Nostalgia for the 80s

Yeah. B-52s stuff was a lot of fun.

You called? :rofl:

1 Like

This was the sound of the 80’s for me, Eurythmics
Michael
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kgwulZ3HNdVzN3NrOk_MRAVWNppF2XaRE&si=fuGm8seCCp2Vb08D

1 Like

Nice one Silvia, there are so many songs from around that era that I aspire to play, yet unfortunately my ambitions currently outweigh my abilities :rofl: but i’m working on it. Chicago had some great stuff as did REM.

1 Like

We must be due one of those great @nzmetal performances soon Jeff mustn’t we :thinking: :smiley:

1 Like

Absolutely that decade too! If I think just at the music or artists of my own country is like wow.

Yes…with this thread I also expected some romance story!

Man…you should be careful…you’ve got an age :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::face_with_hand_over_mouth::roll_eyes:
@sairfingers in this case the song is quite known almost as much as the artist who is one of the most appreciated from those years here in Italy, definetely one of my dear daddy’s fav, so I know most of his songs :heart_eyes:

Brian, this little gem from the 70s is for you; here Celentano makes fun of Mina’ s most popular Parole Parole by inverting roles and I guess making fun about women’ s attitude at being courted…it makes me laugh so much :rofl:

1 Like

Richard I think you might add some other stuff that doesn’t fall in the “too manufactured pop” category, but of course songs that maybe didn’t speak to you according to your taste.

Now as I’m going to check the other recordings that you all shared…what about this two? :star_struck:

1 Like

Hey Brian @brianlarsen , I see a trend :roll_eyes:…Ooo now the Italian girl is in trouble :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

ps:I’ve always thought that was a wonderful song :sunglasses:

greetings

1 Like

Eh…but what have I said?! Truly, Celentano is among my daddy’s fave :innocent: :joy: …really it’s just about having a good laugh and I see self irony is Brian’s thing as much it’s my thing…

1 Like

Then just for @brianlarsen here’s a 70s tune I’m sure he loved :wink:

:heart_eyes:…Not exactly this one for me but the italian version one of my fav artist made…I think it’s one of the songs I listened to the most.

1 Like

But …I said (something nice as always over two years ago) and makes a comment that he is already so terribly old :grin:…after that never …cough …cough …ever …cough…any more :innocent:… and he then said “I don’t know whether to bless you or curse you” :scream: … The next thing I type is 100% real … well ,I have a feeling what he chose in the following week the calls from England started pouring in for maybe 4 months, Every time I blocked a number, a variant of such a telephone number came from a friendly Asian lady who wanted to help me with my computer…

now I ask you… is that really a coincidence? :joy:

Okay, maybe not a real question above :blush:, but then I thought it was funny and I had to think about it every time “she” called (which I found very annoying).

I don`t understand irony :roll_eyes: :joy: :joy: :rofl:

Sorry ,I will stop en try to take care of my garden :sunglasses:

Thanks for the smiles :smiley:

1 Like

I was a big Rod Stewart/Faces fan back in the 60/70/80s.
Here’s one especially for you Sylvia.

1 Like

This one also brings back a lot of memories, but I mainly looked up this classic to ask @tRONd what he thought of it as a little Trondje ? :laughing:

And I also wanted to say that I hope that you are just only very busy with your work at this time, which has happened before… and still play the axe :crossed_fingers:

Greetings

3 Likes

I have a cool Adriano Celentano playlist that I love to revisit every now and again :smiley:

As I mentioned just now in another thread, the position of ‘weird English’ has been taken :rofl:

2 Likes

Can you believe despite watching that film countless times, I never actually listened to the lyrics of the opening tune? :open_mouth:
Needs parental warning/NSFW though :laughing:

1 Like

Got a tickle in my neck, went to look and read and laughed out loud…my girl too… :rofl:

I wanted to make jokes and write off other forum members such as The Italian girl, but I feared that I would probably make it worse, and today I made many big mistakes several times…curse (now it’s correct @sequences :rofl:).

Greetings and goodenighte :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Craig! :joy: Might be working on a couple of things, we’ll see :wink::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Jeff :hugs:

Oh…but I didn’t mention similarity here, I just wrote that at a certain point I started singing…and that’s because there was no singing there while I was expecting it :joy:
I can’t do without the singing and the pink floyd seemed to fit well :rofl:

2 Likes

Well if a ghostly hand came out of a magazine I was reading, I for one wouldn’t be reaching out to hold it! :flushed:

2 Likes