Sirens- Original collaboration by Jennifer, Dan and Jeff (jenndye429 and nzmetal) with music video!

So many incredible comments/compliments from all you fabulous folk! :hugs: :heart: What a community this is! :smiley: Just never cease to be blown away by the love and kindness that is shared here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you everyone for all your beautiful words (and thanks Jennifer for being so vigilant at replying :hugs: :laughing:).

And this too?!?!?! Good stuff, Dan! Welcome to the party! :partying_face: About time, eh?! :wink: :rofl:
(Liked the subtle encouragement @TheMadman_tobyjenner & @Lisa_S!! :joy: )

7 Likes

Hello Dan & Welcome!!!

Congrats on the collab with your lovely wife & that MetalHead from NZ!!! :grin:

It must be a lot of fun for you :drum: & Jenny :guitar: to make music together… very cool!!!
Hope to hear from you guys again in the not-too-distant future!!! You guys ROCK!!! :metal:

Tod

4 Likes

Congratulations to all 3 of you, this was brilliant. I loved it from my small screen and crappy laptop speakers, but knew I needed to give it a deeper look. So after rewatching on decent headphones and a larger screen, I have to say I love it even more.

I found myself switching between listening to the guitar parts, focusing on the lyrics and then marveling at the video production. It would have been an incredible production for a cover, but to realize that you wrote it and did it all yourselves remotely, that sets the level even higher.

I look forward to more of this collaboration, now you have a taste of it.

You have all come a long way in a short time and I know we will see you on more stages in the future.

Bravo Bravo Take your well deserved bow. :metal: :cook: :kiss:

3 Likes

Thank you so much Phil! I’m honored that you enjoyed our song/video so much :grinning:

Us too :wink:

2 Likes

Yay great to see you here Dan. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Dan, @DDye

:smiley: Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun … :sunglasses:

Be careful with granting requests for needy guitarists, before you know it you have a day’s job of assignments ahead of you :drum: :roll_eyes: (and given our level it is unpaid :joy:)

Greetings,Rogier

3 Likes

@Jenndye429 @nzmetal Wow, that was excellent! Great light and shade in both the playing and video. You all deserve huge kudos for the work shown and heard on this video. Bravo to you all :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

The best of everything in the Community right here-
Original
Collaboration
Class production
Cool video to boot
You guys nailed it! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Dope! :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

3 Likes

@Malz @brianlarsen @Alexeyd

Thank you all so much! The three of us couldn’t be happier that everyone really seems to be enjoying what we made :grinning:

3 Likes

Mission fully accomplished :smiley:
Glad the nineties were back, at least for six minutes :film_projector: :drum: :guitar: :guitar: :microphone: :headphones: :+1: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

This is brilliant, really well done. You are very talented! I love the 90s vibe. :smiley:

3 Likes

@franzek @Boris1565

Thank you both! Glad the 90s vibe is coming across :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi Jenn & Crew,
Very nice, well done, well played/sung, mixed and produce. Both audio and video worked well together. If I recall right, this is one of your first in a few of originals. I think you folks write better than on this end. However, even though it went by pretty quick, over 6 mins on a song is asking a lot of your listeners to stick with you. I had the same issue until Roman took me aside and said most will stick around, about a max of 3 mins, if it is good. I fully agree now. So you say you had a lot to say in the song. Fair enough, but then you could still stay around 3 mins in song length by breaking it up and creatively make 2 song offerings out of your efforts. Mind you, this is just my 2 cents on the whole deal.

Keep cranking and be well,
LB

2 Likes

Was it 6 minutes long? Didnt noticed as I was enthralled. Worked for me.

2 Likes

Have you thought of a live OM collab? Is it possible to do? Peter

2 Likes

Only if jeff flies to Portkand. Latency would kil that idea.

2 Likes

@rorystrat Peter, @nzmetal @Jenndye429 and @jkahn did a Mini Gig exactely one year ago together. They didn’t play together as a collab project, just one after the other, but it was a great show. Maybe they are willing to do it again?

How Toby says, playing together over continents would be hard due to technical / latency issues, I guess.

2 Likes

@Helen0609 yes I remember that idea being mooted just over a year ago but I lost my mojo about then so I missed it. I recall that a number of bands rehearsed via Zoom during the pandemic so it is possible but probably not over continents. Peter

3 Likes

Thanks Andrea! Wow, was that a year ago?! :exploding_head::joy: That was a lot of fun though :smiley: Yeah, shame we can’t play together live, stoopid physics :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rofl: I’ll need to save up for a plane ticket… Although would Jennifer and Dan’s lounge would be big enough for me and the full Dyev crew? :thinking: Yeah we’d make it work! :notes: :guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::musical_keyboard::drum::notes::sweat_smile: :wink::+1:

4 Likes