JGC Open Mic XV / 15 - Call For Interest

I’m putting my name into the hat for performance please Toby. UTC + 1

4 Likes

Sign me up as a performer. Although I’ll happily stand aside - or go on a standby list? - if we get oversubscribed.

UTC + 10

@alexisduprey Surely you are going to perform some time soon?

5 Likes

Hi Toby, would you sign me up as a performer please?
UTC+1

4 Likes

Come on you Australasians … surely you’re not going to let the Americas prove to be more engaged and committed than your good selves!

3 Likes

Hi Toby,
I’d love to take part as a performer in the next Open Mic!
I’ve started playing “out” again and this would really help my performance progress
In in the UK , so time zone is UTC
Cheers,
Ruaridh

3 Likes

Yes! I plan on performing on the next one if I can get the nerve up. I’ve never played a full song in front of anyone before so I get anxious just thinking about it, lol. I’ll choose an easy song and just rip the bandaid off soon.

11 Likes

The longer you leave it Alexis, the bigger a thing your brain makes of it and the worse it will be. Just do it!

7 Likes

Just to add to the friendly nudging Alexis……you really should, you’d be terrific!

But only in your own time :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think the most stressful thing here is to get the setup right and working :smiley: once you have that you are all good to go, just think about it like another practice session or recording an AVOYP, but leaving a random online video meeting switched on :smiley:

3 Likes

And if it makes you feel any better Alexis, I now feel like I’m galloping up diarrhoea drive without a saddle but it’s something I know I have to conquer. I can’t let my fear win this one.

6 Likes

I don’t know how Alexis will feel but you’ve made me feel heaps better! :joy:

5 Likes

Can I just remind folk to take into account DST time changes in respect if of the show date
15th April and the respective UTC change that will be applied. I’ve adjusted those so far, who have provided their current UTC zone but cannot guarantee to catch all of them. Especially if you have moved location or country. I can only go by what has been said in your Intro or if mentioned on your profile page.

If you are unsure
https://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/

1 Like

Can I have an audience place again please Toby?

1 Like

Yes please, to perform, if space available in April.
(Audience last week)
UTC +1 (BST)

2 Likes

Elixir

Please refer to my comments in the OM XIV CFI, as you are yet to meet the required critiera.
:sunglasses:

Unless of course I have missed something when I checked your Summary.
:sunglasses:

Please can I be in the audience Toby? It’s a first for me. Scared of the tech but determined to sort that. I am in the UK and I think I will be UTC +1 (but I’m not 100% sure even though I’ve just spent half an hour googling UST and BST! :grimacing:) Thanks very much. :grin:

1 Like

Sure, I don’t have a song yet, but it’s a good while away still…
Here’s my :tophat:
Independent Republic of Merseyside,
Currently UTC,
UTC + 1 on the date… Take your pick :wink:

3 Likes

Like I said WTZ :rofl:

1 Like

Latest confirmation of those placed in the Performers pot.

@malz
@willsie01
@jkahn
@trj
@eccleshall
@brianlarsen

Audience seats confirmed for

@madmodmcd
@shell

:rofl: Love this idea, Adi! :rofl:

:thinking: I wonder if it would work the same for an in-person OM? Perhaps inviting 30-40 strangers around to my house and then just treating it like a normal practice session? Hmmm Shelley might not be too pleased with that though! :grimacing: :joy:

4 Likes