for the Grasflecken-part I’m about to have a solution with less syllables and same meaning (thanks again @brianlarsen!). :slight_smile:

Danke dir nochmals für die lieben Worte! Hab einen guten Start ins neue Jahr! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m late to this party, Lisa, but far better late than never. The workshop sounds marvellous. Perhaps at some point you could share some key learnings/take-aways for other aspirant song-writers.

I thoroughly enjoyed the song, your composition, playing, singing … it all sounded lovely.

And I must also re-iterate … no apologies for singing in German and thanks for the translation.

Bravo

1 Like

Wow Lisa, that is a beautiful outcome to a dedicated songwriting workshop. I haven’t looked at the lyric or translation and my enjoyment is based purely on the sound of guitar and vocal weaving their magic together. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was phenomenal Lisa! That is surely pro-level writing and performing.

I had to google “Zitronenfalter”, - I remembered “Schmetterling” but this was a new word!

1 Like

@DavidP

Thanks a lot for your kind words, David. Taking your time to listen and send some encouragement is highly appreciated. It’s never too late to join a party here, though. :smiley:

Glad you liked the song and enjoyed the listen. :slight_smile:

That’s an excellent idea, thanks for that. :+1: Will take my time and do so during upcoming days.

@Richard_close2u

Thank you so much for giving my tune a listen, Richard. I really appreciate your kind and supportive words. It makes me happy I could create a little magic moment for you. :smiley:

One of the most beautiful things about music is, we all understand it without a need to understand the words being sung. Or even without words at all in case of instrumentals. This is kind of magic. :slight_smile:

@twistor59

Thanks a lot for checking in here, Phil. I appreciate your kind words and supportive vibes. :smiley:

Haha, nice you learned a new word. We Germans tend to have quite a lot of different words for one and the same thing. Sometimes we even have same words for totally different things, but that’s another story. :joy:

1 Like

Hi Lisa,
Gosh, what a pretty sounding song that you did very well on in all aspects. You certainly are more of a song writer than I. I struggle with vocal harmonies and you seemed to have nailed that one in this offering.

You have a lot of comments and perhaps it has been mentioned. But your recording level is pretty low. I think for a phone you had a balanced mix and it sounded pretty good. But perhaps next recording you can boost your phone record level a bit and give us some more signal… :smiley:

Write on and all the best to you!
LB

1 Like

Thanks a lot for checking in here, LB! I appreciate your kind words and supportive vibes a lot. :slight_smile:

That’s a good hint, indeed, and hasn’t been mentioned yet. Will try to figure out how to do that for the next recording, but no success on this guaranteed. :sweat_smile:

Just as funny side note: The setup for recording included a remote control for stabilizing my phone placed on top of a choclate can to get the right angle. :joy:

Gosh Lisa,
Don’t eat too much of that chocolate or the missing weight might find the phone tipping over the entire setup and leave it on the floor… :astonished:

I would think on your recording level you might find a way to set the mic volume louder when in record mode. Or perhaps there is an app that will help in that area? A Google search might fetch just such a tool or technique for your phone? Or perhaps a search at the app store is in order?

All the best,
LB

1 Like

Wow, Lisa, that was great! I loved the melody, loved the guitar part, and loved your beautiful voice! But since I’m supposed to provide constructive criticism, please give us a better recording next time! This deserves much better than a phone :wink:

Oh, and I think a half-eaten tin of Danish butter cookies instead of your chocolate tin would improve the audio a bit.

1 Like

You’re welcome, Lisa.
It’s funny- after making the throwaway suggestion of ‘mit Hosenrissen’, I laughed, thinking if it was a song about my youth, I’d be singing ‘mit Toten Hosenrissen…’ :rofl:

1 Like

@wiredforsound

Thanks a lot for checking in here, Kevin, and taking your time to listen and sharing valuable feedback. It’s highly appreciated. :smiley:

This is a work in progress… well, baby step progress. I just dipped my toe in the recording/production ponds. Not sure, I’ll get good enough at this before the next recording. If not, I’ll try to incorporate LB’s hint on upping recording level of my phone.

:joy: That sounds like a good and delicious plan. Maybe I will try different candy/sweet tins to find the ultimate recording tin. But then I defintely should outsource the eating of all the treats in case I wanna remain the ability to hold a guitar in front of me. :woozy_face: :rofl:

@brianlarsen

Hahaha, that’s a good one. I tend to like Die Ärzte a little more, but Die Toten Hosen also have some great songs. Your Hosenrisse suggestion reminded me of one powerful tool of my mothertongue: putting words randomly together and still make sense. So I created grasbefleckte Hosen that saves at least one syllable and is easier to pronounce. And now I wonder, what grasbefleckte Tote Hosen would be like. :rofl: