Have you named your guitar(s) yet?

They gave it to you on a Monday ?? :rofl:

I hope you find you Glory! and bring it back to life

Brilliant. I will say it again to get to 20 characters. Brilliant!

2 Likes

Saw her on Monday, was my lucky bun day (you know what I mean).

Itā€™s all about the bass.

That Koa grain pattern is just beautiful. A real work of art. Iā€™m sure you will be coaxing equally beautiful sounds out of it.

1 Like

Toby, I may have to flag this as inappropriate! :rofl:

4 Likes

Thank you! She is a beauty. I am working on the coaxing. :blush:

Lilly, my 1st and only guitar. Donā€™t ask why or how, it just happened.

2 Likes

I had named my guitars at one point, but it was a ā€œforcedā€ kind of thing that I stopped doing. Not against it or anything, and Iā€™d be happy if it came about naturally, but naming them hasnā€™t caught on for me.

4 Likes

My twelve-string is named the Twin Six. The six-string hasnā€™t been properly named yet.

4 Likes

About 6 months after I started trying to learn to play I named my guitar Shitty-Shitty-Bang-Bang. Then I bought another one that I like a lot better. Havenā€™t named this one, though.

To be fair, there was nothing wrong with the first guitar.

5 Likes

Haha, thatā€™s a good one. It probably likes you better too

Yes I have, but unprintable on this website.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t named my guitar OR my motorbike but one night after an argument with my wife I went into the garage and gave my bike a hug - ha ha, true story. (Honda VFR 800)

4 Likes

Thatā€™s quite wholesome.

As you should.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Gang, maybe itā€™s time to ā€œnameā€ your guitar. I just took an in person lesson this past weekend and my new instructor suggested naming my guitar after Iā€™d mentioned that a big breakthrough for me in learning guitar has been to find a place in my room to showcase my guitars. So theyā€™re begging me to play every time I see them. I also welded stands for them with personalities that suit their style. Iā€™d post photos if someone could help me figure that out?
Anyway, Iā€™m naming my latest ā€œLilaā€ after my grandmother and the title of Robert Pirsigā€™s second book after Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

2 Likes

You may find this interesting then :sunglasses:

https://community.justinguitar.com/t/have-you-named-your-guitar-s-yet/21209/57

1 Like

Thanks Toby
Ibanez 2
Ovation
Here are two of my three guitars. Homemade stands.

4 Likes

Hey Kevin - a wonderful book, one that I have read multiple times.
I bought it as a Christmas present for Justin a couple of years ago too.
I still make my own mental references to the wisdom in it (and Zen & the art of too).
:sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes