The Madman's Back Catalogue of JGC Recordings

AOVYP Recordings Since 2014

So this takes me back to my first recording on the old forum. There is some truly cringe worthy stuff here in my opinion, as we are always our own worst critics. But at the end of the day, I can look back and see the progress I made over the years, before I launched The Madman’s Diaries series, that will remain the vehicle for future recordings.

I am not sure why the link says “Listen online for free on SoundCloud” but it is what it is.

1. Tears Of The Dragon ( September 25, 2014)
    Stream Tears Of The Dragon by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  2. Tears Of The Dragon Overdub
    Stream 3 Min Tears Of The Dragon Overdub by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  3. Power Chord Abuse - Basket Case
    Stream Power Chord Abuse - Basket Case by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  4. What’s Up 4NB
    Stream episode What’s Up 4NB by tobyjenner podcast | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  5. Whats Up Recording 2
    Stream episode Whats Up Recording 2 by tobyjenner podcast | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  6. Call Me The Breeze First Cut ADE
    Stream episode Call Me The Breeze First Cut ADE by tobyjenner podcast | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  7. The Cranberries - Zombie
    Stream The Cranberries - Zombie by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  8. Wear Did You Lose It Stitch (a very bad Zombie)
    Stream Wear Did You Lose It Stitch by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  9. Fly Away
    Stream Fly Away by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  10. Another Man’s Cause
    Another Man’s Cause - YouTube
  11. Murder By The Seine (Parisienne Walkways first cut, no Backing Track)
    Stream Murder By The Seine (No Backing Track) by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  12. Murder By The Seine (Parisienne Walkways mash up)
    Stream Murder By The Seine by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  13. Holy Smoke
    Stream Holy Smoke by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  14. Funky Tears Of The Dragon
    Stream Funky Tears Of The Dragon by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  15. Normandie Noddle (Impro In D)
    Stream Normandie Noddle (Impro In D) by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  16. Malice Aforethought - Delay Driven
    Stream Malice Aforethought - Delay Driven by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  17. Hotel California Speaker ReMix
    Stream Hotel California Speaker ReMix by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  18. Like These Times
    Stream Like These Times by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  19. Like These Times Take 3
    Stream Like These Times Take 3 by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  20. I’ll Be There - PR & C
    Stream I’ll Be There - PR & C by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  21. Inside - A Schlaffenwagen Production
    Stream Inside - A Schlaffenwagen Production by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  22. Schlaffenwagen The French Connecton Aka Ascension Day (First ever singing recording)
    Ascension Day The Movie - YouTube
    Stream Schlaffenwagen The French Connecton Aka Ascension Day by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  23. House Of The Rising Sun - Schlaffenwagen Mix
    Stream HOTRS Schlaffenwagen Mix by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  24. An Irish Pub Song Cover
    Stream An Irish Pub Song Cover by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  25. Bridge Of Sighs Final Mix
    Stream Brigde Of Sighs Final Mix by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  26. Hey You Get Out Of That CAGE(D) - Justin Guitar G Major Impro
    Stream Hey You Get Out Of That CAGE(D) - Justin Guitar G Major Impro by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  27. Beautiful Soft E Minor Impro (that was the name of the backing track not my playing)
    Stream Beautilful Soft E Minor Impro by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  28. The Reaper (Original) Lots of musicians passed either side of Christmas 2016, Lemmy, Bowie etc. So a reflection on life
    Stream The Reaper by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  29. Turn The Page Hybrid
    Stream Turn The Page Hybrid 090320 TJ by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  30. Born To Be Wild (Vocals Only Cagn and Roman did the hard work)
    Stream Born To Be Wild by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  31. Behind Blue Eyes Hybrid
    Stream Behind Blue Eyes Hybrid by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  32. Attestation Blues (Original)
    Attestation Blues - YouTube
    Stream Attestation Blues by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
  33. Investigating Private Noodles (January 2021)
    Stream Investigating Private Noodles by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

I’ve not added the recorded exercises that arose from Mr Close2Us wonderful tutorials this year but will add them, as those topics are posted and I DO hope they will be posted.

Thank you for listening.

Cheers

Toby

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Nice one! Lots of projects when all are listed together like this :slight_smile:

Maybe I’ll follow your example and post a summary of my entire “recording journey” so far. Should also be quite a contrast from the first projects to the last (I hope).

3 Likes

@Kasper

Hey Kasper you made it, boy that’s a relief !!

Thanks for the comments and don’t forget the posts for last November and this year have come under the The Madman’s Diary banner here and on YouTube. The Modes, CofF and Borrowed Chords recordings are pending migration, for when Richard moves all his tips over, so that list is not exhaustive, as its been a very busy year.

Like you say with respect to your own voyage “a contrast from first to last”.
I think your recording journey would make a phenomenal post and inspiration !

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

Toby… really like this way of classifying all your recordings… I plan on doing the same

1 Like

I’ll post them Toby, for sure, though not in one big dump I don’t think.

1 Like

Richard I am in no hurry to add them until you review, update and repost the C2U Tips content. They lack context on their own but are ready to add when needed, but I may need to salvage the background “notes” from The Forum threads or they make even less sense. On the to do list. :sunglasses:

I’ve got a feeling there may be a few of these salvaged summaries :wink:

1 Like

Liking the avatar Brian very ewe.

1 Like

I designed it myself in a flash of inspiration.
It represents a 2-word slogan if you want to phone a friend :wink:

1 Like

You could have used this one :fu:

Argh… Apologies, oh Zen one.
I decided to test the flagging system, thinking I would be able to jokingly tell @Richard_close2u to rap your knuckles, but there was no txt box that came up allowing me to comment :roll_eyes:
You probably deserve to lose a badge or something anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On the bright side, I see grassing you up has earned me one of those prefect badges :smiley:

Talking of grassing peeps up , couple of message left in lala land after your parting gift. Go see
Devil Rocker

1 Like

Hehe, I was trawling through all my AVOYP posts and filling the cardboard boxes (gawd, I posted some drivel :roll_eyes:)- became quite nostalgic with some of the names (Hilts, Mr. Bumble…)
I do like this shiny Brave New World though and am sure it will work just like clockwork (orange :smiling_imp:)

1 Like

Oh yes, I probably gave you some of the last vibes ever as well

Yeah had a lump in my throat going through some if them ! Sorry mate you could have vibed me to kingdom come, I gave them little heed, as I will the fluffy hearts that are winding Gordon up a treat !

2 Likes

Brian

There is a lot we can leave behind but the memories will be with us forever.
The forum is dead long live the forum (ok there’s not strike through) Community

For those who will not be crossing the bridge.

Hilts

RIP

Lest we forget :cry:

6 Likes

“The more things change the more they stay the same”.

And as I was laughing my way through the posts here, I was glad of that.

So what about an RC, Brian. I remember this and that from when you joined and without getting all soppy, am ever so glad you decided to stay with guitar and the Community. The place would not be the same without you.

1 Like

Hi guys: Question. When I click on your picture, I see an autobiography. How can I add that to my profile. I can’t find that option on the dashboard account. Thanks

Answer here :slight_smile:

1 Like