JGC Open Mic XIX / 19 - Call For Interest

JGC Open Mic XIX / 19 to be held on Saturday 30th September 2023 at 1900 UTC

Hiya folks !!

Here we go again, its your six weekly call to arms, well the microphone at least.

So while we are waiting for the Open Mic 18 video to be released, lets start things rolling for the next show.

[The video for the latest Justin Guitar Community Open Mic can be seen here when available]

If you are interested in participating, as either a Performer or a member of the Audience, please register your interest by replying to this topic. Full details below, so please read carefully.

Potential Performers please take your time to read the information HERE and ensure you meet the required criteria to join our merry band of troubadours!

Performer Application Window will be open for nearly three weeks, so you have until
1900 UTC Monday 11th September to sign up.

Selection will then be made based on the details below.**

Those wishing to join the audience only, please advise in reply to this post and include your local time zone in UTC, so we can make sure you are informed of the correct start time. Audience requests are not restricted and will be accepted until a few hours before the show.

Come and join the fun and experience what it is like to play in front of a live audience, right in the room with you. Its the closest you will get to a real “out in the world” Open Mic !!!

Please make sure you read the following information HERE in respect of the event, for both potential performers and audience alike.

JGC Open Mic Dates For 2023

OM 19 30 Sep
OM 20 11 Nov

Don’t forget these open mics are available to all members of the Community (who meet the required criteria) regardless of their playing level. You do not have to sing either, it is all about the guitar. We also welcome any non-english singing/speaking members who wish to sing in the own language. The door is open to all, so come on in!

BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR UTC TIME ZONE AS REQUESTED

With the growing interest and greater visibility of the events, we have had to set some new criteria for running the shows, which will be self-explanatory on reading the guide. So please take the time to do so, before posting your request to attend. Performers, please ensure you meet the Performer Criteria before requesting a slot.

The organizers will identify the appropriate start time based on time zones, as described in the Community Open Mics - Access & Eligibility for Performers & Audience guide.

Once the performer entries are submitted and finalised, the organisers will evaluate the time zones involved and determine whether to host a show favouring the Americas and Europe (EMEA/WEST) or Asia, Australasia and Europe (EMEA/EAST). Start times for these two regions would be as follows (subject to daylight saving adjustments):

• EMEA/WEST 19:00 UTC – (Saturday) 20:00 London and 15:00 New York, (Sunday) 05:00 Sydney
  • EMEA/EAST 10:00 UTC – (Saturday) 20:00 Sydney 11:00 London 06:00 New York

Please be mindful of both possible start times, when making your application. As you can see your UTC Time Zone declaration is critical to the planning of events.

Please note there will normally be a maximum of 22 performers each allocated a set of around 5 minutes. So, if you have played at the recent Open Mics, please give consideration to those Community members who may be stepping up to the plate for the first time.

Performer applications will NOT be confirmed until after entries have been closed. This will still give Performers 3 weeks to prepare for the show. So please do not expect immediate confirmation.

Note : The list of Performers will be posted on or around 1900 UTC Monday 11th September.

There are no limitations on the Audience numbers and I will confirm such requests, as they are made. An Audience List will also be published at the same time as the Performer List and will be updated, as further requests are received up and until the weekend of the show.

As usual updates will follow.

Please let me know if you are interested as either a performer or audience member and ensure you state your time zone in UTC.

(For reference - Time Zone Map) 11

For more information on how to access Zoom and set up your audio and video connection for the Open Mic events, please refer to this guide.

Open Mic Tech Talk - How to Setup Zoom

** Please take note of the additional guidance regarding the use of background filters **

Here’s more background information, for those interested: The Community Open Mic Events category 1

And lastly, a link to the Open Mic Zoom meeting, will be sent to both Performers and Audience Member approximately one week before the event, by direct message.

Thank you for your support.

The JGC Open Mic Organisers

8 Likes

Toby… you’re on the ball this month. Sign me up. No idea what I’ll play yet but promise it will be great.

Jeff
UTC-7

1 Like

Hi Toby, please sign us up for another performance. We will step aside if required though. Thanks for all you do. UTC +1 presently.

1 Like

Audience spot please Toby, muchas gracias :+1:
UK time zone :uk:

1 Like

Hi Toby, we would like to perform this time. UTC-7. Should be the official debut of the drums provided we get the sound worked out :+1:

4 Likes

Performer slot please Toby

UTC +10

1 Like

Audience please :grin:

1 Like

Audience for me please Toby utc+1

1 Like

Audience seat for me too please, Toby :smiley: :+1:
UTC+13 (NZ Daylight Time - we will have shifted to that by then)
Thanks!!
Jeff :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hoping that Zoom won’t betray me this time… Audience please smile :blush: UTC +3

1 Like

Thanks Toby.

I’m working with the Band to add a second song to our setlist :rofl: If they cooperate and all goes well I’d like to debut that at the next OM. If not then I may opt to opt out. And if the roster is full then I consider myself to be the first on the cut-list.

Home town is Johannesburg, SAST UTC+2

That may be fun … add the performer’s home town onto the poster? Show the geographic spread of the event. I reckon we may have greater global representation than Live Aid :rofl:

3 Likes

So first sweep of the replies so far.

Into the Performer’s Pot goes :

@sdkissfan
@malz
@jenndye429
@jkahn
@davidp

And audience seats for :

@madmodmcd
@trond
@liaty
@nzmetal
@jokumuu

4 Likes

I hope the band gets onboard, as its always good to see you. :+1:

Re Home Town - I like the idea but think it would make the posters a little too “busy”. Maybe collate and list separately ? Possible an OMSG discussion topic ?

Anyway, about to start first proper practice session in a month, with aching finger joints.
So I can see me sitting this one out, as its back to basics for a while. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Toby, audience seat for me, please :hugs:. UTC+2.

1 Like

Hi Toby, audience please UTC+1.
Thanks

A

1 Like

Hello. I would be interested in performing next go around. Bruce (and son Zachary).

Thanks for considering.

2 Likes

UTC-4. Bruce

1 Like

I’ll take a audience seat please Toby, UTC :uk: :+1:

1 Like

Toby @TheMadman_tobyjenner

Seat in the audience please, still UTC +1

Michael

1 Like

Hi Toby,

may I be so bold to ask for a front row seat this time? As revealed in the usernames thread, I’m quite short and need free sight. :rofl: :crazy_face:

Thank you, sir! :slight_smile:

Lisa - UTC +2

3 Likes