Open Mic 009 - Call For Interest

How very, Stranger things. :smiley:

Hi to whoeverā€¦ new to this project and would love to be in the audience for Open Mic 009 BUT canā€™t find a way to do that. My time zone is UTC-4 my name is Phil and user name is WA8YAN. If anyone here can facilitate getting me in the audience or tutor me in how to you will be appreciated

Thank you:
Phil WA8YAN

[Mod note - personal email removed from post]

Hi Phil and welcome to the Community. :wave:

Well you have done all thatā€™s needed, expressed and interest and confirmed your time zone.
Might be worth taking a read of the Open Mic info here, as this is you first community post.
https://community.justinguitar.com/c/community-open-mic-events/215
Links to the Zoom ā€œmeetingā€ hosting the Open Mic will be sent out to Performers and Audience members nearer the time via direct message.

Tell us a bit about yourself here and introduce your self to the Community.
https://community.justinguitar.com/c/community-hub/introduce-yourself/263

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

Toby,

Something came up and I would be able to attend. You can please remove me from the audience list.

Thanks

No problem Chris, thanks for the heads up. If things change just give me a shout.

Just a reminder folks, that Open Mic IX is now just a week away !!

For info, @adi_mrok will be sharing the Zoom link to performers via the Running List message I sent out recently, so please check your set up etc as per

open-mic-tech-talk-how-to-setup-zoom

More information here for those using more ā€œcomplicatedā€ set ups.
https://community.justinguitar.com/c/community-open-mic-events/tech-talk-audio-video-help-setup-help-for-oms/261

For those who have signed up for the Audience, I will be sending you a Direct Message with the link later this weekend. If you have not done already, can you just check that I have added you to the Audience Roster at the head of this topic. Let me know if you are missing, so I can ensure you are on the link distribution list. No need to confirm if you are.

I will double check anyway but its a long thread to work through, so your assistance will make my life easier. :wink:

Anyone still wishing to join the audience, are still welcome
Just check out the details at the head of the topic and let me know your local time zone in UTC. Iā€™ll add any late comers to the roster and ensure they get the link.

And just a reminder Performer entries are closed for this event

Look forward to seeing you all in a weeks time. :scream:

Cheers

Toby

5 Likes

Stick me in the audience, @TheMadman_tobyjenner, thanks. UTC-4

Will do Mari, updating later this evening. See you Saturday. :sunglasses:

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Toby,

I might have to be audience only but Iā€™ll let you know later this week, if thatā€™s okay?

I was putting a shed together yesterday and whilst using my impact driver screwdriver I managed to screw a screw under the fingernail on my index finger on my left hand and into the flesh, so itā€™s quite sore at the moment and I canā€™t play my guitar. :frowning: but Iā€™m hoping by midweek Iā€™ll be okay.

wheres the link to join the audience?

This looks like great fun but at UTC +8 makes it a 3am start if Iā€™m doing the maths correctly :frowning_face:
Enjoy the night all and Iā€™ll have to settle for the recording.

1 Like

Ouch ! No problem Stefan, just keep me posted. Trapped my right index finger in the tractor mower collector box on Friday, fortunately just a huge blood blister but using gorilla snot to keep the pick in line for a few days !!

Raymond

Is the a request to be added to the audience ?
If so please read the information at the top of this thread and then advise accordingly. Links are not posted but circulated to both performers and audience alike.

Thx

Toby

yes audience. i dont see any link to join the audience in the information above. :person_shrugging:t2:

Hi @TheMadman_tobyjenner, can you put me in as audience please? Iā€™m UTC-5. Thanks a lot and looking forward to hearing everyoneā€™s progress.

Chirag

See my reply above and also provide your UTC time zone. Thx

Will do Chirag, Iā€™ll update the Audience roster later and include you in the message with the link.

Cheers

Toby

Manila Time Zone

And what is that in respect on UTC?
I need that information to ensure you are provided with the correct start tine of the event in your local time zone.

Thank you in anticipation

what is utc?