NGD AIO TC1 - Natural

Thanks Jim @HappyCat !
Gotta say that this new Tele Style makes me a Happy Catman!
The only issue Iā€™ve had so far is that the nut had a sharp edge that a couple of passes with a fine file took care of. I have it on a stand in my living roomā€¦ it was in my office/music room initially & then yesterday I came home to find that my wife had moved it. When I asked her why she said thatā€™s itā€™s too beautiful to be stashed in the other roomā€¦ she wants to see it! (Note that she didnā€™t necessarily want to HEAR itā€¦) :roll_eyes:
My audience (my cats) donā€™t seem to mindā€¦ We wonā€™t either,
Well, donā€™t say you werenā€™t warned if my first AVOYP is worse than cringe-worthy!!! Your cats may not mind but my dogs do!!! I pick up the guitar & they head to the door!
Thanks again for the message!

Tod

Danke, Lisa!!!

I am very fond of the Natural looking wood with the variations of wood type which make it so beautiful to me! Itā€™s a set-neck with a heel carve that I think will make it more comfortable to play than a bolt-on as I progress & start to play farther up the neckā€¦ I donā€™t have a good pic of that yet but Iā€™ll try to capture one. I have been trying to record myself but to no availā€¦ I am recording often & did get through an almost perfect scale, ONCE, until I remembered that the camera was onā€¦ someday though!
Thanks again Beenie!

Tod

1 Like

Looks gorgeous nice guitar!

1 Like

Thanks Rob!
Rock on, man! :metal:

Tod

If that plays as good as it looks, GAS attack beginningā€¦

1 Like

HaHa! GAS is a danger if you read these NGD posts!!! Iā€™m guessing from your thumbnail Geoff that you like Tele Style guitars. I was asking in Which Tele is the ā€œrightā€ one? for some suggestions & got the suggestion to check out All In One guitars by @mikepoulin . They have some beauties that are pretty reasonably priced. I did find a couple of ā€œmehā€ reviews after I had committed to the purchase but have no complaints with my AIO guitar! Thanks for commentingā€¦ I appreciate the responses from everyone!

Tod

1 Like

I think Iā€™ve spent more on shipping and customs duty for my partscaster than this cost haha

1 Like

Rightā€¦ but itā€™ll be ALL YOURSā€¦ The ā€œDickinson Specialā€ā€¦ a one of a kind music maker built to YOUR SPECS with your Blood (not too much I hope), Sweat & probably at least some Tears!

My oldest daughter lives in Northern Colorado, about an hour North of Denver. In Denver there is a school, The Colorado School of Lutherie that has an intensive class to build an acoustic guitar. Itā€™s expensive, but at the end of the class you take home the product of your effortsā€¦ I am a couple of years away from retirement & itā€™s on my short list of things to do. In the meantime, Iā€™m making sketches of headstock shapes I like, ideas for inlays, thinking of overall size & shape etc.

I am following your ā€œNGD - Sort Ofā€ thread with interest! Iā€™m excited to see your final achievement with at least some envy! Good Luck, Rob!

Tod

oh thats not mine Iā€™ll put my own up once I start getting the parts in ā€¦

the ā€˜dont mess it upā€™ vibe is strong

1 Like

Oh, sorry!!! :confounded:

I guess Iā€™m so excited today that Iā€™m mixing everyone upā€¦ that thread belongs to @Lefteris ! Iā€™m watching his thread to see his ā€œpartscasterā€ come together!

Well, the general gist of my reply stands! I still would like to see the ā€œDickinson Specialā€ in segments as the project starts & moves along!

Tod

Thatā€™s a nice looking guitar!
Happy NGD Tod!

1 Like

Thank you!
When do you start on the build for your guitar? Are you planning to document as you go along & share with the rest of us - who are anxiously awaiting updates!!??!!??
Good luck with your adventure, Lefteris!

Tod

Thank you Tod!
I have the guitar building course one a week, today was the second lesson.
Iā€™m finalising my design and the components Iā€™ll put on so, Iā€™m guessing in a week or two Iā€™ll start planing and joining the body.
Iā€™ll try to document the progress with photographs and handwritten notes but I can only promise to do my best!

Question on your new tele: is it a neck-through-body?

1 Like

Yes, I donā€™t have a pic of the back on my phoneā€¦ took some with my actual camera so maybe I can download those to my pc & shareā€¦ the back is really beautiful alsoā€¦ I am really thrilled to get this new tele!

I should have mentioned in the OP that my wife & I were in a restaurant waiting for dinner when I showed her ā€œthe Oneā€ I had decided onā€¦ she asked to see my phone & was looking at the pics & specsā€¦ our dinner arrived & when she handed the phone back to me I noticed that sheā€™d just ordered it for me!!! ā€¦ sometimes in life you just get lucky! I know I was lucky the day we met!!! :laughing:

Tod

1 Like

Itā€™s amazing when your significant other shows you with actions that they want you to be happy!

Excellent choice the neck through, in my opinion. You will appreciate it when you play higher than the 17th fret!
Iā€™m pretty sure youā€™ll enjoy that guitar.
Iā€™ll be keepong an eye out for any sound clip on case you upload!

1 Like

When my grandson was about 3 (not sure of the exact age, but definitely a toddler) I was playing my guitar in the living room when he toddled over to me, laid his hand flat across all 6 strings, looked up at me and with the face and voice of an angel said:

ā€œPlay a GOOD tune, Grandadā€

Heā€™s 19 now, this was before I discovered Justin.

3 Likes

Glad you like it, I picked up this one from them a couple years ago and was thoroughly impressed.

Mike

1 Like

Record every practice session, youā€™ll soon get used to it. Also, when you screw up, donā€™t bother turning the camera off, just start again. Remember, video editing software is our friend! :rofl:

1 Like

Wow Mike!!
Thatā€™s a beauty!!!
You still enjoy it 2 years later?
Thanks again for the suggestion!!!

Tod

This brings back a similar memory, Ian.
My oldest grandson, (whoā€™s now 21 & following in my footsteps becoming an Air Traffic Controller!) was maybe 2ā€¦

was sitting with me while I played something from the Disney Songbook. He didnā€™t like what I was playing & asked very nicely for a different song. So I started playing, he stopped me & again asked nicely for a different one. I showed him the book & he said no to song after song after songā€¦ frustrated, I sweetly asked him what music he liked & he said ā€œ The ones Mom & I listen to in the car!ā€ :crazy_face:
Remember the Art Linkletter show ā€œ Kids say the Darndest Things ā€œ? Well they sure do!!!

Tod

3 Likes