JustinGuitar YouTube Community Livestream :)

oh go on. Eruption. On your Maton. go on go on

1 Like

Maybe I should learn the first 4 bars or somethingā€¦ Oh dang, itā€™s in Eb and my Maton is tuned to E standard, canā€™t do it :person_shrugging:

Great comment David.

Practice is the time for pushing your limits.

Performance is the time for playing within them.

In terms of public performance, you are better off playing a simple song well than playing a complicated song badly.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fair enough Adrian. And I think you put such effort into your learning and preparation that by the time showtime arrives you are in your comfort zone or at least in the swan state ie looking cool, calm, collected as you perform but (maybe) the nerves are jangling, like a serene swanā€™s webbed feet thrashing below the water :joy:

1 Like

Woooh! How poetic :heart_eyes: :joy:
Now I have picture in my head, next time when I get nervousā€¦

1 Like

Not even a little outburst? :joy:

Not much longer to express an interest in performing.

What time is that American time

@Richard_close2u Hi Richard, I need to withdraw unfortunately. I hurt my wrist and canā€™t fret anything at the moment. Out of action for at least 3 weeks I think. I will join as an audience member if that works.

Thanks,
Rod

Hi Rod - Iā€™m really sorry to hear that and what a shame for you and the audience. Heal soon and hopefully your hand will be up and at it soon - perhaps for an Open Mic event.

1 Like

@John_in_Dot @LievenDV

Any thoughts on wishing to be considered for a performer slot?

Please can you make a decision today?

1 Like

Hey @Richard_close2u, Iā€™m happy to participate in case you need more performers.

3 Likes

@elevatortrim Thanks Serhat, your name is now on the list.

1 Like

Any more?

Today is your last chance to put your name forward and be placed on the potential performer list.

TODAY.

The deadline is just a few hours away.

2 Likes

Thanks, Richard

Deadline now closed.

We have:

@Brianlarsen
@Rod58
@Jenndye429
@KevinKevan
@adi_mrok
@Malz
@jkahn
@jestersea
@skeletor83
@elevatortrim
@John_in_Dot ?
@LievenDV ?

4 Likes

@Richard_close2u
The two polished performances is a bit more than I can commit to at this point. Got a few summer projects I need to get done and the temptation to put them off and spend time practicing would be too great.

Iā€™ll be retiring soon and can then get more involved in these great opportunities.

1 Like

Well done for stepping up all, looking forward to it :+1:

3 Likes

Deadline now closed.

The final list of prospective performers is:

@Brianlarsen
@Jenndye429
@adi_mrok
@Malz
@jkahn
@jestersea
@skeletor83
@elevatortrim
@Rod58
@KevinKevan

@LievenDV is just returned from a family holiday and is not yet 100% confirmed.

I would like to express my warmest thanks and good luck wishes to you all and I hope that you give an entertaining and confident performance of which you can be satisfied and proud.

RE: time zones and a roster.
I am able to get information on your time zones from Open Mic history and we can plan a schedule accordingly.

Can I repeat my request (and combine it with @DavidP 's suggestion) that you dedicate a large chunk of your guitar time over the days between now and the event itself (just over two weeks) to practice and more practice and even filmed one-take dress-rehearsals (for your eyes only). And to select songs that you know you can deliver comfortably and with style - you do not need to sail close to the wind with an ambitious stab at a virtuoso piece requiring technical prowess at the edge of your ability.
Just give us some plain & simple rock n roll fun and everyone will go home buzzing and excited. :sunglasses:

Can I ask - as we have done previously for Live Stream events - for all performers to send me via direct message a short bio of 50 words or less.
This is relating to you, your guitar playing and learning etc. Your name, location, length of time playing, what inspired you to learn guitar etc. plus the song titles / artists youā€™re going to perform.

Many thanks.

8 Likes

Feel like this is directed specifically at me lol. I do tend to go for harder songs sometimes when we do are regular OM to challenge myself But maybe now is not the time to bust out a chord melody arrangement of a jazz standard I havenā€™t practiced in a while. I kind of want to do at least one song I learned from Justin and maybe one of the fun bluesy songs Iā€™m good at like the one I did last OM from Gary Clark Jr

1 Like