Online Mini-Gig 001 - nzmetal, JK, jenndye429

Hi folks, here is the recording

22 Likes

craperdecrapcrap we say here if something goes wrong … apparently I have never tried wifi in the bedroom on the telephone in the past 8 and a half years … I had no reception :confounded: :confounded: :confounded:
I’ll watch the replay this week…hope everything went smoothly and you had a great night…
Greetings…

7 Likes

Thank you so much for posting the recording :slightly_smiling_face: I will check it out this week as well.

Edit:

I just finished watching. All of you did that great!!! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: Definitely something to be repeated :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Just watching this now and enjoying the show. I missed it last night. A good effort by all of you and a great idea which appears to have worked really well. :star_struck: :star_struck:

5 Likes

Jeff, JK, and Jenn and Dan - that was a great show yesterday, the music was impressive and the overall vibe was kick a** - I loved it! My iTunes collection has been expanded by 4 songs, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Plush, Everlong, and Only Happy When it Rains. For me that’s a good indication of how much I enjoyed the event! Keep on rockin :metal:

6 Likes

Wow such a bummer I missed most of the show, if it wasn’t for my getaway I would so totally enjoy it live! Anyway thankfully you guys recorded it therefore I had a chance to catch up in a train, well done to your mini gig folks! Great idea and even better execution! I think only couple of songs I haven’t known before, othet than that all times classics!

Jeff your metal voice and performance was great! I am not a huge fan of metal type of vox in a perhaps conventional way of how people might associate it, but Metallica type of metal I am fully enjoying and your vox were really complementing well this fast and very technical playing, superb stuff!

JK I must say - 2 songs from my wish list so really can’t complain! You played it superbly, loved the richness of sound from your guitar! And I think you managed to sing Hurt in even lower pitch than JC, and that is some achievement! :grinning:

Jen and Dan - man this RATM track is just crazy, you guys definitely should get a bass player and start a cover band haha! And this wah fx going on - daymn! Loved your set list throughout, some tracks I didn’t know but have added now to my spotify playlist.

Thanks for the recording folks, hope to have some more of those gigs organised in the future as well!

4 Likes

Guys and girl

Not able to arrange things to see live but have found time to watch the recording today.

Excellent really enjoyed it, the mixture of styles worked well.

Well done, what next I wonder.

Michael

5 Likes

Thanks so much for this fantastic gig last night, @Jenndye429 @jkahn @nzmetal :hugs:. I had such a great time :star_struck:. I’ll rewatch it on YT so that I can enjoy also Jeff’s first song which I’ve missed, unfortunately :blush:.

4 Likes

Thanks so much @roger_holland @JokuMuu @Malz @Mari63 @adi_mrok @MAT1953 @NicoleKKB !! :smiley: :hugs:

:rofl: “craperdecrapcrap” - I have added that to my vernacular now, thanks Rogier! :joy: Sorry your wifi didn’t work but hope you enjoy the recording.

Thanks Nicole! Yeah hopefully we’ll have more of these :smiley: :hugs:

Thanks Malz!! Glad you enjoyed it :sunglasses:

:sweat_smile: Thanks Mari! :heart: Really stoked that you could make it to the event and so glad to hear you’ve even grabbed some of the songs for your iTunes. :metal: :sunglasses:

Thanks Adi!! :metal: Glad you enjoyed the recording and thanks so much for your kind words. We had a blast! :smiley: :+1:

Thanks Michael!! No worries that you couldn’t make it live but glad you enjoyed the recording :smiley: :+1: Yes, what next eh?! Would love to be in the audience for another of these with some others performing… if anyone’s keen?? :thinking: :pray: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks Nicole! :heart: So glad you could make it!! :hugs: Hope we didn’t wake your children back up?! :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

6 Likes

I missed you and thought, maybe it was too late for Rogier. What a mess, no reception! Life is hard, sometimes :wink:. Sorry to say, that you’ve missed a fabulous event!

4 Likes

Hey you again… :laughing:
it is definitely too late for me … now about 4 years my life and ages completely changed … from night person to morning person … thought that was not possible, I was born as a night life person … (poor parents)… and the switch did not go without a hitch … but it worked, just a bit awkward socially … AND then no telephone wifi reception upstairs, will test whether the laptop of much better quality works upstairs … me don’t live much with my phone as you read so…
fortunately they did recording :sunglasses:…but live is a different feeling…
greetings…

6 Likes

Just clicked play on youtube and, after Jen’s intro the first thing I notice is your BLACK T-Shirt!

:wink:

haha

5 Likes

The second thing I notice is the completely brilliant grouping of your three song titles:

Live Like An Angel, Die Like A Devil

For Whom the Bell Tolls

Killed By Death

:skull:
:coffin:
:headstone:

:rofl:

8 Likes

We’re getting old :joy:

Maybe buy a repeater? You’ll need it for the next upcoming Mini-Gig!

4 Likes

:joy:
I didn’t check google translate there :see_no_evil:
the times I live/awake my life are…And that makes Google …ages…?? grommmmm

Edit:i have an (expensive) repeater but somehow it doesn’t work …in the backyard i wanted wifi…many people have looked at it…its on marketplace now (removed again because of the length of time I believe)...i will let the wife look at it ,dont like that kind of stuff :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I’m going to watch in small instalments between other things.
First Jeff @nzmetal
Great rocking out man, that was a blast. Super finger-riffing rock and total commitment to the cause. I loved it. You seemed to be having such a good time and in the live moment I’m sure that was transmitted to the audience too. Super cool way to kick off the event. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks Richard! :smiley: :+1: It was great fun playing those tunes and I was especially happy that the nervous, shaky hands I’d experienced in previous OMs was far less of an issue for me this time. Gave me a tad more confidence and control when playing, which definitely brought a smile to my face after previous nerve-racking experiences! :metal: :sunglasses:

Had to represent, right?!! :smiley: Loving my new tee so no battle jacket for me this time, wanted to show it off! :wink: :sweat_smile:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I wondered who might be the first to mention that?! :skull: :joy: I had picked up on that theme, but it was completely unintentional :sweat_smile: JK & Jennifer can attest to the number of permutations of my set that I cycled through before settling on those songs :roll_eyes: :joy:

Thanks again for checking it out, Richard, and for tidying up the thread too! I LOVE that there are triple digits in the title count! If it ever happens, number 100 would have to be a big party event right??!? :partying_face: :champagne: :tada: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Nothing is better than a live performance. You all have your unique styles. Admirable. Thanks once again for giving me the chance to attend!

4 Likes

Are we supposed to wait for the 100th Mini Gig to have a big party? :astonished: Assumed, that one Gig would be organized quarterly, this would take us 25 years (hey, I’m a woman old as the hills then!), every 2 months still would take 16+ years. No chance! One should celebrate the parties as they come!

5 Likes

Bloody great guys!

Love that opener Jeff…talking about kicking things off at 100mph. That vocal as well…really not easy to do. Really great playing as well and tone.

Real nice contrast when JK comes on…love that JC version and suits your voice perfectly. Lovely version of Everlong as well and sounded great on Acoustic.

Great set of songs to finish on Jen and Dan love Garbage and Oasis…I need to have a go at Champagne Supernova. It’s hard work, playing, singing and switching fx!

Well done all. Great show and I know it takes a lot of time to practice and organise something like this.

4 Likes