Blues Immersion - Justin mentioned a blues course starting in June - could we please have some more info on that?

@math07 That’s a nice long and ambitious list of songs in that book. Have you got it?

But Bob Dylan’s All Along the Watchtower. Blues?

Yes, I got the Blues Lead Solos book. It looks really well done. It has a lot of details on the amp sound, the licks, the tabs, the transcribing and the techniques for each songs.

I did not start it yet because it does look a little bit intimidating at first. After BIM, I feel that I will have the confidence to start the project.

The idea comes from my rock songbook project which I shared on the community. I currently completed 10 songs out of the 15 in the first section of the book and it was a really effective Grade 3 consolidation. https://community.justinguitar.com/t/math07-jg-rock-songbook-project-7-out-of-15-2-songs-added-11-may

It’s different than choosing random songs to learn. Justin carefully choose the songs that you need to progress in a gradual way.

I’ve not completed G3 yet as I’ve just been incorporating lessons of it into my practice routine as I’ve been exploring further blues and fingerstyle. I have started to delve into the G4 lessons and have developed an enthusiasm for blues since learning to play with JG.

I’ve got a reasonable understanding of the minor/major pentatonic and major scale pattern 1 reasonably and covered some basic phrases including using in some call and response example pieces and shuffle pattern riffs. I definitely need to work on barres, bends and vibrato, I was just getting to that stage in learning.

I do enjoy the acoustic blues pieces. Just started yesterday learning slowly Baby Please Don’t Go. Figured it was time to try and learn an acoustic blues song.

You have both got me thinking now to just go for it and give it my all.

2 Likes

That does sound good. I would also add to record your own backing tracks using everything you learned and improvise over it using your expanded toolkit and knowledge.

3 Likes

Just bought my copy, you are very good salesman! :joy:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: Use coupon code math07 to get 10% off your next purchase. Ahahahaha !:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Boris, did you make up your mind yet on BIM ? Will you be in ?

1 Like

:rofl::joy::joy:

Yes, definitely, if I get the spot!

1 Like

@FannyJustinGuitar @JustinGuitar

Fanny/Justin can you confirm payment via PayPal will be available globally ? I have had some experience with US sites where they will not accept payments unless it is a US PayPal account. Not sure how this sit with JustinGuitar.com.

Just want to make sure I have a valid method of payment if I get that far !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Toby :wave: Yes PayPal will be available globally!

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming @FannyJustinGuitar see you Tuesday !
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

ok just got the email about this, is it something I need to turn up on time for or do within a certain timeframe? I really have not paid attention to all this its been somewhat confusing

nevermind just had a look I see what it is now

Justin will release 1 module per month for the next 6 months. You can watch the video anytime you want, you will have lifetime access to the course. There will be also be Zoom lesson once a month which will be recorded.

1 Like

I am tempted…

4 Likes

Hey Toby @TheMadman_tobyjenner just making sure you saw that registration is open. I know how much you wanted to sign up!

To everyone that signed up already, hope you all enjoy the course! Blues is not my focus so I won’t be joining, but I am oddly feeling a little bit of FOMO watching people sign up :laughing:

8 Likes

21 posts were split to a new topic: Blues Immersion - I’m in for BLIM - yay - who else is BLIMing?

Seeing the enthusiasm from so many forum folk I like and admire leaves me sad about my lack of interest in ‘the blues’ :cry: Sounds like it will be a super fun as well as rewarding experience. I hope you all have a blast and continue to share your blues journey here in the main community
I am slightly puzzled why the number of participants is limited :thinking:
Even if there’s a once a month online zoom lesson, I presume that’ll be largely Justin adding additional material and answering questions sent in about the course as it proceeds?
An extra $500 for every participant would be a significant support for this great site and Justin’s living :smiley:
Mah baby left meeeee… :notes: :guitar:
Nah… not yet :rofl:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Blues Immersion - I’m in for BLIM - yay - who else is BLIMing?

You clearly got the blues Brian! :smiley:

I assume/hope (based on what I read in all the emails and now in the month 0 from the course) that Justin will try to listen to people’s recordings, answer questions/guide students, etc.

So I guess it’s easier to manage when you have a limited number of students. Now, what this number is, I have no clue. I guess we’ll find out.

1 Like

Alles klar, Herr Kommissar! :man_police_officer: :saluting_face:

2 Likes

I feel with you, Brian. Although I’m very much interested in Blues, my current playing level doesn’t meet the requirements for this course. Would have been great to walk this path together with so many of you great community members :blush:.

I wish you all lots of fun and can’t wait to see and hear the results of this musical journey :star_struck:.

5 Likes