Strumming Machine - suggestions, bug reports, user experience feedback etc

You can click the arrows to turn them on and off but only in 4:4 at the moment it seems

@GiantPaul -

Is there anyway I can make the ‘and’ strums in the same direction as the previous strum? Or doesn’t it actually matter? EG, I’m looking at a song with a down down up down down down up down strum pattern and it’s hard to get the sound of it when the strums are all alternating. cheers

You have 8 hits written out with only 1 Up strum.
That does suggest an 8ths pattern.
But to have just 1 up and 7 down is unusual.
Is that definitely the pattern?
8ths can be all 8 down strums and often is in certain styles of music.

Hi, I’m using strumming machine on Apple macOS and iPad iOS and getting the same error on both, when just using metronome the sound happens for 1-2 bars then no sound, when opening chord box I get the metronome for 1 bar then nothing, tried on all chords same error also happens on both acoustic guitar and electric guitar settings

Nick @Nick_Scarr
I had this the last time I used it on my iPad iOS 16.6, just tried it again and it is the same stops after a couple of bars
@larynejg for your info.
Nick by the way welcome to community :+1:
Michael

Thanks for the welcome Mat.
I’m glad it’s not just me with this error, thought at first I was doing something wrong

1 Like

Still got the issue with metronome stopping after 2 bars.
@larynejg is this a known issue or is just me?
Michael

Know what would be really cool?

A Strumming Machine that has 16th notes. :+1: :clap: :guitar:

Given the code for the 8th note Strumming Machine is already written, it should be a rather simple modification to the code.

1 Like

Hi everyone! We actively started working on an update for this tool, and we’ll let you know when the new version is live. It’ll correct many of the issues mentioned here. Cheers, and thank you for your support and patience. :slight_smile: Cheers.

7 Likes

Hi Daniel,
:+1:
There also is a specific topic about strumming machine improvements. Adding 16th notes has been suggested by others, too. And as a most recent update, just yesterday Laryne has confirmed work on updating this tool has been started.

Maybe one of the mods could merge this posting into above topic?
@DavidP @LievenDV @Richard_close2u

All the best,
Franz

2 Likes

Done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Whoo Hoo!

1 Like

Laryne @larynejg
Not sure if it has been mentioned but a built in timer would be useful and would save having to juggle my iPhone with my iPad.
Michael

This has already been suggested, but I’ll toss my vote in as well.
One “chord selection” that is a fret mute. Which will match Justin’s strumming course Grade 1 where no chord is played other than fret-muted strings. :+1: :guitar:

I’d be willing to pay for a new and improved web app with 16th strumming patterns.

1 Like

Could we have presets along the tempo slide bar starting at 70bpm every 10bpm up to 130? So if you clicked 80bpom it would be set without having to use the + or -.

1 Like

Another suggestion.

Could we have the option to play two bars with different patterns. For example Old Faithful for the first bar and then all eights for the second, which the repeat.

2 Likes

Love the Strumming machine program under the resources tab.
But, is it possible to introduce different time signatures? I’d really like to practice my 16th strumming over two measures.

100% agreed.

If you have a web browser and can download an .html file, you might find this useful to tide you over until Justin and team find time to update theirs - it lacks that professional polish, but it can generate a wide variety of rhythm patterns:

1 Like

Hi Greg,

This is good feedback and it has been suggested already

The good news is that Justin’s team has started actively working on an update for the strumming machine tool, and they will let us know when the new version is live.

Last, but not least, welcome to the forum @gdiddy

All the best,
Franz

2 Likes

Thank you for your fast reply!

Thank you so much!