Steve L’s Learning Log

Current active level of lessons: Grade 3 Module 21. Currently everything in this learning log is my guitar journey through Grade 3, starting with module 15. I practice 6 days/week for 30 to 40 minutes per day.

I am starting this learning log, after 4 months of daily practice and working through the new Justing Guitar beginner course. In that 4 months, I have completed Grades 1 and 2 and started Module 15 in Grade 3. If that seems a little fast, it is because this is not the first time I have practiced through the beginner course. Now I am starting to slow down the pace.

(I am adding more electric guitar to my Grade 2 consolidation activities, since identifying that weakness in my last recording. I have decided to record songs from the RockSchool exam books since they include downloadable backing tracks).

How I finally created a learning log (for anyoneinterested)

For the benefit of the 4 people in the world who may be as clueless as I was setting this up, I wanted to share that a month ago I decided that I needed to start a journal log to track my progress. I was able to find these logs via searching on the site (for some reason I overlooked Community Hub). When I finally tried to start a new topic I had a warning of “other topics may be similar to this topic”. I thought that I had tripped some automatic warning so I backed out of my entry. After a month of experience in the JG Community, I tried again and this time realized that the warning could be ignored. I thought, no joke my cyber Sherlock, I am not surprised that there are a lot of other topics with learning log in the title in a category called learning logs. :slight_smile:

I’ll start by adding the content from my original intro and began to update and show my progress.

https://community.justinguitar.com/t/hi-from-stephen-a-beginner-for-45-years-in-north-carolina-usa/110919/29

How I Created a Link to Introduce Yourself section (if interested)

I finally learned how to copy and paste a link (go to the post and select the post title from the content you are trying to link and copy and select the “chain” icon on this page and paste into the link box), I have just included the link instead of copying the entire introduction from the Introduce Yourself section.

By practicing for 20 to 30 minutes in the first hour after I wake up and using the practice app to track my progress, I have managed to achieve the astounding accomplishment (for me) of almost 5 months of practice 7 days per week with only a few missed days. I even took my guitar on vacation. My current motto is guitar first, then coffee, not to disparage the JG t-shirt message.

SONGS - In Progress

Wonderwall - obligatory Grade 3 piece - goal is to nail the correct rhythm at recorded tempo and correct chords.

Fast Car - cool finger-style rhythm that will take a while to learn

The Sound of Silence - I’ve found that I am pretty good with cross-picking.
I can pick the exact finger-style pattern of this song with a plectrum, even without an anchor finger and my eyes closed. (Note: I was rightly humbled when I tried to learn the Grade 3 song “Wherever You will Go”, where I stumbled over Justin’s cross-picking example.)

Wonderful Tonight - this is actually easier than The Sound of Silence, so I may record this first since I worked on the intro when I was finishing up the classic beginners course years ago.

Dreamer songs:

Angie - I have tried to learn this before and have the tab in a 1999 Guitar Techniques that I have saved.

Behind Blue Eyes - easy to start but I may also practice the electric part

Mary Had a Little Lamb - easy to start but difficult to do SRV version

Videos posted

Beginners Safe Space videos:

12 Sept. 2022

That’s All Right Mama - first recording

14 Sept. 2022

That’s All Right Mama - second recording

Record Yourself:

Killing Me Softly - 2 recording

25 Sept. 2022

26Nov2022

21Dec2022

I did.a quick Christmas carol video, inspired by the new free Justin Guitar Christmas carol book. Selected, practiced and recorded on same day.

https://community.justinguitar.com/t/silent-night-stevel-a-one-day-wonder/164302?u=stevel_g99

25Dec2022

One more quick Christmas carol video:
[O Come All Ye Faithful - Carol and Chord Exercise](O Come All Ye Faithful - Carol and Chord Exercise)

Fields of Gold

Feb 2023
Fields of Gold

California Dreamin transcription project and eventual full song

22Apr2023

California Dreamin - playing transcription of intro and solo

MY GUITARS AND GEAR

I am mostly playing on my Martin 000-MMV (a Guitar Center special model which is like an OOO or OM model body with a D-28 style neck and a slightly cheaper neck joint). It plays well though. I had tried out a Taylor 400 series acoustic and a then purchased a Martin D-28, then turned the D-28 in to get the cheaper Martin, plus a Taylor GS-mini mahogany for taking to the beach and other vacations. I wasn’t happy with the D-28 Dreadnaught body with my short arms and the 000 or OM body style was better suited to a combination of strumming and fingerpicking at least to me.

Taylor GS-mini mahogany (left) Martin 000-MMV (right)

I also have a Mexican made Stratocaster that I hang near my pracice area with an attached Fender Mustang Micro headphone amp/modeler, to use for electric guitar practice.

I have an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra that is in the case (that I am constantly thinking about replacing with a PRS model) in the closet and a no-name classical guitar purchased from a pawn shop that I started with also stored in the closet.

Here is the picture of my no-name classical guitar. My dad got it from a pawn shop in 1974 near a military base. I always guessed that it was purchased by someone in the military while in another country where classical guitars are made by lesser craftmen to sell in shops. It has no manufacturing mark. Unfortuately, it was left in a university dorm over the winter break in 1976 and thus the crack near the bridge. I am considering taking to a luthier to inject glue in the cracks to stabilize the bridge. i also haven’t played it in over 10 years and need to change the strings.

I also have an electric and an acoustic amp that I use occasionally:

Fender Mustang GT-40 amp and looper pedal Fishman Loudbox Acoustic amp

I plan to add a DAW to my gear to upgrade my recordings.

JG Guitar Beginner Course (to date):

I completed the Justin Guitar Classic Beginner’s Course in 2015 and played through all the songs in the Beginner’s Songbook (volume 1) at least once and played along with any of JG Song video lessons for the Beginner Song Book.

Just to show I purchased a lot of products from the Justin Guitar website while I was working on the classic beginner course, here is some of the course DVDs and books that I purchased:

I mostly use the lessons on the JG website, instead of the DVDs, but put this picture in to remind me that you can’t become a better guitarist by buying new guitar courses. You still have to learn and practice the lessons. I have only completed the Beginner Course from this list of course materials, so I have a ways to go complete my studies :slight_smile:

I didn’t show the Beginner’s Songbook original and volume II, because I have the pages torn out, songs rearrangesd and marked up with notes.

I made a few attempts of learning the Intermediate Course, but made the mistake of just working on Fondation Techniques and no songs.

Finally, with the addition of the new Grade 3, decided to redo the Beginner Course and try not to cut corners and really soak up Justin’s teaching and what I can get from the JG Community.

i have also signed up the the Justin guitar Lesson and Song App subscription. I thought that it would only be useful for grades 1 and 2, but there are plenty of songs that can be used for Grade 3. I like that some of the more advanced songs have really professional band and vocals tracks. Check out my aspirational song Behind Blue Eyes in the song app which can be used for grade 4 or higher.

I also purchased the JG metronome app and several other training apps from the Apple store and purchased the JG Rhythm reading textbook recently. The rhythm book curriculum will take a long time to complete and can be part of my technical and knowledge practice. I also purchased the lifetime access to the theory course and currently working on the Grade 3 material (Module 3).

HIdden retrospective tracking of recent Grade 1 and 2 progress and dates:

BEGINNER GRADE 1

Here is a listing of Grade 1 progress (completed in 2022) and notes of what I have learned. I am also transferring some of the content from the discussion that may not be completely on topic or too verbose or no interest from the community.
UPDATE - I started by copying some of the posted comments but violated the 32K character limit for single posts. I changed the goal to recording the lesson name and date of posts and recording the deleted posts.

I had already gone through grade 1 several times in the past, but after a couple of years of working on riffs I had lost my strumming mojo. Also tended to just do just one strum, so wanted to practice a variety of strums.

Module 0

How to Hold the Guitar:

Aug 1

How to Hold a Guitar Pick

Aug 1
(Deleted)
Richard,
You picture looks like the standard, but I did notice that your fingers are curled into your palm. I had used a well known folk acoustic guitar method that suggested that was the best method, but it made my fingers hurt. Now that I am older and have a little arthritis I have to avoid that as much as possible. I was happy to see that Justin in his demonstration uses a more relaxed finger set up with the first finger joint only bent a little. Also I keep the other fingers relaxed when I play. Maybe you were just curling up the fingers to get them out of the picture?
(I decided to delete since no one responded or liked and at the time I didn’t realize that Richard was a JG teacher :slight_smile: ).

Aug 2

Aug 3

Module 1

Using My Practice Assistant

Aug 6

Module 2

Peter Gunn Theme

July 31

Aug 1

Module 3

Seven Nation Army Riff

July 9

Module 4

Beginner Finger Stretches

Aug 5

Aug 6

Aug 8

Module 5

Songs for module 5

Aug 8

Aug 12

Module 6

About Time Signatures

I was the only person posted anything in this discussion. I had a question about the use of the metronome app in the video lesson.

Aug 8

Aug 14

• a couple of people posted and Richard provided a detailed explanation and I responded:

There were a few other additional posts, so my question did result in some helpful discussion in this case.

Module 7

Feel old SStruming

Aug 13

Grade 1 Feedback, Please!

Aug 13

BEGINNER GRADE 2

Now I am starting to see more content that wasn’t in the classic course.

Module 8

The Stuck 3&4 Chords

Aug 18

Aug 21

Open E Minor Pentatonic Scale

Aug 18

Aug 21
(Deleted)
After playIng the Wish You Were Here intro a few times in practice, I realized the song intro is actually played with a G major pentatonic scale (same notes, but different root starting point) since the intro riffs start and resolve (or end) on the G. Since it is played over the Em7 chord, you get a major/minor tension to the intro that gives the song its bittersweet vibe.
I found at least one reputable source online that agrees with me. :slight_smile:

Wish You Were Here Riff for Beginniers

Aug 19
(Deleted)
I use a bit of a cheat on the Em7 3&4 stuck chord sometimes when I am in a hurry. I just use my index finger to play both the B and E notes at the same time as a two note min-barre with my finger at slight angle. I works OK and helps when you are still getting the fingers stretched out.

Aug 20
(Deleted)
When I try to learn a more difficult piece like this I always try to simplify it in my head as much as possible.

Look at the tab and notice that other than the initial fretted G note to start the phrase, there are only 2 fretted notes in the intro. All the other notes are the open strings from A to G (or 5th to 3rd strings).
Play an Em chord from Grade 1 and you will know what fretted notes you need to play (or you can remember from the E minor pentatonic scale, but it is easier to remember 2 notes). You just alternate between open strings and those 2 notes going up and the down mostly just strings 5 and 4 and only play the open 3rd string (G) 2 times when the first phrase repeats.

It might be easier to do like I did and just work on the single note phrases first until you are familiar with the individual “riffs” and then add the chords, since the individual notes and the strummed chords alternate.

It may be just me, because I come from a singing background, but I usually try to hum the rhythm, or sing it in my head, and then the rhythm cames naturally without courting.

Aug 22
(Deleted)
If you have trouble remembering the Wish You Were Here intro song structure, you might benefit from this summary:

Riff UP = Play riff notes going up the scale in pitch
Riff DOWN = Play riff notes going down the scale in pitch

Riff UP - Strum Em7 - Riff DOWN - Strum Big G - REPEAT
Riff UP - Strum Em7 - Riff DOWN - Strum A7sus4 - REPEAT
Riff Same string - Strum Big G

or even more condensed:

(RU - Em7 - RD - G) x 2
(RU - Em7 - RD - A7sus4) x 2
RS - G

It’s a little easier for me to keep in my head than the TAB.

Finally one last tip for the riffs. Everyone is correct that it helps to learn and practice the E minor pentatonic scale for this song, but it helps even more to focus on the notes from the 6th string fretted G (3rd fret) to the 3rd string open G in the E minor pentatonic scale. As I mentioned earlier, those happen to be a G major pentatonic scale which uses the same notes as the E minor pentatonic. Those are the only notes that you use from the E minor pentatonic scale in the riffs in Wish You Were Here.

Notes in the Open Position

Aug 19

Aug 21

Module 9

The F Chord
Involved in a discussion about string tension, guitar action and the F chord.
Aug 23
Aug 24
Aug 25
Aug 26

Also posted first link of playing with older guitar with older strings by tuned down a half step and capo on the first fret.
Sept 11

Sept 29

I probably had a few more posts in this lesson (F chord) than I should, but they were mostly relevant and the F chord discussion is a large and active discussion, so I don’t feel to bad about my posts.

Module 10

Weak Finger G
Aug 27

The Rhythm Push
Aug 27
Aug 29

Module 11

Happy Birthday Fingerstyle
Aug 31
Added my tips for learning the song and annotated TAB
Sept 3

Module 12

No comments or posts by me for this module

Module 13

Open 7th Chords
Sept 5
Sept 8

Module 14

Playing Without Looking
Sept 14

The Backbeat Hit
Sept 19

Module 14 Practice
Sept 17

Rut Busting & Consolidation
Sept 21

BEGINNER GRADE 3
Module 15

6 Guitar Areas You Should Practice
Sept 28

The Finger Gym Exercise
Sept 30

Deleted

I’m also hoping this exercise will help with fingering for some of the more advanced chords such as sus4 barre chords

Oct 1

Oct 28

How to Link Guitar Chords Using Scales
Oct 28
Oct 29

A Capo for Two
Oct 28

6 easy steps for transcribing guitar songs
Oct 30
Deleted

If you want more power chord songs to practice transcribing you can use the songs in Justin Guitar App. The song search function for the app is a little limited at this point but you can clear out the chords in the chord search and select all the major chords (A, B, C, D, E, F, G) to search. I counted at least 27 songs with all powers chords in the search result.

Just listen to the audio, but don’t look at the chords until you transcribe the song. At least you can slow down the song in the app and leave out the vocals

Module 15 Practice Routine
Oct 17
Deleted

“Summer of 69” is the first song listed for Stage 7, since I am playing in the order listed in the book. That is 120 songs ( 1 Book One Grade 3 song and 11 Book Two Grade 3 songs in stage 7 to 9 have no video lessons, but there are 12 bonus songs with associated video lessons).

I counted 164 total Grade 3 video lessons, so there are more than 44 additional songs that are not listed in the beginner song books and so I may be looking at the additional songs later.

My apologies for writing too much, but this has been helpful for me to plan my Grade 3 practice and others might benefit from this discussion.

Module 16

Time Blocking
Nov 11

Easy Chord Shapes Up the Neck
Nov 11

Practical Music Theory Course

Module 1
No posts

Module 2

Reading Chord Box Diagrams
Aug 14

Music Theory Grade 2 Test
Aug 14, 13, 16, 17

Why Are You Studying Theory?
Aug 31

Rhythm Guitar Courses

Rhythm Guitar 1

11 Likes

Thats a great way to kick off your learning log and it’s so good to hear that after a very long time NOT progressing you’re now really making great progress. I’m sure many other on here have a very similar story.

3 Likes

Terrific start to your LL there Steve and sounds like you’ve got your mojo well and truly running again, will be interested to hear and see how you kick on from here :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Steve. Good you are starting your learning log. It is very useful for keeping things in perspective. It is also good that you have found the way to step up your guitar skills.

1 Like

Fascinating read. Thanks for the detail. I googled “Folk guitar with laura weber” and found plenty of references. Looks like she passed away in the 90s.

I get stuck in intermediate mode which mostly doesn’t bother me as I enjoy just sitting and playing a variety of the songs I know. Memorizing them makes it easier as I don’t have to fiddle with song sheets and such, I just sit and play often times for over an hour.

I do use the approach Justin talks about where I have a challenge song on the go which does stretch my skills as well as a number of what I call low hanging fruit, songs that now just take a little bit of effort to get on top of. I remember my early days when what is now low hanging fruit took me well over a month of determined effort to learn.

The extra time in retirement sure is a bonus and learning music is such a great way to exercise the brain cells.

1 Like

@tony Glad that some of my details were of interest to you. I tried to find videos of Laura Webers lessons several years ago, but that was even before VHS recording, so no luck. I did go through a 3 book series on folk guitar (with DVDs) a few years back, after I read about the influence that US folk guitar had on the on UK music through the skiffle craze in the big Bob Spitz bio on the Beatles. So thought if it helped the Beatles, Van Morrison and other’s song writing, I should check it out. I even bought a Lonnie Donegan CD. :slight_smile:

I am happy at whatever level I am at the present as long as I can continue to find songs that I enjoy on Justin’s site and learn something new (a strum or riff each time), so I look forward to becoming an intermediate level guitarist.

1 Like

@SteveL_G99
Awesome start keep with the learning log. It’s nice to look back and see the progress.
:+1:

1 Like

Progress Update - Now I am starting Module 16 of Grade 3 and really enjoying the lessons. I can see I will spend a lot of time learning and playing all the CAGED chord shape for playing chords up the neck (even G, using the big G). I am also continuing to play through the Grade 3 songs in the beginner songbooks (original and volume II)… My most recent song that I started practicing is Sound of Silence which has a great finger-style and strum mix. This will take a while to get it exactly as Justin plays in the song video lesson. I am also practicing a version of Sound of Silence with the finger-style done as cross-picked arpeggio, a technique that I have taught myself over the years.

I have also added Pretty Fly (For a White Guy) to the practice routine, not so much because I like the song, but because it is a great power chord workout.

1 Like

@stitch and @Richard_close2u A quick followup. My recent misstep with the lesson discussion posts was just the nudge I needed to start a journal or learning log: Steve L’s Learning Log.

I have examined all the Grade 1 and 2 lesson discussions and edited my posts when appropriate and where I still have an edit function. I deleted a few posts which had no likes or responses and seemed to be more about me and not adding much to the discussion. I copied those deleted posts to the hidden JG course section of my Learning Log header post.

I have recently added a single post to each of the first two lesson discussions in Module 16 Grade 3, which I hope show that i have learned to create discussion posts that are brief, clear and relevant. :slight_smile:

I admire your collection of gear and materials! I’ve got two of Justin’s songbooks so far, the first Beginner book and the Christmas book. I want to get some more, though! I’m just trying to decide witch to get! Maybe the second Beginner book would be a good place to start.

Best Wishes,
Todd

1 Like

@SocratesDiedTrolling Todd, The second beginner guitar book is a good choice, but you may also want to consider another songbook - The JustinGuitar Easy Guitar Songbook: 101 Awesome Easy Songs You Can Play with Up to 8 Open Chords. For some reason Justin Guitar does not include it in the list of books for sale, but you can find it on Amazon.

The Easy Songbook only has songs from Grade 1 and includes a few songs suggested in the Grade 1 song lists. Also, since it is a newer book, the songs are arranged by modules instead of stages. So for complete beginners, I think this songbook is actually the best first book to get. I was already in Grade 2, so I got a Kindle version but occasionally look at it to review some new Grader 1 songs. Take a look at the online description, though, for the songs in the Easy Guitar song book and notice that there are some songs that are in the original beginner book, whereas the second songbook only has new songs.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll check out the Easy Guitar Songbook! I’ve added it to my wish list. :slight_smile:

1 Like

15 Nov. 2022
I added the lessons from Strumming Techniques 1 DVD to my practice schedule this morning. I probably can already play all of the RUST patterns in this DVD, after going through all the Grade 1 and 2 song lessons, but want to finally finish these lessons for a good foundation for my strumming.
I am using the JG Metronome app at 80 BPM as suggested.

I get a little bored playing the patterns so I usually have to add a little something to keep me awake.

For RUST 1 - I just played the suggested E chord
For RUST 2 - Played E chord for beats 1 2 3 - played E7 for + 4
For RUST 3 - Played E chord for 1 2, Esus4 for + 3 4 , E for final +
For RUST 4 - Played D chord for 1 2, played Dsus4 D Dsis2 D on the 3 + 4 + beats

I usually play the rhythm with a single chord for a while before add any chord changes.

16 Nov 2022

RUST 5,6,7 and 8 - nothing fancy with the chords. I have enough rhythms (8) to switch between rhythms and call out the beats in time to the metronome to keep me occupied.

17 Nov 2022

RUST 9, 10, 11 and 12 - tied rhythms. Now that the rhythms are getting more interesting, I can spend some time practicing these rhythms to make the strumming automatic. Rhythm 9 is already automatic. If I strum without thinking about the rhythm, that is the rhythm that I play, although I tend to include an up strum after beat 4 as a “no chord” strum, which gives the rhythm a little more flow. My problem is the tendency to play that rhythm for all songs.

2 Likes

20 Nov 2022

I recently posted a request in the Module 15 practice discussion page for help in setting up a practice routine with the 1 hour of practice split over 3 days. I deleted after realizing that at the Grade 3 level Justin is suggesting that we take up the task of creating our own practice routine using his general suggestions.

I have been practicing module 15 for several weeks but following the default Module 15 practice app routine sporadically since I am only able to practice 40 minutes each day in the early morning. I also was trying to include Strumming Technique 1 exercises and Grade 3 theory.

I have finally tried to put together practice routines in the practice app - 3 different routines called 15a, 15b and 15c to be used in a 3 day rotation over 6 days. The practice routine is split over 3 days and an additional 10 minutes of learning new Grade 3 song(s) and 10 minutes of review (or revision) of grade 2 and 3 songs is included for half the time spent in fun activities as Justin suggested.

Here is a figure showing how the 5 minutes category intervals are arranged:

I didn’t try to create a different routine in the practice app for each of the 6 practice days of the week because it was just too much trouble, but I might change my mind as I use this for future modules (one change I made right away was putting the easy song for review (or revision) at the beginning for warmup),

Usually on day 7 I take a break and just play songs.

Disclaimer: While this practice schedule looks good on paper, I couldn’t follow it for more than 1 week. It is just too detailed for my needs. I couldn’t bring myself to try and repeat this for module 16. See below (6 Dec) for my simplified plan.

3 Likes

21 Nov 2022 - After using the new Module 15a practice routine, I realized that I need to create 3 practice folders with a list of specific songs, techniques that are used for that routine, including the chord charts, tabs, etc. needed for the exercises. With just 5 min per time slot I don’t have a lot of time to be looking for songs or deciding what to do next.

Also, I am way overdue on recording my playing, so I should spend all my song review on practicing a song for me to record. The next song is probably California Dreamin’

26 Nov 2022 - I added a new video recording - Morning Has Broken - Cat Stevens version - played fingerstyle

3 Dec. 2022

I just completed the Practical Music Theory Grade 3 test. I’m not sure if I will work on Grade 4 theory while I finish the Grade 3 modules or work on ear training and other lessons and save the Grade 4 theory for a later time.

I continued with strumming techniques 1 with lesson on extended ties and RUST patterns 13-15.

I finished learning the Stage 9 songs (almost all Grade 3 songs) in the Beginner songbook 1 using the JG song lesson tutorial videos. I am gradually adding songs to my potential repertoire list and will return to some songs for more intensive study later.

I have been following the Module 15 practice schedule for over 1 month, practicing 6 days/week but spreading the 1 hour routine over 3 days, so I think I am ready to move on the module 16. I had been holding off moving on because I was not making much progress on the finger gym exercises. Then I noticed that the exercises continue into module 16 so I can move forward. I just have to enter the module 16 practice sessions into the practice app.

3 Likes

Hey Steve, congratulations on completing Grade 3 PMT. If you have the free time then I would continue with your progress of the PMT course. If time is limited then maybe best to focus on the practical side of things. It’s good to read that you’re progressing through the strumming techniques course, I found it to make a significant improvement in my rhythm and strumming. That’s a lot of songs you’ve been learning, @Richard_close2u will be extremely proud of you as his motto (which is the best motto on the forum) is learn songs, learn songs, learn songs. I can’t really comment on the progression from Grade 15 to 16 as I decided to do things differently but I would say progress when you feel ready to progress even if that means keeping things in you’re practice sessions to really embed. All the best, Socio :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hi Steve, for me also makes sense that if someone gets fluency with some of the proposed exercises for a module (or level [or stage]) earlier than with others, he or she can start incorporating exercises from the next module in lieu of the ones he or she has achieved fluency.

1 Like

6 Dec. 2022

I finally realized that my detailed practice schedule was not going to work for me. Some mornings I was just able to finish practicing an old song and learning a new song and some of the practice elements just didn’t appeal to me or my goals.

I realized that I needed to follow the KISS principle (not the band, but the principle of Keep It Simple Stupid, original version or the less harsh version, Keep It Short & Simple)

I thought of an old saying that stuck in my head that applies:

My praciice schedule should follow the general principle of:

Play:
Something OLD
Something NEW
Something BORROWED
Something BLUE

Replace play with wear and you have the old wedding tradition for brides that my wife followed in our wedding. It’s very old (see “something old”, Wikipedia) and kind of hard to forget.

the something old is songs from my In Progress practice list and new is new song lesson videos. The borrowed is some technical exercises from Justin’s practrice routine and later from all the exercises and riffs available from other sources. The blue reminds me to include some blues in every week, since that is why it got back into guitar in 1999.

I’ll divide my practice time available and spend 25% on each part.

Keeping the plan simple makes it easier to modify as needed. I’ll probably alternate days for learning new songs as they become more complex moving to intermediate level and work on other practice elements on alternate days along with blues practice.

2 Likes