Have you named your guitar(s) yet?

I built my acoustic. It’s a copy of a Martin D28, but I feel it would be cheating to call it Martin. I just call it my acoustic and my electric the Strat.

3 Likes

I’ve barely got started as a newbie on my Player Plus Strat, but it’s in the shop for a few days to get set up. I’m not sure if I’ll name it, but I’ve got some ideas brewing:

• “Cherry” - The color is “aged candy apple red”, and it’s my first electric, so Cherry would work on a couple levels.
  • “Mariah” - Temptress from Hamilton, my favorite musical, so the name would tempt me to keep playing.
  • “Desiree” - I desire to play it.
  • “Arya” - Arya ready to make music?
  • “Pippi” - It’s a Player Plus, and Pippi’s hair was red. (Unlikely choice, but I like the alliteration.)

I’m never going to anthropomorphize a guitar, but I think it might be fun if my wife asks me where I’m going, to be able to say something like, “to play with Arya”.

3 Likes

Good one, I’m worried that might get me slapped.

1 Like

small_IMG_20220903_172923
So this is NOT Bruce, Springsteen or The Boss…

3 Likes

I named mine the other day. I looked over at my electric and the names just came to me.

My electric is Bonny and my acoustic is Clyde.

3 Likes

Awesome. And they are wanted in 3 states across the south.

2 Likes

Could have been worse, could have been Derek and Clive! (one for the oldies).
:scream:

1 Like

The electric I just replaced and sold was Vincent Blue Beast, based on a couple of comments made here. Now now to name the new PRS. I am waiting for the muse to show and the guitar will name itself with a little help from my friends.

3 Likes

Or Doug an Dinsdale

3 Likes

Just wondered if anyone else has given their guitar a name, my red Fender is Mateo, and I used to have a cheap Ibanez called Fifi Wang.

2 Likes

Just a few

2 Likes

As I said the last time this topic was discussed, I don’t have names for my guitars, but they probably have names for me!

5 Likes

The ones I rarely play wouldn’t know me well enough to name me.

1 Like

I initially named all my guitars with color specific names, which I understand now to be very racist, and/or with gender specific names which is also taboo in some circles. Now I refer to them with names like “The Strat”, “The Tele”, etc. Never anything ridiculous like something from “Star Wars”, “Game of Thrones” or the Marvel Universe. LOL

1 Like

4 Likes

@Andrea2022
Andrea, Mateo looks fabulous, what a gorgeous colour.

I allow the name to emerge in its own sweet time. My new PRS is still referred to as the PRS.

I have also merged this Topic with the existing Topic about naming guitars.

3 Likes

Tony, that is awesome!! Glad that you are here with us :heart:

And on your other point, I completely agree with you! For some time I’ve wanted the option to “love” a post. I’m guessing that’s not something the admins can do though, I’m presuming that’s limited by the forum software.

1 Like

There is an option to Love a post. When you read a post there is a little heart under it. Click the heart and it will turn Red and a message will be sent to the person who posted.

1 Like

Right! Thanks, yeah I do know about being able to do that :grinning: What I (and I presume @tony) meant though was the idea to have a “higher like” (aka “love”) on a post. I’m usually pretty free-flowing with my likes, but the problem with that approach is that if I want to “super like” a post I’m not able to denote it as such :joy:

Hey @ardemenz

Yeah, I agree, like verses love would be good. Enjoy your day!

1 Like