Version 3.2.0 released Jul 1, 2022 - improvements / songs gone

That would easily be possible but the licences are held by music companies and often that is split by geographic region etc too.

If a song owner wants their song exclusively on one app etc nothing much they can do

1 Like

Losing some of the songs I was playing is really annoying ruined my evening in fact. Also , where has the recently played feature gone?
Not a happy paying customer.

4 Likes

Yes very disappointed right now I had a bunch of song in my favorite and songs I was working on to pass grade 1 and puff they are gone, what now?
I went to the website and was able to get a few of the songs to come up, but not the same as the app. I bought the app because I like the structure and want to continue, but not if this keeps up. Not right!

Disappointed customer
Adrien

1 Like

Iā€™ve turned off automatic updates for the app right now, keeping the old one

1 Like

@RobDickinson I donā€™t think that will save you. I have that setting on my phone and the app simply stopped working and wouldnā€™t get past the splash screen.
I had to reload it to make it work - the songs are server side rather than client side.

1 Like

Hmm my app works but yeah no local song library

1 Like

@MusopiaApps

Are the new songs going to have the full band setup?
Some of the tracks that have appeared in the update are just midi versions.

One note on the updated interface.
Please drop the playlist autoplay or at least make it optional.

2 Likes

Losing some of the songs I was playing is really annoying ruined my evening in fact. Also , where has the recently played feature gone?
Not a happy paying customer.

I could not agree more. Iā€™ve been working hard on a couple of songs that are simply gone.
Some notice or at least a list of the deleted songs would have been helpful.
Iā€™ve made donations in the past and Iā€™m a subscriber now and definitely not happy.

3 Likes

I second that. I found many midi tracks by browsing the songs and was disappointed not having full band.

2 Likes

Yeah a bunch of songs are gone that I was playing too, but there are also some new ones that I started since update. Licensing sucks in general. Not much that can be done about that other than paying more to use them.

1 Like

Yea, I discovered that during tonightā€™s song practiceā€¦an unwanted ā€œfeatureā€ with no apparent way to turn it off.

3 Likes

I read a bit here so I realize some changes are happening. Just wanted to mention that the song library doesnā€™t pop up at all either on my iPhone or iPad. Collections, excercises and search are all black.

1 Like

Looks like Iā€™ve lost ā€œPatienceā€, ā€œMr. Brightsideā€ and ā€œWhen You Were Youngā€ from my favourites in this round of changes, as well as the already much-lamented ā€œNothing Else Mattersā€ and ā€œWish You Were Hereā€. Itā€™s a real shame, I was having a great time working on those songs with the app.

I can appreciate that music licensing is a pain, and I get that there probably isnā€™t a whole lot Justin and Musopia can do about this. But it is still definitely a sad face experience to have some of the best practice tracks just suddenly vanish with no explanation.

Guys maybe next time you need to delete a bunch of tracks out of the app, send out some communication to your paying customers to let them know, and break the news a little more gently, rather than just doing it and hoping nobody notices :wink:

11 Likes

@javierdlopez you will need to delete the app and reload it. That version just no longer works. In my case it wouldnā€™t load at all.
The songs screen now looks like this.

Yes, pleaseā€¦

I also have been disappointed to notice that several of the songs, Iā€™ve been working on these last few weeks, have disappeared :frowning:

That was it. Thank you! Much appreciated!

1 Like

I too am EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED by the deletion of many songs I have been working on and enjoying including, GONE COUNTRY, GOOD HEARTED WOMAN, and LUKENBACK TEXAS.

Unless you are limited by size or storage space, (hint, no one is in this day and age) why oh why on earth would you take songs off that people are enjoying? There is no possible upside of doing that, only downside.

Deleting songs from the app is like a library arbitrarily taking books off the shelf or a dictionary deleting words.

I wonā€™t complain about the quirky buggy interface if you just PUT BACK THE SONGS.
I am taking my membership off auto renew for now and am actively looking for alternatives to the app

Annoying as it is to under go sudden change and loss in a familiar learning tool, remember that there are still a lot of great and fun songs in the app.

I would prefer to think of this as an opportunity to move past playing the usual songs with the app and starting to transition to playing them on your own, while exploring new skills with new app songs.

The app is a learning tool, super valuable. But it is different than actually learning a song. In fact, every time I went from playing a song on the app to learning it from Justinā€™s web video or elsewhere, there were a lot of differences to learn and I started actually remembering the song.

The app is for having fun with songs you like as you learn timing, rhythm, cord changes and strumming.

Although it is great to have songs we like, and are familiar with, what song you play on the app is less important than what the mechanics you need to learn from it are.

Justin has videos for actually learning songs.

Just my opinion.

2 Likes

I have been using the app for about a year and a half. Iā€™m frustrated with the new version because when I select a favorite, it launches immediately and does not give me a chance to select what mode I want say practice or vocals. It also assumes I want to go to the next song when done. I like to select a song and replay it several times for practice. My work around has been to create one song playlists
I am also missing songs I was workin on. I used ā€œTeardrops on My Guitarā€ to practice arpeggios and stuck 3/4 chords. It is now missing

2 Likes