JGC Open Mic XV / 15 - Call For Interest

JGC Open Mic XV / 15 to be held on Saturday 15th April

Well I think we may just have witnessed our best Open Mic ever!! What a show and array of styles and talent from all levels. If you have not watched it or were not there, please see the link below. The JGC Open Mics go from strength to strength and once again, it was a pleasure to see folks making their debut and stepping into the spotlight for the first time !!

The video for the latest Justin Guitar Community Open Mic can be seen here

No better time then, to open the invitations up to our next event,
JGC Open Mic XV / 15 to be held on Saturday 15th April 2023
(depending on your time zone !!)

Potential Performers please take your time to read the information below and ensure you meet the required criteria to join our merry band of troubadours!

We will be extending the Performer Application Window to three weeks again this time, so you have until 1900 UTC Monday 27th March to sign up. Selection will then be made based on the details below.

Those wishing to join the audience only, please advise in reply to this post and include your local time zone in UTC, so we can make sure you are informed of the correct start time. Audience requests are not restricted and will be accepted until a few hours before the show.

Come and join the fun and experience what it is like to play in front of a live audience, right in the room with you. Its the closest you will get to a real ā€œout in the worldā€ Open Mic !!!

Please make sure you read the following information in respect of the event, for both potential performers and audience alike.

JGC Open Mic Dates For 2023

OM 15 15 Apr
OM 16 27 May
OM 17 8 Jul
OM 18 19 Aug
OM 19 30 Sep
OM 20 11 Nov

Donā€™t forget these open mics are available to all members of the Community (who meet the criteria ā€“ see below) regardless of their playing level. You do not have to sing either, it is all about the guitar. We also welcome any non-english singing/speaking members who wish to sing in the own language. The door is open to all, so come on in!

Anyone interested in taking part, in either capacity, please read the new Justin Guitar Community Open Mic events ā€“ How They Work, Access & Eligibility 31 guide.

BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR UTC TIME ZONE AS REQUESTED

With the growing interest and greater visibility of the events, we have had to set some new criteria for running the shows, which will be self-explanatory on reading the guide. So please take the time to do so, before posting your request to attend. Performers, please ensure you meet the Performer Criteria before requesting a slot.

JGC Open Mic XV / 15 will be held on Saturday 15th April 2023.
or Sunday 16th time zone dependant.

Invitations to performers will be open until 1900 UTC Monday 27th March .

At which point, the organizers will identify the appropriate start time based on time zones, as described in the Justin Guitar Community Open Mic events ā€“ How They Work, Access & Eligibility 31 guide.

Please note there will be a maximum of 22 performers each allocated a set of around 5 minutes. So, if you have played at the recent Open Mics, please give consideration to those Community members who may be stepping up to the plate for the first time.

Performer applications will NOT be confirmed until after entries have been closed. This will still give Performers 3 weeks to prepare for the show. So please do not expect immediate confirmation.

Note : I will post a list of Performers on or around Monday 27th March

There are no limitations on the Audience numbers and I will confirm such requests, as they are made. An Audience List will also be published at the same time as the Performer List and will be updated, as further requests are received up and until the weekend of the show.

As usual updates will follow.

Please let me know if you are interested as either a performer or audience member and ensure you state your time zone in UTC.

(For reference - Time Zone Map) 11

For more information on how to access Zoom and set up your audio and video connection for the Open Mic events, please refer to this guide.

Open Mic Tech Talk - How to Setup Zoom

Please take note of the additional guidance regarding the use of background filters

Hereā€™s more background information, for those interested: The Community Open Mic Events category 1

Finally, as stated in the Justin Guitar Community Open Mic events ā€“ How They Work, Access & Eligibility 31 guide, a link to the Zoom meeting, will be sent to both Performers and Audience Member approximately one week before the event, by direct message.

Thank you for your support.

The JGC Open Mic Organisers
@Richard_close2u Richard is the JG Team interface with Justin. (Prior to DP becoming a Mod)
@Rossco01 Jason ā€œinventorā€ organiser and MC - it was his baby !!!
@DavidP organiser and MC and now part of the JG Team interface
@adi_mrok Adrian organiser, showtime manager (Mr Mute) and resident post show video editor.
@jkahn a recent new addition to the team and great MC given the hour he does it !!
@Notter Mark joined the team ahead of Open Mic 14 and is a new addition to our Host pool.
@TheMadman_tobyjenner me organiser and xls nerd ! And happy to keep on doing so !

5 Likes

Dan and I would love to perform again please. We will be UTC-7 in April. (Portland OR)

4 Likes

Sign me up @TheMadman_tobyjenner

4 Likes

Sign me up for audience again UTC -5. unfortunately had to miss the last one due to an unforeseen circumstance so Iā€™ll make this one hell or high water.

3 Likes

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Hi and please sign me up for my debut.

10 Likes

Get that horse saddled up for me please @TheMadman_tobyjenner , Iā€™m up for a performer slot again please :pray:.

If we get the interest from debutants Iā€™d be happy to forego as needed.

4 Likes

Awesome Peter, good for you!

1 Like

As always we would love to perform a song, unless it is our turn to step aside for someone new. Our time changes soon, so I am a little unsure about the UTC. It is currently UTC-5 (EST), but we set our clocks ahead an hour on March 12th. :thinking: According to the all knowing Google the UK does on March 26 so it should be the same.

2 Likes

Mark I think you go to UTC - 4 but Iā€™ll check on timeanddate.com tomorrow, when I start collating responses. Got yer back ! :sunglasses:

Thanks Toby, you know I need it. :rofl: I just looked at the site and I think you are correct.

1 Like

I would love to perform (UTC+0) but considering I did the last one, Iā€™d be perfectly happy to make way for debutantes or those who did not have the chance last time.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to perform at the April OM if thereā€™s room. I had to cancel out of the last 2 I signed up for kind of last minute, so hopefully nothing will happen this time! Iā€™m all ready with the song I was going to play at OM 14, so if you get lots of performers Iā€™m happy to be on a cancellation list, or in the audience.

UTC -4

Thanks for organizing.

3 Likes

Performer again please Toby, if thereā€™ll be space :slight_smile:
UTC+12 (after our daylight savings ends)
(Time Zone Converter ā€“ Time Difference Calculator)

4 Likes

Whoopppeeee, here we go again :star_struck:

All have my usual, Mr Bartender ā€¦ one bourbon, one scotch, one beer ā€¦

Now if only I could play and sing a version of that, the way George Thorogood does it with the preamble story. Enough waffle ā€¦

Add me to the performer roster (UTC+2 without any possible DST confusion)

I tip my hat to all the regulars generousity of spirit, to be willing to step aside. Now I am sure I speak for Toby and I, when I say, that he and I will be the first two to step aside, being the two to date to have racked up a double-figure number of performances (13 and 11 respectively).

I am also willing to be MC if required. And if that is required then I may or may not wrap up the opening with a song. That would depend on my sonā€™s movements. I donā€™t like to occupy the PC for the duration if he is home for the evening since we share it (my music, his gaming). If that is the case then Iā€™ll be on a laptop and would pass on performing.

But I bolded the ā€˜if requiredā€™ since I would encourage somebody who has performed before, attended regularly in the audience, to volunteer to serve as Event Host. Recently we have seen JK, Brian, and Mark, play the role, and all had no trouble in doing so. So Iā€™d love to say another member do the same.

The OM is truly ā€˜for the Community, by the Communityā€™, which makes it just another special thing that is part of the JustinGuitar experience.

2 Likes

Audience for me please. Itā€™ll be BST already, so UTC+1.

1 Like

1 Like

Please can you put me down to perform, Mr Jenner?

3 Likes

Certainly agree with that David and Iā€™ll be doing what I did last time and will chuck my hat in the ring if there is a place left, come cut off. But then I do have the advantage of seeing the overall picture as it develops. :sunglasses:

1 Like

OK round one and a thank you to those offering their names already. Boy these peeps are keen :rofl:

jenndye429
rossco01
rorystrat
notter
thecluelessluthier
elevatortrim
mari63
nzmetal
davidp
sgtcolon

You are all in the Performer Pot and up for selection. TBC circa March 27th.

alexisduprey
Choose your seat sir, plenty going spare at the moment !

Please note I have to drop the @ from the usernames as there is a limit of 10 per post and its a pita to create multiple entries for the same reply. Future applicants please bear this in mind and this keep an eye on this thread for updates. Thx.

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Hi Toby,
Sign me up for performing please, ready to go again. :grinning:
Forgot again UTC +0 presently

4 Likes