House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals Lesson

Learn to play House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals | JustinGuitar

The Tab and the Chords are different.
I listened to the record, and I think the Tabs are correct at the end of the verse where it goes from E back to the intro rather than to Am E as shown on the Chords in verses 2 and on.

I think it is because Justine shows:
Am C D F Am E Am E
When it should be
Am C D F Am C E E7
Am C D F Am E Am E
Hope that helps

15 posts were split to a new topic: House of the Rising Sun shows as 4/4 time signature in the App

Justin doesn’t get into it, but I play this song finger style, and I’m able to use my thumb to play bass leading lines, rather than just the base note of the chord. E.G., rather than just play an A bass note on the A string (the 4th string for the opening verse of “There is …”) vocally it’s an E then an A, so I can play the E on the 3rd string with my thumb when fingering the Am chord, then play the A on the 4th string (using just one beat). Similarly for the “… a house …”, rather than just play a C while fingering a C chord, I’ll play an A then C on the 5th string. In some cases, I’ll actually put 3 notes into that one beat, such as when changing from Am to E and back.

If I was trying to teach someone how to get their thumb acting independently (something Tommy Emmanuel does really well), I’d use this song and those leading bass lines.

Personally, I prefer my finger style version to the Animals raking version, though it’s also good. Maybe I’ll post a video of it, it’s good for solo guitar IMHO.

At about 2:51, Justin says “Am to D” and the closed captions on the video say that as well, however he’s playing Am to E.

It is in the Key of G, E7 or Em would be expected, however E is the correct chord for this song.

Not sure what you see in the tabs, I can’t see that.

Here is the correct chords as played by The Animals, there are many different versions cannot speak for those.

Intro (played 1x):
Am C D F
Am E Am E

Progression (played 7x, the same for verse, chorus, and solo)
Am C D F
Am C E E
Am C D F
Am E
Am C D F
Am E Am E

Closing (played 1x, it changes at the end):
Am D Am D
Am D Am D
Am